Forums
Posted By: derekdwc Proposed Boundary changes - 11th Jul 2012 10:03am
Does anyone know what these changes will be as regards Wirral.
Until I know how it will affect me and where I live, I find it
disgusting how it is being used as a political bargaining chip and the fact that it is about trying to manipulate voting to the benefit of one party or another without any input from ourselves
Posted By: alan128 Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 11th Jul 2012 12:48pm
have a look at this site

http://consultation.boundarycommiss...osed/north-west/cheshire-and-the-wirral/
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 12th Jul 2012 8:23am
Originally Posted by alan128

Still none the wiser really.
What I did like were the pdfs of Birkenhead and wallasey which you could magnify to just about work out what roads were marked by the ward boundaries
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 12th Jul 2012 8:41am
Oops-looks like Bidston will be joined up with Seacombe and the rest of Wallasey.
Posted By: 24424m Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 17th Jul 2012 8:46pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Oops-looks like Bidston will be joined up with Seacombe and the rest of Wallasey.

Yes - madness!

Huge swathes of Birkenhead, including the North End, Bidston & the Ford Estate, will be in Wallasey constituency.

On the positive side though, at least the Woodchurch comes back into Birkenhead, rather than being in the clutches of the vile Esther McVey, currently Wirral West, who will no doubt be earmarked for the safe (Tory) seat of Hoylake & Neston.

Esther can then stop patronising Woodchurch residents by pretending she remotely cares about them.

*edit*

..... & the Mersey Banks constituency is just bonkers - have you seen what is proposed there?
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 17th Jul 2012 8:57pm
It was bad enough that they knocked down the worst part of the North end and palmed half of them off on seacombe now they want to take the whole of BIRKENHEAD North and bidston and add it to wallasey! Ridiculous.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 18th Jul 2012 6:04pm
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Does anyone know what these changes will be as regards Wirral.
Until I know how it will affect me and where I live, I find it
disgusting how it is being used as a political bargaining chip and the fact that it is about trying to manipulate voting to the benefit of one party or another without any input from ourselves

It's what politicians do derek, it's their job.
whippy
Posted By: granny Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 19th Jul 2012 10:07am
Boundary changes have taken place a number of times that I can remember, over a period of decades. Usually Labour governments come up with the plan of action.

This latest farce was initiated a number of years back and at that point, some little jerk in Westminster, saw it a good idea to combine Wallasey and Kirkdale(Liverpol). They should get a degree in geography before they start making rash plans. Obviously whoever was responsible for the thought, must have imagined the River Mersey to be a trickling little brook, with stepping stones!

If they change the boundaries, and voting constituencies, I assume there will be fewer councillors needed, which can only be a good thing.
Posted By: granny Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 19th Jul 2012 10:41am
Wirral local electionsFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
One third of Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council in Merseyside, England is elected each year, followed by one year without election. Since the last boundary changes in 2004, 66 councillors have been elected from 22 wards.[1]

Contents [hide]
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 19th Jul 2012 9:28pm
The Parliamentary Constituency of Wallasey used to be a safe Conservative Seat. Now, it is a safe Labour seat. I am quite sure this happened entirely by accident.
Posted By: 24424m Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 19th Jul 2012 9:32pm
The Parliamentary Constituency of Wirral West is marginal. Under the proposed changes, Hoylake & Neston will inevitably be a safe Conservative seat. I am quite sure this proposal happened entirely by accident.
Posted By: bigpete Re: Proposed Boundary changes - 20th Jul 2012 12:44pm
Originally Posted by 24424m
The Parliamentary Constituency of Wirral West is marginal. Under the proposed changes, Hoylake & Neston will inevitably be a safe Conservative seat. I am quite sure this proposal happened entirely by accident.

It seems to have grown with the addition of Neston and part of South Wirral constitiuency....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral