Forums
Posted By: Uffda Shocking Footage of Callous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 3:35pm
I know this is strictly international news but is so horrific that I think everyone should see it and be outraged. The CCTV shows a two year old girl in China is run over TWICE and eighteen people walk past her in the road.

Hopefully nothing like this would happen in the UK.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16091304
Posted By: AlexB Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 3:38pm
Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 4:31pm
Just speechless.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 4:36pm
I was wondering when this would reach this board.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 4:38pm
Quote....
If this world has any sort of justic Yueyue should be the clarion call for the end of the international community's pointed, polite ignorance of the moral bankruptcy of China for economic reasons. China is increasingly becoming a barbarian state, the Chinese view on life, both animal and human is disgusting. The government is brutal and cruel and the people increasingly cold, selfish and unfeeling, as those 18 soul-less monsters stand testament. As of today, as much as is conciously possible, I will not buy another Chinese product, and urge everyone else as disgusted with the plight of little Yueyue as I am to follow suit, money is the only language which will force the social reforms to run alongside the economic growth in China.
As for Sky showing the video, it is not an easy thing to watch, I like many other felt sick, but well done to Sky, THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE THIS, China has gone too long hiding behind cover ups, let the world see the horrible truth, its the only way
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Shocking Footage of Callous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 5:10pm
It's almost as bad as New Ferry! wink
Posted By: torryman Re: Shocking Footage of Callous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 5:25pm
I feel sick after watching that...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 6:00pm

There was one in Mexico where a fella ran over a bunch of school kids and their teacher because she refused to move them out of the road.

Needless to say he got life.

He said he did it after warning the teacher several times because he was late for work and extremely angry.
Posted By: Barham1989 Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 6:08pm
Literally cant believe that video fooking disgusting!
Posted By: Wheels Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 7:14pm
Didn't really need to be posted.. Saw it on liveleak and almost cried... I've seen all the bad gore ect on the net but this really got to me and I had to turn it off after the first person went passed. I think it's cos I have a 2year old girl. frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 10:17pm
As disgusted as I am with the reation of passers by, Im equally disgusted as to how it wasnt prevented, and how a 2 year old managed to stray from her parents in to a road.....
Posted By: AlexB Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 10:28pm
I've got loads of views having watched it but the saddest thought I had was that little girls aren't valued over there.

They represent the end of a family name. Families aren't even allowed to find out the sex of their child when pregnant for fears they will attempt to kill it.

This is all because they are allowed one baby only, a type of population control, and as I said a girl represents the end of a family name whereas a boy can carry it on.

Sad, either way.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 10:28pm
Originally Posted by Barham1989
Literally cant believe that video fooking disgusting!
withthat sick sick
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 11:14pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
As disgusted as I am with the reation of passers by, Im equally disgusted as to how it wasnt prevented, and how a 2 year old managed to stray from her parents in to a road.....

withthat

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 19th Oct 2011 11:18pm
Don't even want to watch it, it's bad enough reading it frown
Posted By: detsi Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 20th Oct 2011 6:13pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
Quote....
If this world has any sort of justic Yueyue should be the clarion call for the end of the international community's pointed, polite ignorance of the moral bankruptcy of China for economic reasons. China is increasingly becoming a barbarian state, the Chinese view on life, both animal and human is disgusting. The government is brutal and cruel and the people increasingly cold, selfish and unfeeling, as those 18 soul-less monsters stand testament. As of today, as much as is conciously possible, I will not buy another Chinese product, and urge everyone else as disgusted with the plight of little Yueyue as I am to follow suit, money is the only language which will force the social reforms to run alongside the economic growth in China.
As for Sky showing the video, it is not an easy thing to watch, I like many other felt sick, but well done to Sky, THE WORLD NEEDS TO SEE THIS, China has gone too long hiding behind cover ups, let the world see the horrible truth, its the only way

I agree with everything you say, Yewgath. It is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen but it has become almost impossible to buy anything that has not been made in China. An unfortunate fact.
Posted By: rocks Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 21st Oct 2011 8:16am
Originally Posted by AlexB
I've got loads of views having watched it but the saddest thought I had was that little girls aren't valued over there.

They represent the end of a family name. Families aren't even allowed to find out the sex of their child when pregnant for fears they will attempt to kill it.

This is all because they are allowed one baby only, a type of population control, and as I said a girl represents the end of a family name whereas a boy can carry it on.

Sad, either way.

thats only true in some parts of china, my uncles wife is from northern china and she has 8 brothers and sisters and theyve all had as many kids as they want even tho they are poor and theres very little work
as a race they can be very disconnected with their feelings/emotions regards some things and they believe in and follow word for word some old teachings and beliefs even tho they have access via the web to the modern world, so no doubt theres prob some old proverb to ease the conscience about walking past a dead child
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 21st Oct 2011 8:29am
Any first born females are not valued. If the family has a male first then anything else is treat the same as the first born.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 21st Oct 2011 1:33pm
I heard on the radio this morning that the toddler had now died of her injuries. Beyond words really.

It's an almost impossible thing to do these days, but like Yewgarth I'll "try" and avoid buying Chinese made stuff.

There's a lot more I'd like to say about this, but the Mod's would be down on me like a ton of Crispy Noodles !!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 21st Oct 2011 1:57pm
Sometimes just one person, either by deed or death can change an attitude or even the world.

On June 4th 1989 in China in and around Tiananmen Square hundreds, even thousands, no one actually knows ( or if they do they're not saying) were killed during a "peaceful" protest, and yet out of that we remember just one, the single figure in the white shirt who stood in front of the tanks as they rolled towards him, and it is this figure that the world most associated with and will ever remember.

If Yueyue has now died then let us hope that her death has not been in vain, let us all remember a nation for whom a life, a child's life, has become so worthless that she was treated like road kill, let China hang it's head in shame to the rest of the world and know that it is wrong.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 22nd Oct 2011 4:46pm
Better hadn't buy anything made in America either, zomg.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-York-street-ignored-25-pedestrians.html
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 22nd Oct 2011 5:49pm
Given Britain's record of bloodshed around the world I think we should be careful about calling for boycotts agasinst other nations.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 22nd Oct 2011 6:12pm
It's protect the children syndrome, makes even the most rational people come up with silly ideas.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 22nd Oct 2011 6:27pm
I'd say rationality and reason is in short supply in this world when you look at our economic systems and attitude to climate change. You know, the really big problems.

Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 22nd Oct 2011 7:57pm
I cannot believe that any human can just walk past and not be horrified. What a calous society the Chinese are! I feel sick.
Posted By: kittykat Re: Shocking Footage of Calous Passers By - 24th Oct 2011 9:43pm
Does this boycott of anthing Chinese include Chinese restaurants and takeaways I wonder.....I would like to hope so but sadly fear not.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral