Forums
Posted By: detsi Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:03am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14669209

Parents must take some responsibility.
Kids never used to be driven to school or driven to their friends' houses, they walked.
Kids never used to be stuck in their bedrooms playing computer games, they played out.
Kids were never fed junk food because their parents were too lazy to prepare a meal, all mums could cook.
No wonder there are so many fat kids.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:05am
teachers should be allowed to thrash the kids in school, correctional PT as well, that would soon burn off several calories
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:16am
People are getting lazier.

Simple.

In parents defense, they can't let their kids just wander around to their friends house anymore, because of the murderers and speeding cars wanting to kill them...

There's no excuse for being fat, I realised that and went from fat to thin in 6 months.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:17am
true dave, also lads should not wear fake diamond ear studs in both ears.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:19am
popcorn interesting thread!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:35am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

how else would they show themselves as wiral ghetto home boys
Posted By: Wench Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:41am
Originally Posted by dave_h
Originally Posted by Sanchez

how else would they show themselves as wiral ghetto home boys

How about their uniform - black highly flammable tracksuit with the bottoms tucked into black socks with black trainers, hand down the front of them to check that their small cocks are still there and the obligatory "walk like they've shat themselves".
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 10:54am
ive seen an evolution to 2 hands now down the tracksuit pants.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 11:09am
People shouldn't be allowed to give their Birkenhead born and bred kids made up names that sound exotic (Kai, Kia, etc),
Parents should lose a finger everytime they swear in front of their kids (swearing only allowed when mind lost because of barstard feral kids),
Parents who let their kids drop litter (Sayers bags, McDonalds Coke cups, McDonalds Big Mac boxes, Snickers wrappers) should have it pushed up their arseholes,
Parents who have added their kids as friends on Faecesbook and talk LYK DIS ABUT ALL DE SKUNK I FKN SMKED LASS NITE should have the computer keyboard smashed over their heads until all the buttons have ejected.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 11:17am
any c*nt who drops litter should be thrashed to within an inch of their life including perce. not hard to get a grip of kids, some parents cant be arsed doing that too much like hard work plus its easier to let them do what they want to do. as for names im not too fond of star
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 11:37am
oldman

Makes me laugh when I see fat people on mobility scooters. Wouldn't have obese issues if they got off their lazy arses. They whizz round supermarkets like they are Jenson Button with a heap of junk food on the front basket...
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 11:39am
i seen one woman at chester zoo on a scooter, mega fat, ciggie in her mouth smashing a plate of nachos, was more interesting than the animals to watch
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 12:56pm
Eating too much is a disease.
confused
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 3:04pm
Originally Posted by Littlebear
confused

along with picking your nose too much, just cant be helped
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 4:37pm
Originally Posted by Nobody

In parents defense, they can't let their kids just wander around to their friends house anymore, because of the murderers and speeding cars wanting to kill them...

To be fair, I don't think the amount of children killed by strangers has changed since the 1950s. Most children are killed by people they know ie family members, family friends etc. I agree about speeding cars though.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 4:40pm
Originally Posted by Wench

How about their uniform - black highly flammable tracksuit with the bottoms tucked into black socks with black trainers, hand down the front of them to check that their small cocks are still there and the obligatory "walk like they've shat themselves".

It's so depressing. There's no individuality amongst these wannabe hard guys. They all dress the same, talk the same, have the same haircut. Just like little sheep not wanting to stand out from their sad little crowd.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 4:48pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone

It's so depressing. There's no individuality amongst these wannabe hard guys. They all dress the same, talk the same, have the same haircut. Just like little sheep not wanting to stand out from their sad little crowd.

It's about the only sensible thing they do, who would want to stand out from the crowd when you're up to no good, especially when there might be a witness.

Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 4:51pm
Originally Posted by Silverback

It's about the only sensible thing they do, who would want to stand out from the crowd when you're up to no good, especially when there might be a witness.

cam and conceal
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 5:14pm
i'm fat but its glandular!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 5:16pm
I'm fat but I have to be to keep my job!
'Never trust a skinny cook!'
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 6:25pm
operational requirement is it
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 6:31pm
You bet,that's my exuse and i'm sticking to it!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 6:36pm
roger that
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 26th Aug 2011 8:37pm
I'm slim but my body fat isn't too good. It's not just about weight but other things like body fat too. Too many fat fookers about though! Buy a book on nutrition, cook more meals yourselves and get to the gym. Only £28 for unlimited swimming, exercises classes and gyms at Council Leisure Centres. No excuses!!
Posted By: Handbag Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:03am
I watched a program on BBC2 this week called 'The Nine Months'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013ywz4

It is new scientific research into how the nutrition that we recieve in the womb during pregnancy can affect our long term health as adults. I found it a really interesting program the fact that people with low birth weights and had mothers who had poor nutrition during pregnancy went on to be more at risk of obesity, heart disease, diabetes etc.

While I found it interesting research I dont think that we are let off the hook.... there are many parents that live near me that simply do not take their children out and about, their kids are either in the house all day or playing in front of the house... they very often use the excuse that they cannot afford to take their children out and that 'everything costs money' what is wrong with making up a packet of sandwhiches and a bottle of juice and walking to the park like I did with mine? The beach and New Brighton promenade are only 5 minutes away from where we live. People just cannot be bothered anymore and we risk breeding a generation of lazy children who will continue the cycle.

There are I believe other factors involved

The food manufacturers are also to blame, the foods that are cheap and readily availible and many 'convenience food items' are nearly always high in fat, salt and sugar, supermarkets are also partly responsible as most of their special offers and promotions are for treat foods biscuits and cakes etc.

Fast food chains like McDonalds which make unhealthy eating cheap...

Schools are at fault too as they are not teaching our children how to cook properly... My son came hokme from school and told me how he had been 'taught to make a sandwhich'!!How many young mothers do we all know that are unable to cook a meal from scratch?

There are some very complicated issues which are contributing to the problem of obesity.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:15am
Think it's disgusting that anyone thinks they have the right to come on here & talk about fat people, exactly what do you define as fat?
I'm 5'7 & weigh about 13 stone, I can eat as much as I want & never really seem to put much weight on. Why can't people just live there own lives & leave others to live theirs.
Try joining the happy gang.
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:22am
Being big isnt eating to much,
The cause could be a gland problem or illness.
On the other hand i used to be a size 22 now down to a size 14!
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:24am
With you on that Becky, too many people think that fat people are fat cause they eat too much, there may be some yeh, but you should never assume & label someone when you just don't know the facts.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:24am
Well Done Becky!
Posted By: LippyBitch Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:27am
Go Becky!! Live and let live I say.
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:28am
Originally Posted by Spannerhead
With you on that Becky, too many people think that fat people are fat cause they eat too much, there may be some yeh, but you should never assume & label someone when you just don't know the facts.
That is true spannerhead you are very nice,i mean kind hearted dont get the wrong idea!
Posted By: Wench Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:37am
confused

Only if it's Prader-Willi Syndrome. Otherwise, it's just pure greed, eating too much of the wrong foods or laziness.

confused

along with picking your nose too much, just cant be helped

Mucophagy or picking your nose & eating it has been shown to increase intelligence in a study in Austria raftl

I'm slim but my body fat isn't too good. It's not just about weight but other things like body fat too. Too many fat fookers about though! Buy a book on nutrition, cook more meals yourselves and get to the gym. Only £28 for unlimited swimming, exercises classes and gyms at Council Leisure Centres. No excuses!!

There are excuses I'm afraid. I've put on 2 stone in 19mths. I eat a very healthy diet (not a fan of chocolate or sweets so I'm lucky - waft cheese under my nose though and I'm all over it) and cook my meals from scratch. As for the gym comment - no way I can. I don't have £28 spare a month, plus the money to get there. The council leisure centres don't really cater for me, apart from 1hr on a Thursday at the Oval (I live in New Brighton). By the time I've "walked" to the bus stop (45 mins), got the bus (approx 45 mins), walked from the bus stop to the Oval itself (probably another 30 mins), I'd be in far too much pain to even contemplate swimming, plus the fact I can't bend or fully straighten the leg anyway. Then there's the 2hr journey back home. I'd be a mess and end up in hospital.

I do agree that there is a cut off point. I look at some people and think "how do you let yourself get to that stage". It's not like you wake up one morning 20+ stone. The weight I've put on, I've literally noticed every single pound. I have to accept that until they "fix" me, this is how it is going to be, but once they do, I will shake it all off in a quarter of the time it's taken to put on. I became determined not to put any more on when I had to go up a dress size - I'm not going up another one!!

Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:37am
Thanks Becky, don't worry I won't get the wrong idea, lol.
Posted By: detsi Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 1:26pm
Obviously it's your own life to live, but if you are content to accept the following keep scoffing those huge bags of crisps and the 2 ltr bottles of Coke.

difficulties breathing
difficulties walking or running
increased sweating
pain in the knees and back
skin conditions such as acne
gallstones.

The following medical conditions are also more common in obese people than in those of normal weight:

high blood pressure
high cholesterol
diseases related to hardening of the arteries such as heart attack and stroke (cardiovascular disease).
type 2 diabetes
some types of cancer.

These conditions are often known as obesity-related diseases and are some of the most common causes of death before the age of 75. This is why obesity increases your risk of mortality.
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 1:30pm
Originally Posted by detsi
Obviously it's your own life to live, but if you are content to accept the following keep scoffing those huge bags of crisps and the 2 ltr bottles of Coke.

difficulties breathing
difficulties walking or running
increased sweating
pain in the knees and back
skin conditions such as acne
gallstones.

The following medical conditions are also more common in obese people than in those of normal weight:

high blood pressure
high cholesterol
diseases related to hardening of the arteries such as heart attack and stroke (cardiovascular disease).
type 2 diabetes
some types of cancer.

These conditions are often known as obesity-related diseases and are some of the most common causes of death before the age of 75. This is why obesity increases your risk of mortality.
Yes agree but drinking and smoking can cause this also,am i right!
Posted By: Handbag Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 1:41pm
Originally Posted by Spannerhead
Think it's disgusting that anyone thinks they have the right to come on here & talk about fat people, exactly what do you define as fat?
I'm 5'7 & weigh about 13 stone, I can eat as much as I want & never really seem to put much weight on. Why can't people just live there own lives & leave others to live theirs.
Try joining the happy gang.

I'm a size 14 myself Spannerhead, I have to really be careful what I eat and try and watch my weight.
I'm certainly not critisizing anyone for weight/obesity issues, people who live in glass houses etc...
What I am trying to say is that there are many causes for people having weight problems and a misconception that it is overeating..when there are many causes and its very often the case that there are circumstances beyond a persons control.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 1:56pm
Can I just say I think it's complete bollocks that what you eat causes you to be big.
I eat a LOT of crap and fatty foods yet I never put any weight on.
I do smoke though but that never subsidises my food.
I eat a lot.
Posted By: detsi Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 5:03pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Can I just say I think it's complete bollocks that what you eat causes you to be big.
I eat a lot.

Sorry Ste, I cannot agree. I believe that the vast majority of obese people will lose weight if they embark on a low fat, low sugar diet and exercise.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 6:20pm

There are excuses I'm afraid. I've put on 2 stone in 19mths. I eat a very healthy diet (not a fan of chocolate or sweets so I'm lucky - waft cheese under my nose though and I'm all over it) and cook my meals from scratch. As for the gym comment - no way I can. I don't have £28 spare a month, plus the money to get there. The council leisure centres don't really cater for me, apart from 1hr on a Thursday at the Oval (I live in New Brighton). By the time I've "walked" to the bus stop (45 mins), got the bus (approx 45 mins), walked from the bus stop to the Oval itself (probably another 30 mins), I'd be in far too much pain to even contemplate swimming, plus the fact I can't bend or fully straighten the leg anyway. Then there's the 2hr journey back home. I'd be a mess and end up in hospital.

I do agree that there is a cut off point. I look at some people and think "how do you let yourself get to that stage". It's not like you wake up one morning 20+ stone. The weight I've put on, I've literally noticed every single pound. I have to accept that until they "fix" me, this is how it is going to be, but once they do, I will shake it all off in a quarter of the time it's taken to put on. I became determined not to put any more on when I had to go up a dress size - I'm not going up another one!!

To be fair you make some good points there. I did oversimplify it quite a bit. A lot of the obesity is down to lazy lifestyles but not all. My Mum is heavily disabled and has put on a weight due to her inability to walk. There are some disabled exercise and swimming classes at Leasowe Recreation Centre but she's very self-concious about going.

In your case Wench, are there any classes at Guinea Gap that might suit you? A 411 bus from New Brighton only takes 5 minutes to Guinea Gap. The NHS may even pay for your leisure centre membership.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 6:24pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
I eat a lot.

You may not put much weight on. Neither do I but my body fat is relatively high. Maybe you should get yours checked if you don't already. You may have lots of fat around your internal organs that you can't see from the outside but can be a silent timebomb. Or maybe you're just a lucky sod! wink
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 6:40pm
Obesity increases your risk of mortality I think all this is true. when you see people on the telly who are a hundred plus they are all slim/skinny.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 6:41pm
I've got a feeling there's a "class" element involved. In my town, we have three major supermarkets which I visit. The one in the "poshest" area is Sainsbury's; the next is Tesco's & the one in the poorest area is Morrison's. The one where I see the fewest fat people is Sainsbury's, the one with the most is Morrison's And Tesco's is somewhere in between. I see fat people in all of them but the number in Morrison's is scary.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 6:52pm
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
Obesity increases your risk of mortality I think all this is true. when you see people on the telly who are a hundred plus they are all slim/skinny.

Japan has the lowest rates of cancer in the developed world. This is despite the high levels of smoking among men. Japanese people, especially older people, eats lots of fish and vegetables. British people don't. The Japanese are far slimmer than us. Walk round any Japanese town and most of the people you see are slim. Walk around Birkenhead or Liscard and it's mostly overweight people.
In Okinawa [southermost Japan] they have the highest concentration on over 100 year olds in the world. Okinawans eat around 30 portions of fruit and veg a day!
We'd have a lot less fat people in this country if our diet was closer to the Japanese.
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 8:12pm
Northern Chinese are six footers and have a sense of humour. I would not class them as your typical Chinese. If you went to the aluminium producing areas in Japan you will find many deformities because of the fish and fruit diet, aluminium dust and wash off. I would not class them as typical Japanese.When I see a person who is overweight walking about town I do not class them as a typical Brit.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 10:17pm
I think the key is to be balanced if you eat rubbish like a kebab after being on the lash eat something healthy the next day and exercise to pay for the booze
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 10:24pm
I know in China fruit and veg is cheap and things like chocolate are more expensive. I had a friend in uni who moved from China and said she put on loads of weight at first because she couldn't afford to eat like she would at home, cos our veg costs so much but crap is cheap tease
Posted By: Helles Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 10:31pm
Originally Posted by Becky02
Being big isnt eating to much,

There were no fat people in concentration camps. I rest my case!
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:01pm
[youtube]WwMbJ68IbAM[/youtube]
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:03pm
Originally Posted by Helles
[quote=Becky02]Being big isnt eating to much,

quote]

You can eat loads if you eat the right stuff.

I too was size22 and now size14 but now creeping up as eating a few naughty things.

Had no incentive to loose weight but it was so hard to get clothes to fit,my daughter was getting married and also I had booked an intensive holiday and needed to be like a mountain goat.

I went to Slimmers World in Moreton and did the Extra Easy eating plan and lost with no effort between 1lb and 3lb a week and still able to have the odd treat.

Will go back eating sensibly and will steadily loose a stone after Christmas, before I go away on another long-haul trip which is booked.
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:05pm
This woman is happy being fat.

[youtube]uJapPSoB4N8[/youtube]
Posted By: Hoof_Hearted Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:10pm
RE: the video - that's tantamount to child abuse! It doesn't happen overnight so why didn't the parents stop feeding her shit? If they didn't feed her, there would have been a whole host of agencies get involved so why should it be different the other way round?

The other video - that's just rank. I think I read somewhere about a woman in this country that is about the same weight and intends to reach a ton or something similar. I know we're all going to die anyway, but why would anyone want to be that big? All this feeder crap makes my blood boil.
Posted By: Wench Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:12pm
WTF!?! That child is bad. That's child abuse surely. I tried Slimming world but can't eat the amount you have to so it's not worked. I don't eat 3 meals a day because I can't eat if I'm not hungry.

As for the woman in the States - just why!?!
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:30pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
Originally Posted by Helles
[quote=Becky02]Being big isnt eating to much,

quote]

You can eat loads if you eat the right stuff.

I too was size22 and now size14 but now creeping up as eating a few naughty things.

Had no incentive to loose weight but it was so hard to get clothes to fit,my daughter was getting married and also I had booked an intensive holiday and needed to be like a mountain goat.

I went to Slimmers World in Moreton and did the Extra Easy eating plan and lost with no effort between 1lb and 3lb a week and still able to have the odd treat.

Will go back eating sensibly and will steadily loose a stone after Christmas, before I go away on another long-haul trip which is booked.
well done i bet you are well pleased you lost the weight!!
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Obesity - 27th Aug 2011 11:35pm
Sorry but that woman does not deserve to have children, they should be taken away and given a nice life - not because she is fat but because she is TRYING to get bigger and destroying herself for fame - disgusting attention seeking bitch!!!

Her children deserve a better life than wiping her arse and helping her go shopping for her suicidal dinners - hopefully someone will step in and take the children out of this awful situation
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 11:35am
[/quote]well done i bet you are well pleased you lost the weight!![/quote]

Yes Becky, I had more energy and went to a size12. This did not suit me as it made my face too gaunt and I like to have curves with a bit of meat on me. When size I2 I felt too cold in the winter as I had lost my protective body fat.

It was lovely at size14 to look ok on my daughter's wedding photos, and being slimmer gave me more confidence.

The only drawback was that men came out of the woodwork, and I had a stalker at work younger than my children.
I had decided after my divorce not to bother with men again, was a bit depressed, and so was not too bothered about my weight.
A year ago I bumped into an old friend, and I enjoy his company, so now enjoying life.
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 11:43am
well Happy for you Paxvobiscum,
I agree it does give you more confidence am happy for you!
I will look at my woodwork later! laugh
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 1:18pm
What a comment, skinny people get sick just like fat people, shes convinveing herself that her weight isnt a problem.

13000 calories aday, I did 6000 in the artic but feck me eating twice that much – how is that possible

squashing lol

as for the plane she’d need a Hercules to transport her

I think 6 months at lymstone would sort her, she’d go home like a twig
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 1:21pm
poor little girl, anyone know how she is getting on
Posted By: Wench Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 1:49pm
What a comment, skinny people get sick just like fat people, shes convinveing herself that her weight isnt a problem.

13000 calories aday, I did 6000 in the artic but feck me eating twice that much – how is that possible

squashing lol

as for the plane she’d need a Hercules to transport her

I think 6 months at lymstone would sort her, she’d go home like a twig

Yes Yes to the Herc to transport me to Lymstone please raftl Perving alone would make me drop the 2 stone without any PT devil
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 3:21pm
set up your deck chair on the bottom field, or take the train lol
Posted By: Wench Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 3:40pm
Can I not have a Chinook pick me up instead? I'll take my own chair & tent and even do GSK a the end of every day!
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 7:57pm
Quote from Becky:well done i bet you are well pleased you lost the weight!

I like your 'woodwork' comment! smile
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 9:49pm
Originally Posted by paxvobiscum
Quote from Becky:well done i bet you are well pleased you lost the weight!

I like your 'woodwork' comment! smile
Lol we both have something in common from a size 22 to a size 14 i say well done to the 2 off us!x
Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 11:46pm
whats gsk?, the train i meant is a good way of seeing, when the lads are getting thrashed by the pti's on the bottom field, always used to make us wave to the train
Posted By: Becky02 Re: Obesity - 28th Aug 2011 11:48pm
whats gsk?, the train i meant is a good way of seeing, when the lads are getting thrashed by the pti's on the bottom field, always used to make us wave to the train
dunno
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Obesity - 29th Aug 2011 6:48am
in America parents have been arrested for letting thier children become obese...and charged with child abuse...

also someone who is thin can actually have a high body fat mass and also be more unfit than the larger person..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Obesity - 29th Aug 2011 7:12am
Glands haha.

No you're fat because you eat too much and don't exercise enough.

Posted By: dave_h Re: Obesity - 29th Aug 2011 4:46pm
Originally Posted by Becky02
dunno

was for wench, she would get it - too hard to explain
© Wirral-Wikiwirral