Forums
Posted By: Helles Winter fuel payments cut - 25th Mar 2011 8:01pm
Sneaky, sneaky Chancellor in his budget cut the winter fuel allowance but failed to mention it in his budget.

So not only can the greedy power companies more or less charge what they like without any government intervention, now the elderly lose out on part of their safety net.

Heartless but I expect nothing else from that lot and still the bankers laugh all the way to the ....er bank!

SOURCE
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 25th Mar 2011 8:05pm
absolutely disgusting of the government to do this....but whilst on the subject think winter fuel payments should be spent on FUEL, alot of pensioners spend it on Xmas presents and then cut back on fuel at the most vulnerable time, so sad how choices have to be made frown
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 25th Mar 2011 8:17pm
How much are they cutting off the allowance?
barstewards!
Posted By: kermit Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 25th Mar 2011 8:31pm
Its seems to me thats its the elderly are loosing out on a hell of a lot with this government.There will be a lot more safe guarding issues,with no workers to deal it them.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 25th Mar 2011 8:34pm
Originally Posted by kermit
Its seems to me thats its the elderly are loosing out on a hell of a lot with this government.There will be a lot more safe guarding issues,with no workers to deal it them.

frown
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:12am
To be honest I'd just be happy if they stopped taxing my second pension, it's not huge and I am well below the average earnings level but I still have a missus to look after and a house to upkeep but am treated like some sort of leper and then read about illegal immigrants being paid to live in 1/4 million pound houses whilst stripping the benefits system of thousands more and not paying the rent to boot. What made me think it was a good idea to work for 50 years? I can't figure it out.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:17am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
To be honest I'd just be happy if they stopped taxing my second pension, it's not huge and I am well below the average earnings level but I still have a missus to look after and a house to upkeep but am treated like some sort of leper and then read about illegal immigrants being paid to live in 1/4 million pound houses whilst stripping the benefits system of thousands more and not paying the rent to boot. What made me think it was a good idea to work for 50 years? I can't figure it out.

Reading your dispotion really winds me up bud. I too cant believe the way you and others alike have worked, fought and stood for this contry. I would have thought the least they could do is not tax you on your pension. Joke.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 12:08pm
It now seems the less you work the better off you are.

Pensioners who have worked all their life should be tax exempt!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 3:29pm
Originally Posted by poodlepup
It now seems the less you work the better off you are.

Pensioners who have worked all their life should be tax exempt!

In total agrement!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:21pm
OMG! nono What are my parents going to use to buy christmas presents with now????
Posted By: Hoof_Hearted Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:42pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
absolutely disgusting of the government to do this....but whilst on the subject think winter fuel payments should be spent on FUEL, alot of pensioners spend it on Xmas presents and then cut back on fuel at the most vulnerable time, so sad how choices have to be made frown

They can't all be that bad off considering the number that I see in M&S food court!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:43pm
Don't get me started on pensioners in M&S food hall - you can't move for tripping over one of them with one of those stupidly small and pointless trollies!!!
Posted By: Hoof_Hearted Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:46pm
At last - someone that agrees with me. They make me laugh because they sit and moan about the cost of living and how their pension is being stretched to the limit. Don't shop at M&S then for fooks sake!!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:48pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
OMG! nono What are my parents going to use to buy christmas presents with now????

No Miss G , they're only reducing it so you'll still get you're pressie they'll just have to put some of it on their credit card wink
Posted By: sockbag Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:49pm
can'tblame them though. M and S food is gooood. smile
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 26th Mar 2011 10:50pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by MissGuided

No Miss G , they're only reducing it so you'll still get you're pressie they'll just have to put some of it on their credit card wink

Thank God for that!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 28th Mar 2011 9:45am
Originally Posted by Hoof_Hearted
At last - someone that agrees with me. They make me laugh because they sit and moan about the cost of living and how their pension is being stretched to the limit. Don't shop at M&S then for fooks sake!!

Quite agree, we can't have pensioners going around eating well, what's the world coming to. They should hang their heads in shame and eat the same crap as the youngsters from prepack meals and takeaways.

Pillocks!
Posted By: starakita Re: Winter fuel payments cut - 28th Mar 2011 10:02am
its not just fuel payments, child benefit is frozen for three years
© Wirral-Wikiwirral