Forums

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has resigned following the phone hacking scandal.

Britain's most senior police officer said he had no knowledge of the extent of the practice and his integrity was "completely intact".

Sir Paul has faced criticism for hiring former News of the World executive Neil Wallis - who was questioned by police investigating hacking - as an adviser.

He said his links to the journalist could hamper current investigations.

Sir Paul said in a statement: "I have taken this decision as a consequence of the ongoing speculation and accusations relating to the Met's links with News International at a senior level and in particular in relation to Mr Neil Wallis."

He added: "Let me state clearly, I and the people who know me know that my integrity is completely intact.

"I may wish we had done some things differently, but I will not lose sleep over my personal integrity."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14180043

They're running like lemmings just now
I think the reason the police have been so weary of investigating phone hacking is because they have been hacking phones themselves!
good ridence to bad rubbish, as for the notw and the ... 22 years to late justice for the 96
Another leaving early to avoid bollocking.
A police commissioner doesn't just resigns cos he 'knows' or 'hired' someone and then starts demanding his integrity is intact!!!! [Linked Image]

why you resigning then?

theres a distictive smell of [Linked Image] in his wake.

[Linked Image]
sharks are closing in then?
Indeed snikas yes
wonder what his payoff - golden handshake pension will be now
He's resigned to protect his pension alright, crafty git. They still don't get what it is about though, big salary and still needs to get freebies from the power brokers. It's all about Murdoch getting place men (sleepers) into every nook and cranny of powerdom and these upper class, clever, numpties think it is ok because the rules are there for us to obey, not them. When I went for a security job I was checked over good style, all my friends were interviewed, parents, the lot. I had to admit all past misdemeanors so that nothing could be used to compromise me in the future, I'd been naughty but they knew about it. It is all about putting yourself in a compromising position. Murdoch's crowd were feeding information from their high powered cronies to their bosses, it's what secret agents do. The thing to do then is create confusion, including lies, to the investigation so as to create an impenetrable maze and they get away with it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral