Forums
Posted By: Focuzed Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 1:26pm
All our thoughts go out to his family at such a very sad time, Gary was an inspiration when he played for Everton.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 1:35pm
Iam gutted, feel so sorry for his wife & kids, RIP Gary Speed.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 1:40pm
RIP Gary Speed, what very, very sad news.
Posted By: sean Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 1:50pm
bloody ell that's a shock. RIP gay, thought go out to family and friends
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 1:55pm
What a shock,he was on football focus yesterday.

Thoughts are with his family and friends,RIP gary.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 2:20pm
Thoughts are too his family and friends x
Posted By: Steve_Jonn0 Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 2:29pm
This is a big shock. RIP Gary.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 2:32pm
Hahahha sig smile

Anno such a shame frown
Posted By: starakita Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 3:05pm
heard the sad news on our way to footy RIP Gary
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 3:14pm
I am stunned by this news. I watched him on football focus with Gary McAllister remeniscing about their days at Leeds and he seemed in good shape. Whatever could have caused that?
Posted By: happybunnie Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 3:34pm
So sad. Rest in peace.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 4:12pm
When you see someone who appears to the outside world to be very successful, have a wonderful family and no money troubles I can't help wondering what could possibly have been so bad that would make him commit suicide? How dreadfully sad for his family and if only he had talked about whatever 'demons' were bothering him frown
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 4:42pm
I have just come back from the pub and when the Liverpool game held a minutes silence, so did everyone in the pub. Real nice.
Posted By: Wench Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 4:50pm
I'm stunned! I met him years ago when he played for Everton and he was such a nice guy, spoke to me for a while and signed my programmes. He was a cracking player.

RIP Gary. Thoughts are with his family & friends. NSNO.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 4:55pm
Me and Mr B, spent the afternoon with him at his local in Hawarden, watching the Everton game a few years back. Lovely man
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 5:11pm
Sad news. I remember watching his debut for Everton against Newcastle back in 1996. He had a great game. Think he scored too. We won 2-0. Alan Shearer made his debut for Newcastle in the same game. Didn't get a look in. Then, later in the season, he scored a hat-trick against Southampton in a 7-1 destruction. Good times.

What impresses me about him was his willingness to spend time with fans and sign autographs. A lot of players can't be arsed. But he could. And never slagged Everton off despite the controversy of the way he was forced out back in 1998. Hope Goodison give him a great cheer next Saturday.

Oh, and well done to the Kopites for the good cheer they gave him today.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 5:20pm
Thats whats so shocking,i've met him a few times,he often watched his son training for wrexham youth.Always came across as a true gent and family man, a great footballer and a promising manager for wales.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 6:33pm
Yes very sad and totally out of the blue,he was on TV yesterday afternoon.Just shows again that we have no idea really of what others are thinking or going through.I remember him well playing for Everton and like many others was gutted when he left , but that just proves also that supporters have no say in what goes on with transfer deals.
Posted By: rocks Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 6:50pm
not nice for his family just before xmas very sad news
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 7:23pm
not sure if its true or not and i wudnt like to speculate or start anything but there's rumour's flying round f.book that he may have been seeing an underage girl (15 if the rumours r correct) and it all may have just been about to come out. i know people make alot of things up but am still struggling to find a reason y he would take his own life ? :S things were going REALLY well for him.
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 10:28pm
So sad about Gary Speed R.I.P
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 27th Nov 2011 11:25pm
my eldest lads 1st game was Bradford at home in the cup , and although we got beat 3-2 , Speed scored a screamer with the last kick of the game, so he always was special in our house. Was also there to see his only hatrick in his career .... great player, great blue..sad day RIP
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 28th Nov 2011 10:18am
He made have played for the enermy ( Everton ) But was a good player of his time R.I.P GARY SPEED.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 28th Nov 2011 4:35pm
very sad news, a true gent and a true legend on and off the pitch.

suicide is a horrible tragedy, and needs to be made more aware to help people who are suffering in silence.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 28th Nov 2011 5:32pm
Yes very said indeed, yet another legend taken from the world of sport. RIP Gary, Thoughts are with his family & friends at this very said time..
Posted By: parkgater Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 12:25pm
You all want to get a grip,he killed himself at home,do you think those two young men will want to into that garage again? "COWARD"
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 12:32pm
Originally Posted by parkgater
You all want to get a grip,he killed himself at home,do you think those two young men will want to into that garage again? "COWARD"

I think that is a bit harsh, you have to be feeling really low to do something like that, and its a shame that people in that situation have to suffer in silence, he was a well liked person by all fans of football and was a true gentleman, on and off the pitch.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 12:35pm
Originally Posted by parkgater

I also agree, its such a cowardly thing to do, an he left his kids behind to suffer, people never think of the effect it will have afterwards, my dad committed suicide and no watter what other people think , there is always a solution. I think its the most selfish act anyone can commit
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 1:39pm
Lau, Parkgater, you're both talking total crap. We don't know the circumstances as to why he killed himself. You can call killing yourself many things but it certainly isn't cowardly. We only get one shot at this life so to cut it off so early is the biggest thing you can ever do.

Also, why hasn't Rickie Robbo's silly little post been deleted yet? Putting up totally unsubstantiated rumours from Facebook, especially ones alleging a serious crime, should be taken down a.s.a.p.
Posted By: parkgater Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 1:48pm
Like i said get a grip.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 1:50pm
of course its a cowards way out, no matter what your going through, its selfish to think oh sod it i am going to kill myself, your a cowardly wimp to do that,I have known people who have gone through hell and back but they have had families and kids an they would never put them through that,plus them rumors are not just on facebook either
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 1:52pm
plus killing yourself isnt one of the biggest things you will do in life, your making out its a big achievement, killing yourself is one of the most selfish things you will do in life
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 1:58pm
at the end of the day its a very sad incident for anybody to have to go through the aftermath of it.

I think that you have to be really in a bad place and people do need help, to know they have another option of help.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 2:05pm
I didn't say it was an achievement. I just said it's a huge thing to do. There are no more important events in your life than birth or death. And where are the substantiated links to these "rumours"?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 2:16pm
I think its totally wrong to put everyone who has committed suicide under the umbrella of being a coward. We have to take into account that persons mental instability at the time, a particular suffering person may not be able to comprehend an alternative. Recent events in history could lead anyone of accusing Hitler and his generals of being cowards, simply because they never had the guts of facing their accusers and yet the Japanese woman who threw themselves off the cliffs with their children in their hands as the Americans got closer to the mainland could be seen as brave, they were brainwashed into believing they were going to be multiply raped and their children were going to be eaten alive, so not everything is black and white.
Posted By: ResearcherTony Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 29th Nov 2011 2:18pm
Originally Posted by bert1
I think its totally wrong to put everyone who has committed suicide under the umbrella of being a coward. We have to take into account that persons mental instability at the time, a particular suffering person may not be able to comprehend an alternative. Recent events in history could lead anyone of accusing Hitler and his generals of being cowards, simply because they never had the guts of facing their accusers and yet the Japanese woman who threw themselves off the cliffs with their children in their hands as the Americans got closer to the mainland could be seen as brave, they were brainwashed into believing they were going to be multiply raped and their children were going to be eaten alive, so not everything is black and white.

withthat spot on bert
Posted By: Salmon Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 22nd Jan 2012 12:07am
I just came on this reply and I really do hope that those who say that taking one's own life is selfish never ever have to consider such an awful action. To make such comments is more selfish than any decision by a person contemplating suicide can possibly be imagined.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 22nd Jan 2012 12:10am
I guess your profile picture sums you up.Homer is fantastically funny but even he would baulk at saying that folk who take their own lives are cowards.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 22nd Jan 2012 12:11am
to lau 298
I guess your profile picture sums you up.Homer is fantastically funny but even he would baulk at saying that folk who take their own lives are cowards.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 22nd Jan 2012 12:58pm
Oh, did they arrest his wife and charge her with his murder?

Why not?

The did it to this poor bloke....

Clicky
Posted By: elder_kwai Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 22nd Jan 2012 2:43pm
Maybe it wasn't suicide. The press have been very quite about his death. My guess is was an accident, about 4 or 5 men a year accicently hang themselves. They put a noose around their necks and sometimes a plastic bags over their heads whilst they masurbate; sometimes the chair falls over or they fall off. As happend a few years ago to that singer in Australia. If that was the way he died you can understand nobody would be charged with murder and it is not suicide as such but accident. You should never be surprised by the things men do whilst alone.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Awfull sad news about Gary Speed. - 25th Jan 2012 1:20pm
Like this you mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristian_Digby#Death

© Wirral-Wikiwirral