Forums
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ot-dies-after-ejector-seat-accident.html
RIP Sean frown I wish I didn't have to be saying this to another Red this year!!
R.I.P.
Can't help wondering how he managed to bang out on the ground. RIP matey. Top Gun.
I thought that all ejector seats had been uprated to accommodate ground level ejection, perhaps he was fastened in the seat properly at this point in time.

Sad loss.
Very sad
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I thought that all ejector seats had been uprated to accommodate ground level ejection, perhaps he was fastened in the seat properly at this point in time.

Sad loss.

I guess you mean wasn't fastened in. Even if he was, I understand the parachute failed.

R.I.P.
terrible, terrible tragedy.
Originally Posted by yewgarth
terrible, terrible tragedy.
I know that is really sad ,tragedy seems to be happening a lot lately in all walks of life
Hawk T1 , ie red arrows are fitted with Martin Baker ejection sets. They are zero zero seats. which basically means you can used them at stationary on the ground. the seat being deployed automaticaly detonates the canapy, shaped charge.

to stop them going off there is two safety pins, one on the top, and one on the seat pan, When the canopy is closed the ground crew person ChECKS to see if pins are in storage positions. if pilot forgets then it a crate of beer to ground crew

As the hawk is a rwo seat trainer, there is a master over ride in the rear cockpit (where the instructor sits) the pins have to be removed to allow this to happen

It has been reported (source online - not mentioned here)the hawk fleet was recently grounded due to faults with the ejection seats.

RIP to pilot

Nomad
Tragic loss RIP
© Wirral-Wikiwirral