Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:31am
Sir Jimmy Savile has been accused of alleged sexual abuse against underage teenage girls in an ITV1 documentary to be shown on Wednesday.

It is believed Exposure: The Other Side of Jimmy Savile, will include several interviews with alleged victims of the DJ and TV presenter who died last year.

Sir Jimmy was never charged with any abuse offences during his lifetime.

One complaint was made to Surrey Police in 2007 but following an investigation, no further action was taken.

Sir Jimmy, who presented shows including Top of the Pops and Jim'll Fix It, died in 2011 at the age of 84.

The abuse is alleged to have taken place in a number of places including hospitals, schools and BBC buildings.

In a statement, the BBC said no evidence of allegations on its premises had been found.

"The BBC has conducted extensive searches of its files to establish whether there is any record of misconduct or allegations of misconduct by Sir Jimmy Savile during his time at the BBC. No such evidence has been found.

"Whilst the BBC condemns any behaviour of the type alleged in the strongest terms, in the absence of evidence of any kind found at the BBC that corroborates the allegations that have been made it is simply not possible for the corporation to take any further action."

Sir Jimmy's niece Amanda McKenna, of Kirkstall, Leeds, told the Yorkshire Evening Post: "The documentary makers should be ashamed of themselves cashing in on a man who is dead and cannot defend himself."

For more than six decades, Sir Jimmy was one of Britain's most established showbusiness figures and a leading charity worker.

The country's first pop disc jockey, Sir Jimmy was also a seasoned television presenter, marathon runner, Mensa member, wrestler and fundraiser.

He was instantly recognisable in his trademark tracksuit and chunky jewellery.

BBC NEWS
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:37am
So now that his image has been wrecked by some storys what does everyone think of this?

I for one would like an explanation as to why these ALLEGATIONS have only just come to light.

Talk about kicking somebody whilst they`re down.

Now the guy cannot defend or speak up for himself you have decided to bring all this out? Somethings not quite right about this.

think

Posted By: tankrat22 Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:41am
I was told 22yrs ago about Jimmy Savilles,alleged sexual abuses,by a very reliable source(Nursing Sister)Yorkshire hospital.As people say "No smoke without fire".
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:42am
Good old BBC. What good is that going to do for anyone? Although, thinking about it, the programme will probably be defending the BBC, as an organisation like that wouldn't like their reputation to be smeared, would they??? e.g. happening under their noses!
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:44am
not sure what to think here Ste.will watch the programme and then see.
2 side's to every story as they say
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:49am
Jimmy Saville was a lech? Tell us something we didn't know.
laffin
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:57am
So this is going to have a huge knock on effect for the charities that are still running is it not?

The big question is WHY WAIT UNTIL HE DIED?

What are these people gaining from this?

Oh, wait, he cannot defend himself now can he?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 12:08pm
I for one will be sad to hear if any of this is true, the man was marvel and a legend.
Posted By: adam79 Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 12:26pm
Have to say i agree with what ste is saying.Why now when he is dead and unable to defend himself? The guy was around for years yet there was only one official complaint against him,for which, following investigation,no further action was taken.

I also think that if the allegations where true then we would`ve heard alot more of them over the years.I believe the cases of the other dj simon king and also gary glitter would have given any victim of jimmy saville the courage and belief that they could get justice for themselves.

Also,why go to an ITV1 documentry and not the police?
Originally Posted by _Ste_
So this is going to have a huge knock on effect for the charities that are still running is it not?

The big question is WHY WAIT UNTIL HE DIED?

What are these people gaining from this?

Oh, wait, he cannot defend himself now can he?

so they can cash in on it, start with tv show, then books then people come out the woodwork saying he groped me and made my life hell. if anyone that needed looking into after there death it would of been rod hull how many kids did the grope with that bird on his hand think
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 12:42pm
Originally Posted by granny
Good old BBC. What good is that going to do for anyone? Although, thinking about it, the programme will probably be defending the BBC, as an organisation like that wouldn't like their reputation to be smeared, would they??? e.g. happening under their noses!

Sorry, mistake. I thought the BBC was showing it. More crap from Granny. Although still don't get the point of it happening now.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 12:55pm
Probably to stop him being canonised.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 1:28pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Probably to stop him being canonised.

raftl
I'm not surprised by these revelations but don't really know why.
I did read somewhere a few weeks ago that it wasn't a case of why are they showing this now - in fact the programme was due to be aired before now and had been postponed because of his death.
why didn't they do a tv show on Elvis then A twenty-four year old dating a fourteen year old isn't OK think
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 2:49pm
There was a program on a couple of years ago (I think it was a celebration of Top of the Pops). The Nolan Sisters stated that they HATED going on TOTP if Jimmy Savile was hosting it as he was ALL OVER THEM LIKE A RASH. Trying to kiss and cuddle them, putting his arms around them and making them generally uncomfortable. One of the main complaints they had was they were UNDER 16 at the time, just out of a quiet Irish upbringing and shy. These statements were made when Mr Savile was alive and kicking. It was also a known fact that Mr S had a static Caravan outside of town where all sorts of shenanigans went on.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 2:57pm
oh well looks like you have all found him guilty, shame we can not hang him.
Originally Posted by Dilly

they're just pissed off coz Jim didn't fix it for them raftl
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 4:04pm
no but looks like he fixed it for plenty more...and now there all broken.....whos gonna help now???
Posted By: dave_h Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 4:10pm

thats wiki justice!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 5:32pm
the bbc brushed it all under the carpet, from a legal point of view they would be stuffed, they employed him etc...etc...

wonder if his private apartment at broadmoor will come to light??

he was a nonce, simple as.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 5:49pm
That doesn't answer why no charges have been brought forward before the death.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 7:35pm
There are probably a whole lot more also. These theatricals ,are all in business because of what they are best at.
e.g. pretending to be someone they are not. That is their whole life, play acting. We never know who they really are until afterwards, when all the skleletons come creeping out of the cupboards and sometimes not even then. I also believe that they protect their cronies against such accusations as these in the Jimmy Saville case.
You know what your friend are up to, damn sure they do too. It could be detrimental to themselves if they got involved, so they keep quiet and are as much to blame. Just my opinion.
I think its a little odd to suddenly come out with all these stories now that he is dead, for what reason? If true its not like he is in a position to harm anybody anymore the only reason to do this would be for attention and money.
Same as the Michael Jackson case, the family that took the money to settle outside of court just proved his innocence to me I mean if it was your children who were abused would you want money or would you want to see the man punished.
Unfortunately though mud sticks and these men will forever now be known as pedophiles whether guilty are not. People shouldn't be so stupid to believe what is forced on them as facts by the media. Look beyond and question!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 9:13pm
why did Wacko pay out the million then ?
This is an interesting read

http://chris-ukorg.org/cover-ups/jimmy-saville-witch-hunt-or-paedophile/

I hate to say it but I do think he is guilty of what he been accused of and it was very well covered up frown

PS I don't know how to do links so don't know if ^^ will work .
Posted By: TheDr Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 30th Sep 2012 11:26pm
The CHRIS website is one that has been mentioned on Wiki before, the author of the site having a dubious reputation himself, but that's for another story.

The article makes much noise about famous people around Jimmy Saville and how it was well known that THEY had a fondness for young boys and how the police had warned THESE people away from loitering in public lavatories. However it then goes on to say how JS was using his show to get access to girls, this doesn't make any sense, it was either one or the other. Reading it carefully it actually says nothing at all, just gives details on actual places, which doesn't mean anything.

They show a photo of JS at Broadmoor with Peter Sutcliffe, the wording of the paragraph if read quickly implying that he knew him and was giving him a Masonic handshake. The picture doesn't show JS shaking hands with him, somebody else is, JS is merely in the picture. Broadmoor has a LOT of charity and entertainment events, and that was his job, friends of mine have performed there, I'm fairly sure there are pictures of them in the same shot as Sutcliffe, doesn't mean anything, just that they were there.

JS was always shown as a complete extrovert, a touchy feely type. As a child I thought he wore strange clothes and was funny, as I got older I just thought he was a bit camp. The hugging/holding of the Nolan girl, well maybe it wasn't right if you look at it with evil intent, but I remember Top of he Pops ALWAYS having people up with the DJ's, and they all, always, had one or even both arms around them.

He did a huge amount of work in his life, and the best anyone can come up with is that they think he might have been somewhere where something could possibly have happened although they don't know if he was there at the time, and, he hugged me and I didn't like it then they just need to leave the dead in peace.
why is it that when joe bloggs is accused of fiddling with kids the 'hang em high' attitude comes out but when it's a celebrity, especially one who's 'done a bit for charity', the attitude takes a swift U turn??

RE broadmoor, he had a private apartment there and it was common knowledge that kids were brought in 'to visit' him.
Originally Posted by _Ste_
That doesn't answer why no charges have been brought forward before the death.

Just read the article ste and take a look at his friends,he had friends in very high places.
Historical case's of child abuse are harder to prove and in the 70's and early 80's it was sadly brushed under the carpet and the victims were left feeling worthless.
Lets see what can of worms this opens up and who get's arrested after the programme is aired as am sure there will be a proper investigation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-ITV-goes-where-BBC-fears-to-tread.html#
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 1st Oct 2012 10:36am
interesting what esther rantzen has got to say.
it sure is Mrhanky
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 1st Oct 2012 10:54am
also i noticed that there is no mention of it on the bbc website home page, yet when you look on just about any other news site it's there on the home page...HMMMM...why would that be i wonder??
think alot of people in high places just might be shittin themselves right now
I expect exactly the same thing to happen when a certain "Peter Pan of Pop" dies. I've heard the rumors as have many.

Isn't it about time Cliff Richard admitted what we have all known for years..........that his music is crap!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 5th Oct 2012 12:55pm
Did anyone watch the program?

Noticed a lot more 'victims' have crawled out the woodwork.
yes i watched it very enlightning.
what a barstard he was
I watched with an open mind. His defence of Gary Glitter said it all....
guess looking back, it was always a kind of open secret,it ceertainly put a cloud over his charity work, one wonders why men in their position violate young girls, when they can have their pick of grown women????
as a general rule they get to where they are to gain access to young kids.
it's shocking!!!! yes you are right,people in positions of power and position, take advantage,also seen with priests.
thats true , same thing can apply to many more.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 12th Oct 2012 10:09am
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
I watched with an open mind. His defence of Gary Glitter said it all....

Spot on rude
I would like to hope and prey he didn't do this but as you said standing by glitter ( he did )
Evil man !
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 12th Oct 2012 11:51pm
Originally Posted by sunnyside
it's shocking!!!! yes you are right,people in positions of power and position, take advantage,also seen with priests.

Scout Leaders,Boarding School teachers/heads, etc.etc.

Did anyone see Janet Street Porter on BBC Question Time, last week? She just about admitted that she and many others knew what was going on back in the 80's. She stated that many had heard rumours etc. including herself. When asked by an audience member, as to why she didn't report it, she came up with some sort of excuse as to how she was molested when she was a young child,and her mother didn't believe her!! Not really the answer that we were looking for but I bet there were many who could have thrown a bit of light on everything back then, had they not feared for their rise in position within the media. Sad!Very sad!

I'm sick of seeing his face in all the clips that BBC are putting on their news programmes. It's a wee bit too much, get him off our screens...please.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 13th Oct 2012 12:00am
He was a bit of a hero of mine, how wrong was I.
Posted By: granny Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 13th Oct 2012 12:12am
He was a bit of a hero of mine, how wrong was I.

Well Dilly, we can all make mistakes, it's the information we are fed.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Jimmy Savile accused of alleged sexual abuse - 13th Oct 2012 12:27am
Makes me sick
© Wirral-Wikiwirral