Forums
Posted By: MattLFC 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 2nd Jun 2011 10:40am
Originally Posted by BBC News
The Queen will begin her Diamond Jubilee celebrations on 2 June next year by attending the Epsom Derby, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The 60th anniversary celebrations will be held over four days.

A flotilla of up to 1,000 boats will sail along the Thames with the Queen on the Royal Barge on 3 June.

People will also be encouraged to share Sunday lunch with neighbours and friends, and a BBC concert will be held at the palace on 4 June.

Tickets will be available by public ballot later. The concert will be televised, but the line-up of performers has yet to be announced.

The government has designated Tuesday 5 June a bank holiday for the jubilee, while the late May bank holiday has been moved to Monday 4 June, to enable a four-day weekend of events.

BBC News Report
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 2nd Jun 2011 10:46am
4 days off. Thanks Queen.
Posted By: A_L_K Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 2nd Jun 2011 11:38am
I got rather excited, then realised its next year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 2nd Jun 2011 9:21pm
Best not plan anything - just in case she pops her clogs in the meantime...
Posted By: Tatey Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 3rd Jun 2011 6:21am
Oh Paul! please desist, then we would get Charlie!!!
Posted By: Helles Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 3rd Jun 2011 6:02pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Best not plan anything - just in case she pops her clogs in the meantime...

No, mummy set the precedence, queenie will live to be well over a century. The duke on the other hand.........

It's three days really as they have nicked May day. Nice to be off for my birthday again. mind you it is Sunday and I would have been off anyway but at least can have a drink providing I haven't popped my clogs or that guy in the states finally gets it right and the world does end in October.
Posted By: bert1 Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 3rd Jun 2011 6:36pm
She may well live to a hundred, but only if she cuts back on all the cooking, ironing and hoovering.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: 4-Day Weekend Announced For Queens Jubilee - 4th Jun 2011 1:42am
hhhmmmmmmm sounds good to me,, only work monday to thursday myself so finish thursday and have 5 days off,, go back to work on wednesday for 2 days and then have 3 days off again,,, RESULT
© Wirral-Wikiwirral