Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 10:04am
Gutted, just found out that everyone in my old work place is on the chopping block. We trained Airmen Aircrew for Nimrods and all the courses have been stopped. This is what happens when a whole country lives on the knock.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 11:08am
For it to stay in news we Need a Link please bud.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 11:17am
Links ....

CLICKY 1
CLICKY 2
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 3:08pm
So are they scrapping the mra4? I worked on these converting them from the mr2 to the mra4. They were actually a bag if crap to work on. Worked about 6 different aircraft and not one the same or to drawings. They should of scrapped them years ago and built brand new
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 3:16pm
Correct Wiggi, no one figured out that the old Comets were built individually and a jig for the wings wouldn't fit all the air frames (you will know this but some of our readers won't). The first one was good but after that it was all tits up. Having sorted it though it seems daft to throw them away and leave us with no cover. The aircrew themselves were looking forward to using them, excellent suites in the back.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: SDR Repercussions - 15th Feb 2011 3:30pm
I know madness isnt it.I learned so much working on these along with a lot of other lads. We'll have nothing left to defend ourselves with soon if anything ever happens they'll prob ask us to make some airbus planes with no windows for machine guns!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral