Forums
Posted By: granny Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:01pm
Should not be forgotten.

Congratulations Maam on your Diamond Jubilee

Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:28pm
but what is it exactly that she has done for us ?
what should not be forgotten ? i cant think of anything she or any of the royals have done for the common good of the country

Tin Hat time.....

Attached picture hat.jpeg
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:40pm
"What's the Romans done for us?"

Someone's already done that one. They do keep the country stable, or the ethos of it does anyway. I think we would be a totally different country without them.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:50pm
Originally Posted by jabber

oh come on, she's...erm...erm...well...she advertises stamps i suppose grin
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:51pm
and money, when I manage to get my hand on some anyway.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:52pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky

oh come on, she's...erm...erm...well...she advertises stamps i suppose grin

laffin
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 4:56pm
and don't forget prince philip does a lot for race realations raftl
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 5:02pm
He's exactly what you want in a Grandad.
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:01pm
Well, she's worked for 60 years on a daily basis, which is something you won't do, even if you could.

Just lets send Best Wishes instead of getting rediculous. We've been through it all before and it's tiring. If you don't want to be included then don't include yourself.Quite simple.

CONGRATULATIONS Again.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:05pm
Originally Posted by granny
Well, she's worked for 60 years on a daily basis,

worked ?? in what sense would you call her role work
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:13pm
Well, she's worked for 60 years on a daily basis,

worked ?? in what sense would you call her role work

You know Jabber ,I thought you were an intelligent person which at the moment is not showing. If you don't like the monarchy that's fine, but don't play stupid to create an arguement. A man of your standing should know what she does. Different whether you support the idea or not. That's it from me..
Posted By: Wench Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:15pm
what should not be forgotten ? i cant think of anything she or any of the royals have done for the common good of the country

The Queen was given a position as a truck driver in the Auxiliary Territorial Service during the Second World War even though it was decided that she must not enlist in anything, that her training for the throne was of the first importance.

She felt that she would be a slacker and carry about an inferiority complex for life. So for a year, relentlessly, she persisted. Just before her 19th birthday, her father gave in. She joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service as an auto mechanic and driver and did so for 6 years.

Is that enough to be classed as for the "common good of the country"?
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:20pm
If you don't want to be included then don't include yourself.Quite simple.

down with free speech, quite right, don't want the peasants getting unruly.
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:21pm

You know Jabber ,I thought you were an intelligent person which at the moment is not showing.

whatever gave you that idea wink

If you don't like the monarchy that's fine, but don't play stupid to create an arguement. A man of your standing should know what she does. Different whether you support the idea or not. That's it from me..

i wasnt trying to cause an argument , more trying to develop a discussion on what the monarchy actually does for the country
and its people. Im totally impartial to the monarchy

(PS ive been on wiki for ages and not once had a cross word with anyone or started a single argument )
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:24pm
Originally Posted by Wench

The Queen was given a position as a truck driver in the Auxiliary Territorial Service during the Second World War even though it was decided that she must not enlist in anything, that her training for the throne was of the first importance.

She felt that she would be a slacker and carry about an inferiority complex for life. So for a year, relentlessly, she persisted. Just before her 19th birthday, her father gave in. She joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service as an auto mechanic and driver and did so for 6 years.

see granny now that was the sort of answer i was after...an example of what she has actually done
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 6:42pm
For those of us who cant stand the Monarchy and what they stand for, this is a group worth joining. Or at least signing their petition.

Republic

Posted By: Moonstar Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 7:42pm
Quite apart from all the public ship launching, centre opening, balcony waving there is much going on unseen. There is not one Prime Minister, to whom she speaks alone every week, who has not benefitted from generations of experience - the steadying hand.

The Royal Family call themselves 'The Firm' - they work together to keep it together.

The ultimate tourist attraction brings in oodles of dosh. The Queen's estates hand over far more of said dosh to Government coffers than received.

The Queen defends the Christian faith, perhaps you would rather it be of the Islamic variety along with Sharia Law?

Given the choice of an American style President, a Putin styled dictator or the Queen what would you rather have? Tony Blair/David Cameron for President?

Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 7:49pm
we get a gong for it, winner
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 8:02pm
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Quite apart from all the public ship launching, centre opening, balcony waving there is much going on unseen. There is not one Prime Minister, to whom she speaks alone every week, who has not benefitted from generations of experience - the steadying hand.

you'll have me in tears for her next, the poor overworked woman. i bet she does it all for minimum wage as well grin
Posted By: bizzybee Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 8:15pm
She wouldn't know a day's work if it jumped up and bit her in the ar$e.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 8:30pm
The Queen is ceremonial, the entire Royal Family is ceremonial. As above, she wouldn't know what a days work was if it bit her in the arse.

All the Royal Family are there for, is to remind we peasants how in-equal life is.

The Queen can't even dress herself, I saw a programme with Andrew Marr a few years back, and it was revealed the Queen has three dressers, and because one of them was ill, she didn't know what to do when she got up that morning. Until one of the others turned up, she stayed in her bedroom worried sick (the picture they painted was of a druggie going cold turkey).

After the Queen pops her cloggs, they should dissolve the Monarchy imho.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 8:52pm
The Diamond Queen 9pm bbc1 wink
Posted By: blackmetallic Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 9:04pm
Well she is my boss and am getting a new medal, so God Bless you Ma'am
Posted By: mb2496 Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 10:35pm
Hear, hear!

Our country is far better with the Royal Family than without.

God Save The Queen.

(no need to stand up)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 10:41pm
Originally Posted by mb2496
Hear, hear!

Our country is far better with the Royal Family than without.

In what way?? I can't think of how them not being born into their privileged position would affect me, or you??
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 6th Feb 2012 11:01pm
LOL Matt raftl don`t hold back just say it how it is raftl raftl
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 7th Feb 2012 12:18am
god save our gracious queen lol
Posted By: bizzybee Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 7th Feb 2012 8:36am
She, and her hangers on, have known nothing but absolute luxury all of their lives, while the rest of us must struggle on against all odds, but we are expected to bow and scrape to her and her ilk. What right has she earned for this privilege?
Posted By: woodley Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 6:21am
Originally Posted by Wench

Well said! Congratulations to our Qeen on a job well done. clap
Posted By: woodley Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 6:24am
Well, she's worked for 60 years on a daily basis, which is something you won't do, even if you could.

Just lets send Best Wishes instead of getting rediculous. We've been through it all before and it's tiring. If you don't want to be included then don't include yourself.Quite simple.

CONGRATULATIONS Again.

Good on you Granny. Sock it to 'em. yes
Posted By: blackmetallic Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 11:23am
Originally Posted by dave_h

So do I, I think they are all jealous
Posted By: Katryn Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 7:18pm
Why dosent the Queen help people in this country especially the elderley 1's who fought this country aswell instead of seeing them struggle, financially etc why cant she help out the poor and homeless etc of the country.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 7:46pm
Originally Posted by Kathryn
Why dosent the Queen help people in this country especially the elderley 1's who fought this country aswell instead of seeing them struggle, financially etc why cant she help out the poor and homeless etc of the country.

Pensioners are guaranteed £120 a week, over double what the unemployed get. There are very few pensioners struggling unless they are giving their money away.

I don't understand how anyone can be homeless.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 8:16pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

Pensioners are guaranteed £120 a week, over double what the unemployed get. There are very few pensioners struggling unless they are giving their money away.

withthat...

In addition to the few hundred they get handed to them each year for their fuel (to put it into perspective my electric bill for a year is about the same as they get given, and I bet I have a lot more gadgets and gizmos running up my bill, plus a 500 litre fishtank that needs to be heated and lit up for the plants to grow...). And then there's the free bus pass, and the TV licence etc, which a Jobseeker would have to pay (indeed they are expected to make their way to their local jobcentre every week are they not?).

Although unemployed single people/couples without children can easily become homeless due to LHA rates for these people are pathetic in comparison to private rents, so HB and CT won't always keep a roof over their head.
Posted By: bizzybee Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 8:45pm

She probably doesn't know that these people actually exist.

(Don't forget, everywhere she visits smells of fresh paint)
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 9:22pm
An even bigger laugh is that we pay Winter Fuel Allowance to 73,000 people who have moved abroad too EEC areas eg Costa Brava where the weather is somewhat warmer than here.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 9:24pm
An even bigger laugh is that we pay Winter Fuel Allowance to 73,000 people who have moved abroad too EEC areas eg Costa Brava where the weather is somewhat warmer than here.

Pathetic isnt it, if ever there was a waste of money, it was this. They need to either means-test it or scrap it and incorporate it into pension credit imho.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 9:44pm
Originally Posted by blackmetallic

So do I, I think they are all jealous

i think they are mate
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 9:52pm
Jealous of what exactly? Not being able to think for myself? No, I'd rather have a life in the peasantry and know what I achieve in my humble life, I do so through hard work and determination, and not through being born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

Fair do's to them though, they know nothing of real life, and thus they think life is all tea parties and diamonds.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 8th Feb 2012 9:58pm
All UK householders are entitled to the free medal unless they choose to withdraw the offer.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 12:23pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Jealous of what exactly? Not being able to think for myself? No, I'd rather have a life in the peasantry and know what I achieve in my humble life, I do so through hard work and determination, and not through being born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

Fair do's to them though, they know nothing of real life, and thus they think life is all tea parties and diamonds.

what has not thinking for yourself have to do with getting the diamond jubilee medal?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 12:24pm
All UK householders are entitled to the free medal unless they choose to withdraw the offer.

gen? check your qualifying criteria

http://www.culture.gov.uk/news/news_stories/8248.aspx

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 12:57pm
Sure did

CLICKY
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 1:11pm

withthat...

In addition to the few hundred they get handed to them each year for their fuel (to put it into perspective my electric bill for a year is about the same as they get given, and I bet I have a lot more gadgets and gizmos running up my bill, plus a 500 litre fishtank that needs to be heated and lit up for the plants to grow...). And then there's the free bus pass, and the TV licence etc, which a Jobseeker would have to pay (indeed they are expected to make their way to their local jobcentre every week are they not?).

Although unemployed single people/couples without children can easily become homeless due to LHA rates for these people are pathetic in comparison to private rents, so HB and CT won't always keep a roof over their head.

Matt oh dear! You don't like the Monarchy because they have tea and diamonds, you don't like the pensioners having £200, winter fuel payments, you don't like them having bus passes or free TV licences after they are 75yrs. I suppose you don't like the Prime Ministers because they (generally) had a good eduation and have millionaire friends. What about the children with free school dinners or free milk, do they come under the same banner of your 'not likes', or those with disabilities who get more benefits than others? Most pensioners have paid about 50 years National Insurance contibutions towards their state pensions, but maybe you'd like it better if it was paid to you for your fish tank or to grow your plants. What plants do you grow at this time of year that need electricity??
It seems you are very angry, or to use someone elses word 'jealous' but of course the only person jealousy hurts, is the jealous person. Would you like everyone to be unemployed so we each have the same, which would be very little if you think about it? It's those with most money who are paying the high taxes to keep the unemployed in benefits. I suggest you give up your fish tank, gadgets, gizmo's and plants and stick with the old telly.You may be able to save some money, then you can give it to help the poor unemployed and homeless! What a good idea! wink
Posted By: blackmetallic Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 1:41pm

Wait, even PCSO's get this medal too, for what?
Posted By: Wench Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 1:48pm
They're 2 different medals. The "general public" one is more of a commemorative coin than a medal per se.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:02pm
Sure did

CLICKY

Coin, not medal
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:05pm
Originally Posted by blackmetallic

Wait, even PCSO's get this medal too, for what?

cycling round town?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:08pm
Sure did

CLICKY

Coin, not medal

not to mention the offer is suspended
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:12pm
Its only temporarily suspended - and it is a medal not a coin!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:16pm
I suggest you give up your fish tank, gadgets, gizmo's and plants and stick with the old telly.You may be able to save some money

I don't need to give up my luxuries in life, because I work hard, and earn lots of money to pay for them, thank you. I also already have my own pension pot and investments for the future. None of it is provided by the state. If you honestly think I'm moaning about the cost of things, I think you need to go back to school, the point I was making was totally different.

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:19pm

what has not thinking for yourself have to do with getting the diamond jubilee medal?

Aha I see your argument faultered, so the best you could come out with is a predefined response. How about explain why I am jealous of a group of out-of-touch, spoon fed, hasbeens, who should have been put out of their misery decades ago...
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:23pm

Aha I see your argument faultered, so the best you could come out with is a predefined response. How about explain why I am jealous of a group of out-of-touch, spoon fed, hasbeens, who should have been put out of their misery decades ago...

i asked a question?? so a predefined response is sort of what i would expect, you seem like one of those blokes who is rather obnoxious, thinks he's mighty intelligent, though that was quite a sweeping statement and i have no evidence to back it up with, just like yourself!

read back through the posts, see what we have written, look @ the qualifying criteria, look at my avatar and see if you grasp whats being talked about
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:28pm
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the qualifying criteria waffle you decided to post, came after you claimed you agree that "they are all just jealous". The original statement was clearly made in response to condemnation of the Royal Family by various members.

As you have no argument to back such a ridiculous claim up, you now decide to play a different tactic to avoid making yourself look like, for want of a better word, a muppet, for making such a silly statement.

I say it again, what exactly am I supposed to be jealous of?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:39pm
Unless I'm very much mistaken, the qualifying criteria waffle you decided to post, came after you claimed you agree that "they are all just jealous". The original statement was clearly made in response to condemnation of the Royal Family by various members.

As you have no argument to back such a ridiculous claim up, you now decide to play a different tactic to avoid making yourself look like, for want of a better word, a muppet, for making such a silly statement.

im a bootneck, like i give a care if i look a muppet or not, if im wrong ill take it on the chin, and not play keyboard warrior, do you qaulify for the medal, i think not, as i have said previously i made a sweeping statement

Gerrod Parrot acknowledges that people can experience envy and jealousy at the same time. Feelings of envy about a rival can even intensify the experience of jealousy. Resentment of circumstances Parrott, W.G. (1992). The emotional experiences of envy and jealousy. In P. Salovey (Ed.), The Psychology of Jealousy and Envy (pp. 3–29). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:40pm
[quote=MattLFC]Unless I'm very much mistaken, the qualifying criteria waffle you decided to post, came after you claimed you agree that "they are all just jealous". The original statement was clearly made in response to condemnation of the Royal Family by various members.

i syill backed up my claim a few post later
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:41pm
I am not a Republican or a member of the Republic political movement, the Royal Family are not my rival - unless they happen to be Man Utd fans!!

wink
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:45pm
Then there are that even stranger group of people who "want" people to be jealous/envious of them, what an aspirational target in life raftl
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:48pm
Its only temporarily suspended - and it is a medal not a coin!

do you get a ribon with?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 2:49pm
Then there are that even stranger group of people who "want" people to be jealous/envious of them, what an aspirational target in life raftl

whats facts is that based on?
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 6:16pm
I suggest you give up your fish tank, gadgets, gizmo's and plants and stick with the old telly.You may be able to save some money

I don't need to give up my luxuries in life, because I work hard, and earn lots of money to pay for them, thank you. I also already have my own pension pot and investments for the future. None of it is provided by the state. If you honestly think I'm moaning about the cost of things, I think you need to go back to school, the point I was making was totally different.

smile

So sorry Matt, I think you took my quote out of context! I know you weren't moaning about the cost of things,in that instance, you were moaning about the fact that pensioners get £200 winter fuel bill, when you with all your electrical gadgets do not, and they get free bus passes and eventually free TV license.
I'm pleased you have a pension fund in place because you will also get a state pension even if you don't need it. Then you will pay more tax. Think of the pensioners who get basic rate pensions, they need the winter fuel allowance. I'm also pleased you work hard to achieve your goals, which applies to many others too. That's what life is about, we have a sense of pride in ourselves,which is quite often missing in those who feel life is always better for others than it is for themselves.
p.s. I would love to go back to school but they wouldn't have me!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 9th Feb 2012 6:39pm

smile

So sorry Matt, I think you took my quote out of context! I know you weren't moaning about the cost of things,in that instance, you were moaning about the fact that pensioners get £200 winter fuel bill, when you with all your electrical gadgets do not, and they get free bus passes and eventually free TV license.
I'm pleased you have a pension fund in place because you will also get a state pension even if you don't need it. Then you will pay more tax. Think of the pensioners who get basic rate pensions, they need the winter fuel allowance. I'm also pleased you work hard to achieve your goals, which applies to many others too. That's what life is about, we have a sense of pride in ourselves,which is quite often missing in those who feel life is always better for others than it is for themselves.
p.s. I would love to go back to school but they wouldn't have me!

A. I wasn't moaning about me not getting winter fuel allowance; re-read the post, I clearly stated "to put it into perspective". It was intended to give an idea that I bet I use more electric than the average pensioner, with all my gadgets and gizmos, and a heater/filter/lightunit etc keeping my fishtank running 24/7, and yet the winter fuel allowance, would pretty much pay annual electric bill, so was re-enforcing DD's point, how can a pensioner be "poor"?

B. I very much doubt the state pension will be around, by the time I come to claim, and should I even manage to reach 143 to claim it, it will probably be worth pittance by then, pension reform is a bitch, but imho, it's a positive thing that in future, people will have to plan and provide for ourselves - though I don't begrudge anyone a state pension under the current system, most paid their taxes and insurances, and deserve what they were promised. I just wish I had a public-sector pension, that would be immense lol. But I'm in the private sector, where pensions can crash and nobody bats an eyelid.
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 10th Feb 2012 9:00am
A pensioner can be poor if they get £121.00 per week and have to pay all their bills.
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 10th Feb 2012 10:13am
All done now???

Congratulations Your Majesty on your Diamond Jubilee Year

God Save Our Queen
yomama
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 10th Feb 2012 1:33pm
I'll be happy to share in the God Save Our Queen sentiment, because I'd wish no harm to her or any of the Royal's.

smile
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 10th Feb 2012 3:32pm
nice to see the 2 prince's in active dutys abroad , i take my hat off to them both.
Posted By: granny Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 10th Feb 2012 7:19pm
Pleasant remarks lads, well done. That's all that's needed. yes ?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 11th Feb 2012 11:48am
nice to see the 2 prince's in active dutys abroad , i take my hat off to them both.

roger that, just remember that for those who find it easy to gob off about there easy lives, they aint the only 2 either who have been operational
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 11th Feb 2012 11:57am
There's not many of the nay sayers on here who would have the wherewithall to become an Apache pilot, got to take your hat off to the fellah there. The Air Sea Rescue is another worthy calling, I bet they are dreading when that all finishes and they have to go around glad handing everyone instead, that'll be a sea change and a half. Flying low in a chopper through hills and valleys is an amazing buzz, thoroughly recommended to anyone who gets the chance.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 11th Feb 2012 12:04pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
There's not many of the nay sayers on here who would have the wherewithall to become an Apache pilot, got to take your hat off to the fellah there. The Air Sea Rescue is another worthy calling, I bet they are dreading when that all finishes and they have to go around glad handing everyone instead, that'll be a sea change and a half. Flying low in a chopper through hills and valleys is an amazing buzz, thoroughly recommended to anyone who gets the chance.

fair one, even when there glad handling, no one will have the right to mouth them, they would have done their part
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee - 11th Feb 2012 12:11pm
this is why i originally asked the question of what has she done for us

it was a genuine question

to be fair to the 2 prince's , they must be quite intelligent lads to be in the jobs they are doing. Theres no way i could get my head round flying one of those machines...hell i cant even fly an RC helicopter
© Wirral-Wikiwirral