Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Elderly woman fends off man trying to rob off-lice - 30th Jun 2011 5:29pm
SOURCE

.....Elderly woman fends off man trying to rob off-licence

CCTV footage of a woman fighting off a knife-wielding robber behind the counter of an off-licence has emerged online.

According to 55-year-old victim Eve Watson, a hooded-intruder entered the shop, brandished a knife and demanded cash from the till.

During the video, quick-thinking Mrs Watson can be seen struggling to pull down the thief’s hood to expose his identity to the camera.

The adamant mother-of-two can also be seen trying to grab the man’s arms to stop him from getting into the cash register, before he eventually gives up and runs away.

Her Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cane reportedly joined in with the confrontation too - biting the robber in the groin three times.

Devon and Cornwall police confirmed the attempted robbery which happened at around 1pm on Saturday at the Bargain Booze store in Torquay.

Speaking with Yahoo! News today, Mrs Watson refused to talk about the incident, but was disappointed with the media coverage so far, saying: “I’m fed up with the media calling me a granny, it’s p****** me off.”

She told SWNS, which describe her as a granny: “Cane was jumping up and down and bit him at least three times in the crotch. I don’t think he drew blood but the attacker leapt over the counter and ran off.”

“My husband was a bit cross with me when he found out as he said we are insured and that nothing was worth putting ourselves in danger for. But I’d always said if someone tried to break in here they would get a bit of a shock as I don’t take intrusions lightly.”

Police have said that no arrests have been made so far.
55 is hardly elderly!
Well said Rude,oh and by the way I am under 55!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Elderly woman fends off man trying to rob off-lice - 1st Jul 2011 9:19am
My Mum would hit the roof with that haha.
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
55 is hardly elderly!

Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Well said Rude,oh and by the way I am under 55!

Originally Posted by Nobody
My Mum would hit the roof with that haha.

Lets take a look at the video 1st eh?

Then decide why the media are calling her elderly raftl

[youtube]ScK4BaXHOsY[/youtube]
They must have the age wrong!
Love the way she straightens her clothes and appears to carry on as usual.
I think that her age is a chronological inexactitude.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Elderly woman fends off man trying to rob off-lice - 2nd Jul 2011 1:11pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate

Love the way she straightens her clothes and appears to carry on as usual.

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral