Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 4:16pm
The BBC has now received more than 20,000 complaints over Jeremy Clarkson's comments that striking workers should be executed.

[youtube]jVbZz5WW0CA[/youtube]

SKY NEWS
Posted By: DavidB Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 4:25pm
Why doesn't it show the whole thing in context?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 5:18pm
Why cant people accept that he is right!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 5:18pm
clap
Posted By: sean Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 5:32pm
clarkson should be PM
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 5:36pm
Originally Posted by sean
clarkson should be PM

well his bezzy mate is wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 5:51pm
In the grand scheme of things Clarkson is insignificant, yet another over paid gob shite who's never done a hard days work in his life. Another millionaire who likes to tell hard working people struggling to bring up their families how to live their lives. Hope the prick gets the sack.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 7:02pm
Bert1. He is bloke who has never grown up, still playing with boys toys, trouble is a hell of a lot of people are the same{meaning never grown up} thats why his programme makes so much money for the beeb. The beeb likes to have motor mouths {remember J Ross} and as long as we keep pouring the licence fee money into the system the beeb will never get its act together. Not that I believed in the strike by the way
Originally Posted by bert1
In the grand scheme of things Clarkson is insignificant, yet another over paid gob shite who's never done a hard days work in his life. Another millionaire who likes to tell hard working people struggling to bring up their families how to live their lives. Hope the prick gets the sack.
That's not strictly true. Clarkson was popular with TV companies because he worked out cheaper than most presenters, the reason for this was that Clarkson did all his own research and script writing, this saved the TV companies from employing a gang of support people. No doubt these days he has an easier life, but his path to stardom was through hard work.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 8:03pm
Other Offensive remarks Clarkson said..

In October 1998 Hyundai complained to the BBC about what they described as "bigoted and racist" comments he made at the Birmingham Motor Show, where he was reported as saying that the people working on the Hyundai stand had "eaten a dog" and that the designer of the Hyundai XG had probably eaten a spaniel for his lunch. Clarkson also allegedly referred to those working on the BMW stand as "Nazis", although BMW said they would not be complaining. In a later incident during a Top Gear episode broadcast on 13 November 2005, Clarkson, while talking about a Mini design that might be "quintessentially German", made a mock Nazi salute, and made references to the Hitler regime and the German invasion of Poland by setting the GPS system to Poland.

In April 2007 he was criticised in the Malaysian parliament for having described one of their cars, the Perodua Kelisa, as the worst in the world, built "in jungles by people who wear leaves for shoes". A Malaysian government minister countered, pointing out that no complaints had been received from UK customers who had bought the car.

While in Australia, Clarkson made disparaging remarks aimed at Gordon Brown,
in February 2009, calling him a "one-eyed Scottish idiot" and accused him of lying. These comments were widely condemned by the Royal National Institute of Blind People and also Scottish politicians who requested that he should be taken off air. Furthermore, the comments were condemned as racist. He subsequently provided a qualified apology for remarks regarding Brown's "personal appearance"

In July 2009 though, Clarkson made another indignant remark about the British Prime Minister during a warm-up while recording a Top Gear show, apparently describing Brown as "a silly git" Although several newspapers reported that he had subsequently argued with BBC 2 controller Janice Hadlow, who was present at the recording, the BBC denied that he had been given a "dressing down". John Whittingdale, Conservative chair of the Culture Select Committee remarked: "Many people will find that offensive, many people will find that word in particular very offensive i am surprised he felt it appropriate to use it.

On 6 July 2010 Clarkson reportedly angered gay rights campaigners after he made a remark on Top Gear that did not get aired on the 4 July's episode. But guest Alastair Campbell wrote about it on Twitter. Clarkson apparently said he "Demanded the right not to get bummed". The BBC later said that they cut this remark out as they "edited down" the interview as it was too long to fit into the show.

His 4 September 2011 column for The Sun newspaper drew angry remarks in response to Clarkson's call to abolish the Welsh language: "I think we are fast approaching the time when the United Nations should start to think seriously about abolishing other languages. What’s the point of Welsh for example? All it does is provide a silly maypole around which a bunch of hotheads can get all nationalistic."
most complaints came after seeing it on the news.
People jumping on the bandwagon . . . did those who complain know what he said nefore the reported remark.

I agree it was slightly silly but do people REALLY believe he wanted those on strike shot or is it a sense of humour by-pass (although it was in bad taste).
Clarkson is a privileged prigg. He needs to get in the real world. Most public servants work damned hard for their money. Not like him. I'd like to bend his nose.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 9:00pm
Maybe it was a stupid thing to say but some of the PC reaction is just as extreme in the other direction. Some people just have no sense of humour. Can't anyone take a joke any more?
Posted By: PaulH Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 9:25pm
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
Maybe it was a stupid thing to say but some of the PC reaction is just as extreme in the other direction. Some people just have no sense of humour. Can't anyone take a joke any more?
I'd be very surprised if the beeb sack him. Like or loathe it (i like it) top gear generates a staggering amount of money for the corporation in return for a modest outlay.
he was actually reading off a script that the head of bbc had approved before hand!!!!heads will roll but clarkson will be ok.
i aint laughed so much since i saw a granny get run over on a zebra crossing. Poor zebra died too. Real or mad humour? If he were in power he couldnt get caravans banned anymore than get strikers shot. Read his books and they are littered with similar humour
Posted By: dave_g Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 2nd Dec 2011 11:43pm
i cant be the only one who laughed at what he said?why should he get the sack?after all it was him and andy wilman who devised top gear as it is now,how much money has he made for the bbc?id say it takes hard work to achieve what he has,so i say good luck to him!
I thought it was funny when I watched the video on here, it was obviously a joke and he was obviously purposely exaggerating. That's what I thought anyway!
Posted By: Shambo Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 12:27am
It's a shame he doesn't like public transport because he could have met his ideal woman on a tram in London last week.
Why the outrage? I am undecided on Clarkson, he can be funny but I also find him a pompous tool. Is he going to be a deciding factor in the outcome of the pensions debate? I doubt it, I seriously cant see Cameron in parliament coming out with "but Clarkson said...." followed by lots of slurred "here here". He is a mouthpiece who was flogging a dvd about driving cars on a fading show and by people taking such offence, they have only increased publicity for said DVD and highlighted anti protest "propoganda"

People sometimes need to remove head from backside and accept that:

A. you have more chance of a genius behind a McDonalds counter than Clarkson getting sacked

B. We have free speech here, Clarkson doesnt agree with strikes.

p.s he doesnt really want to execute people in front of their families.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 7:37am
We don't have free speech in this country and the court rooms are full of those who think we do, I've never understood how people reach that conclusion. So taking people outside and shooting them in front of their families is a brand of humour and funny, I can accept that some people do think its funny, we all have different views on whats funny, though I doubt the people who had the IRA do it to them will. I wonder if there was a Jewish protest it would be accepted as a joke if he recommended them being thrown back in the gas ovens, perhaps so.
Whats really annoying and coming from someone at the top of the financial food chain is telling people "How dare they strike" and they've got perfectly good pensions. All this from, and I repeat from an earlier contribution, someone who has never done a hard days work in his life, if research and script writing is hard work, what category does that put Nurses, Miners, Hod carries, etc in.
So now clarkson is out there with the IRA and the nazis with one tongue in cheek comment? Heaven forbid you would be dramatic!

"Whats really annoying and coming from someone at the top of the financial food chain is telling people "How dare they strike" and they've got perfectly good pensions."

I agree with that bt though.
have you watched the video? He said it as an extreme opposite to what he said about liking the strike so much, he was 'balancing it out' so exaggerated it, people are so quick to act like they're insulted when that's not what was even said! 'you want a chocolate?' , 'oh so i'm fat now?!!!'
Posted By: bert1 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 9:56am
Its not just one tongue in cheek comment is it, he does it all the time, when is he going to get some sense and realise that TV companies are setting him up for these comments and being the attention seeking idiot he is, he laps it up at other people expense.
He should stick to what he's apparently good at and that's cars, though I do believe every time he degrades one it becomes a best seller. If he has got an opinion on certain issues (Pensions) he should give them in a sensible manner, though why anybody would want to hear them is beyond me. These so called celebrity's should stick to what they know and not get involved in something they have no interest in except for no other reason than highlighting something for their own ends.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 9:56am
Originally Posted by Shambo
It's a shame he doesn't like public transport because he could have met his ideal woman on a tram in London last week.
Thats below the belt.
Leave that poor woman alone.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 12:25pm
they can all do one,they get a better f****n pension deal than i do!if anyone can complain its frontline soldiers,the rest should get on with it!
Posted By: raymondo Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 1:09pm
i think people should get a fecking life IT WAS A JOKE FOR FOOK SAKE GET A SENCE OF HUMER WHAT NEXT SHOULD HE BE ARRESTED FOR DEATH THREATS OR THREATS TO KILL FFS!!!!!!
Posted By: davew3 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 1:16pm
Political correctness at it's best, no wonder the country is slowly going down the drain, everybody seems to be brainwashed, what happened to wind up's and and just watching tv and enjoying the thing as another entertainment, just because they have reality shows on doen't mean your part of the reality, just 20,000 miserable tosspots, who need to find an outlet that they can decay in.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 1:52pm
Clarkson says the things the rest of us are thinking and would love to say. I think he thrives on controversy. I love the bloke! (in a manly sort of way.)
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 2:11pm
Originally Posted by bert1

Now now bert, leave the man alone, if theres anyone thats overpaid and never done a hard days work in their life it`s the football players, bleeding joke they are!
He's an entertainer, if you don't like what he does then turn over, that's what I do with I'm a Celebrity, X Factor, Strictly and all the other stuff I don't like. If someone else wants to watch then it's up to them. Everybody these days seems to "hate" other people who don't have the same opinions e.g. Daily Mail readers, Tories, Telegraph Readers, Maggie Thatcher, et al. Just enjoy what you do like and file the other stuff away, easy peasy. Oh, and keep a sense of humour.
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
He's an entertainer, if you don't like what he does then turn over, that's what I do with I'm a Celebrity, X Factor, Strictly and all the other stuff I don't like. If someone else wants to watch then it's up to them. Everybody these days seems to "hate" other people who don't have the same opinions e.g. Daily Mail readers, Tories, Telegraph Readers, Maggie Thatcher, et al. Just enjoy what you do like and file the other stuff away, easy peasy. Oh, and keep a sense of humour.

clap
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 3:07pm

True, what have people got against the daily mail?

Is it because they slated the avanues in birkenhead being the worst, dirtyest scummy place in england? Ore because they said the ford estate was smack rat city and full of heroin addicts?
Ha, Ha, I know loads of people who say that too. Come to think of it they say that about where I live too. It's a hard life.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 3:18pm
Ha, Ha, I know loads of people who say that too. Come to think of it they say that about where I live too. It's a hard life.

I`m being serious, the daily mail did print that on 2 seperate occasions.

Why do people not like the daily mail?

Boggles me so it does. confused
Posted By: bert1 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 3:21pm
If you've been following the Levison inquiry and listened to the newspaper reporters testimonies you would understand where the saying "Never believe anything you read in the newspapers" comes from.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simples.
What I am getting at is that I don't understand why people "hate" just because they don't conform to some conception or other. Often it's "hate" with plenty of added venom too. I just don't understand that part of it.

Ah, the good old Nazi-sympathising Daily Mail. Personally, I don't really care too much about what Clarkson said. He's not the brightest guy in the world but he doesn't half do a neat line in self-publicity.
Given the filth that comes out of the Tories and their lackeys in the media then it's no wonder many people hate them.
I've got a few very nasty Maggie Thatcher jokes I'll post late in the jokes thread.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 3:51pm
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simples.
What I am getting at is that I don't understand why people "hate" just because they don't conform to some conception or other. Often it's "hate" with plenty of added venom too. I just don't understand that part of it.

Ahh, but also the word "hate" can be used as a figure of speech for one to say they "don`t like" but in a stronger manner of speaking.
Touchstone's is a case in point, I'm a Nazi sympathiser if I read a newspaper that he doesn't like and he's got a load of Maggie jokes, well whoopee!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 5:10pm
popcorn
Posted By: Wench Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 6:43pm
I don't honestly think he's any worse than Prince Phillip with some of the stuff he comes out with but nobody asks for him to be "sacked" (could he be sacked anyway considering he's the Queen's husband?).

I agree with the "if you don't like him, don't watch him" comment. It seems that some people just watch certain people and programmes so that they can complain about something. The whole "Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand" is another of those scenarios - very few of the people that complained actually heard the original broadcast, they just put their hands out as the "Outrage Bus" approached.

This whole PC malarky does my head in mad

Posted By: raymondo Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 6:59pm
all a load of bollox if you ask me they spend more time and effort trying to get our boys home or fighting for better rights when they come home injured than complaining about some silly comment that a very funny old man made, lets see em slate phillip where would that get em fecking no where, might even get them shot loook what happened to diana when she spoke out of place !!!
Posted By: dave_g Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 3rd Dec 2011 9:17pm
well said raymondo,but you might get calls to be sacked by saddos now...
Touchstone's is a case in point, I'm a Nazi sympathiser if I read a newspaper that he doesn't like and he's got a load of Maggie jokes, well whoopee!

I wasn't talking about any paper I didn't like. I was talking about the Daily Mail. It's a rather nasty little rabble rouser which verges on the fascist sometimes. Although you come across as pretty right-wing I wouldn't call you a Nazi by any means.

Anyway, if you don't like my comments about Thatcher and the Mail then don't read them. But I suppose a little debate and disagreement is healthy. Keeps the world interesting.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 4th Dec 2011 1:09am
Originally Posted by Touchstone

I wasn't talking about any paper I didn't like. I was talking about the Daily Mail. It's a rather nasty little rabble rouser which verges on the fascist sometimes. Although you come across as pretty right-wing I wouldn't call you a Nazi by any means.

Anyway, if you don't like my comments about Thatcher and the Mail then don't read them. But I suppose a little debate and disagreement is healthy. Keeps the world interesting.

omg Omfg!

Chill.

Posted By: raymondo Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 4th Dec 2011 9:06am
Originally Posted by dave_g
well said raymondo,but you might get calls to be sacked by saddos now...

fook em !!!! pmsl somad busted
Posted By: davew3 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 4th Dec 2011 9:12am
On a little point of order and just to get things straight,
the Nazis = National Socialist German Workers' Party which was a left wing party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_Party

Posted By: StuyMac Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 4th Dec 2011 10:36am
Clarkson always has been, and always will be controversial in some eyes.

Its a free country, who cares what he says, he is entitled to an opinion. Would everyone in his local complain if he said it down his local pub think
Posted By: DavidB Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 5th Dec 2011 11:00am
I was listening to Talksport last night and the reason why Jeremy Clarkson won't get sacked is because he and Top Gear generates £200 million in overseas revenue for the BBC, whereas Jonathan Ross generates 0.
I don't think it's sackable, it's just a passing statement, I think he's programmed to do this now as part of the character he plays.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 5th Dec 2011 11:21am
Originally Posted by davew3
the Nazis = National Socialist German Workers' Party which was a left wing party.

Compared to Clarkson, Hitler probably was left wing.
Originally Posted by davew3

Its described as far right in your link...
Posted By: Wench Re: Clarkson 'Execution' Complaints Top 20,000 - 5th Dec 2011 6:10pm
Left wing, Right wing, chicken wing - does it really matter in the great scheme of things? It's old news now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral