Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 5:17pm
Hi just to advise if anyone planning a journey particularly to Man Airport that the M56 is closed , due to an incident. Road expected to re-open from 9:30 pm. Hubby been in traffic Jam since 4pm and tells me its at a standstill in both directions..He tells me its a Tanker that's overturned spilling fuel so have to clean the road before re-opening. He will do anything to get out of cooking the tea!!!! lol

copied the following from the traffic report if it helps.

M56 westbound between J14 and J15 | Westbound | Overturned Vehicle - On the M56 westbound between junctions J12 and J14, there are currently delays of 30 mins caused by congestion due to an overturned vehicle closing the road between junctions J14 and J15. Road expected to re-open from 9:15 pm.
Posted By: Wally Re: M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 5:45pm
If anyone is coming from Manchester I left Warrington and came through Liverpool and was home in 1 hour.
Posted By: tedmus Re: M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 6:17pm
I came from Northwich and took to A54 and picked up the M53 at Chester, bit of a delay reaching the interchange as they were letting traffic from the M56 the wrong way up the entry slip road from the M53. I got through in about 10 minutes but this was at about 4 o'clock.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 9:02pm
M56 is now open, but is down to only 1 lane in both directions, while they continue to clear the mess left by the accident involving an overturned tanker on the barrier
Posted By: DJDuck Re: M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 11:29pm
I took a helicopter from Liverpool to Chester and was home in 10 mins...I then picked up my Audi R8 spyder and was shagging the wife within 10 minutes at my Cheshire pile. Thanks.
Posted By: TheDr Re: M 56 - 24th Jul 2012 11:37pm
Originally Posted by DJDuck
I took a helicopter from Liverpool to Chester and was home in 10 mins...I then picked up my Audi R8 spyder and was shagging the wife within 10 minutes at my Cheshire pile. Thanks.

There's only one "pile" in that story..........and it's steaming laugh
Posted By: jimbob Re: M 56 - 25th Jul 2012 5:30pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by DJDuck

There's only one "pile" in that story..........and it's steaming laugh

Nice one doc
© Wirral-Wikiwirral