Forums
Posted By: endoxr4x4 uk's youngest grandad - 25th Jan 2011 10:35pm
don't it make you proud to be british. yer i don't think so.
Snippet from the sun newspaper about him.
this country is so annoying when this is what they are proud of so much for the world champion's of any sport we have youngest grandad oh great

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3369623/It-is-quite-mad-that-Im-a-grandad.html
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: uk's youngest grandad - 25th Jan 2011 10:41pm
These are hard times you know
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 25th Jan 2011 11:00pm
hard times tell me about it as i was working for myself and popped a disc in my back and got told that i wouldn't get any sick pay as i had a partner so she has had to keep me as she earns more than £102.75 a week which goverment says we can live on yer right pay rent and get food etc on that and go to work.and they now stopped paying the ni contributions and made me sign on even though i was signed off for a further 2 months but at the moment i have had to go on the dole as can't return to my work so now i lost my business and struggling and got to find another type of work to do as can't go back to the building trade or go back to working with cars on doctor's advice as he said if it goes again when doing the work i was i wouldn't be walking as it's taken me 5 months to able to walk without a walking stick and finally got behind a wheel just after xmas so i can drive short distance now.
I have worked since i was 16 and turn 40 this year so i think i deserve more from the social than what i have had and appealing their descision's can take 9 months i want to be able to work soon just got to see a diasbility adviser as now got limited work capabilities
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: uk's youngest grandad - 25th Jan 2011 11:25pm
I am sorry to hear of your plight.I am lucky in as much as I have been in work all my life and am now retired. Who is to say I wont get similar treatment in my old age. My wage packet was raped each week for over forty years, and now I am a liability.
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:32am
Here we have yet another media article thats suggesting we can only question the moral attitude of a fourteen year old girl getting pregnant because her father is a dole scrounger.
Why is there a need to even mention the father is unemployed, are they suggesting once again, if the child was from a working family who can financially support her, that would be ok. It goes on to say, the grandfather to be is pleased and happy for his daughter, most people would think a strange statement to make, considering her age, but is he not allowed to hold those views because he's a dole scrounger.
The article goes on to say, the mother who works in a cafe has a flat screen TV and a blackberry, does this now mean, anyone in a low paid job is not allowed to own a few little luxuries, is the article suggesting that as soon as one becomes unemployed or takes on a low paid job these articles have to go or can't be bought.
Whats annoying to me is, if they want to have a go at dole scroungers, thats fine, if they want to question the rights and wrongs of a fourteen year old girl getting pregnant, thats fine, but whats the pregnancy of a fourteen year old girl got to do with someones employment status. Maybe i have it completely wrong and it doesn't happen to well paid high earning families.
Posted By: Teardrop Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:03am
Bert you've nailed it on the head, I'm waiting for them to say swine flu is down to people on the dole,
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:52am
sorry i wouldnt even read the website....because its from the sun....how anyone can even wipe their backside this paper let alone read it is beyond me....and i am an evertonian...

endor this is what happens when you work hard and you get repaid nothing...

bert as always you are right
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:22am
How come anyone who is trying to claim benefit can afford all the latest gizmos, blackberry, flat screen tele etc.? If you are broke you have the basics, or at least I always did, then as work improved your lot you bought stuff and even then, because you'd worked for it, you was usually a bit careful how you spent it. I just don't get it. Like I said before, provide what they need not what they want. Need shoes, here you are. Want Nikes, go and work for the buggers.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:26am
withthat

clap well said Mr Bandy
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:50am
If you read the article it says the woman works in the cafe, so i would think she has every right to own the items mentioned. Are we going down the road of making people who fall in to unemployment or are long term unemployed get rid of these items or ban them from owning them in the first place, a form of means testing. Can we not try and get higher pensions because pensioners might dare to have a pint or a little holiday. The level of benefits and the like are at set levels and its not up to us to determine how its spent. Whats next, make someone unemployed sell all their goods before they can claim, the truth is they probably buy most things on the never never and get ripped off by extortionate interest rates, and yet that seems to be ok.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:56am
Wrong end of the stick bert, my point is that they should be moaning about what they can't get when they are sitting there with all this gear that workers on low wages can only look at in catalogues. The more the lazy gits get the more they want and it only takes them to get off their fat lardy arses and do a bit. I have every sympathy with people who fall upon hard times and are struggling, been there myself.
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:05am
not all unemployed are wanting to be on the dole as i have had to register on the dole due to work injury and hoping that they can help me back to work and i have worked for 24 years now and my nephew has been to college and university to become a teacher yet he can't get a job and he's applied for more than 50 and dole said take a teaching assistant job well what was the point in him studing for the last 5 years as you don't need all his qualifications to be a teaching assistant.
I started it because the young people need to be taught that they should be more careful and they need to learn respect for themselves and other's as society these days is rubbish and just getting worse as when i was a kid i wouldn't tell a policeman to f off but teenagers these days will and it all stems from the goverment saying thats it's illegal to hit your kids and take the cane out of the school's as when i was there you only had to get it once and didn't want it again and yes i was frightened of getting a belt of my dad if i did something wrong and i lost both my parent's by the time i was 15 and i haven't turned out too bad and i have had lots of job's where i had to respect other people as i have worked for myself and worked in loads of nursing homes and also worked for 2 years as a nurse in the hospital working with stroke patients,head injury are getting hit by drunk driver's,surgical,younger disabled etc and you have to be respectful for the patient and their families and all the people you work with and i could of gone off the rail's and been into drugs and alchohol but I had respect for myself and i don't even drink nowdays and haven't for over 7 years now
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:11am
I don't think anyone is on about everyone who ends up out of employment. I'm on about the ones who moan that they don't get enough when they are sitting on loads of stuff and use the bookies, and are always in the pub, smoke like chimneys and go on regular holidays and live like bloody royalty on the proceeds of other peoples labours. Like I said, I've been out of work myself and know what it's like, bloody 'orrible.
Your nephew will have his foot in the door if he takes the assistants job and will also be gaining experience whilst being in a position to take advantage of any vacancies that crop up, you have to give yourself a chance.
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:20am
I can take the point if people get things to easy they will carry on regardless, what i argue against is if we are going to have a welfare society, whether it be unemployment, sickness, pensions, etc, benefits, we go down a rocky road if we then go and tell them or make them spend it in a certain way. If we have scroungers, the way to get them into work is not to highlight what they have in the household, we have to as a country provide the jobs in the first place and drag them there, only when the jobs are available can we sort out the problem, its pretty pointless stopping peoples benefits if the alternative is they will turn to crime, or even find more ways of fiddling.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:30am
we have to as a country provide the jobs in the first place and drag them there, only when the jobs are available can we sort out the problem Well said Bert

Please add to this list of the big employers that have left us
How many local jobs have disappeared from these and been replaced by what?

1 Cammel Lairds
2 British Leather Co
3 Champion Sparks
4 Cadburys
5 Sqibbs
6 Steelworks
7 Docks

Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:44am
my nephew has already done some teaching and has done teaching assistant when he did the uni course as that was part of it but saying take the assistant job is like saying a doctor should be a nursing assistant.
I'm waiting for all the fun as i know the dole will give me loads of jobs as i have had alsorts of experince but i can't do them anymore on doctor's advising me that if i carry on doing physical work i will end up in a wheelchair when my back decide's to pop the l5 disc in my back again but hopefully after seeing disability adviser will come up with a plan to get me back into work and i really want to not live on the medication that i take everyday as doctor actually prescribes less medication to cancer sufferer's than what i take.

I'm trying to think of a suitable job that i can do but something i won't hate after 2 weeks as i have always done hands on work of some sort or other.

Lairds are still there but don't take on as many as they used too plus getting an apprenticeship these days is really hard then again most places have gone as the country imports so much these days as it's cheaper to do that than to pay a workforce.
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:46am
The list would be endless Derek, i can't even remember most of them that would need to go on the list, the sad thing about it is, those type of employers and the levels of manpower they employed, will never come back.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 1:11pm
Bring back Churchill smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 2:08pm
I'll just end up repeating myself. Suffice to say that when I was out of work in the 70's I joined up again, yep even as an old man, and was told I would have to start at the bottom again, which I did. The money was crap, I was even getting supplementary benefit while I was in, but I did it because I would be working and also it was a foot in the door for better things. In the event it was and I did a further 23 years so I am only speaking from my own experience. Must admit that it was harder in the 7 years I had just spent as a civvy because I was institutionalised but I still got stuck in.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 3:32pm
If they can support the kid then good on em, but it looks like they have no stable jobs or life style. Another baby up for adoption soon I bet.
Posted By: bri445 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 5:23pm
8 Flour mills
9 Stork Marge
10 Graysons
11 Abbatoir
12 Gasworks
13 Steam rail depot
14 Manganese
15 Vernons Industries
16 Alfred Holt's
17 Clan Line
18 Price's Candle
.....all decent-sized employers, now gone.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 5:36pm
There's been plenty of jobs over the past 15 years, the same people won't help themselves, they will forever want to sit at home, getting up at 14:00 just in time for Jeremy Kyle, after a heavy night on the weed/ale playing the Xbox etc, with of course the weekly inconvenience of visitng the dole office, every day for the rest of their lives... And the rest of us are just going to have to keep paying for it, till we die.

Labour did nothing about it, instead they made life more and more comfy for the scroungers than ever before, and then they walloped any hope of these people ever getting jobs, by promoting immigration and indeed made it easier than ever for immigrants with the abolition of the Primary Purpose rule a few months after they came to power in 97, and stupidly left an open-door for the Eastern-Europeans in 2004, when most other EU countries had locked down their boarders to citizens from the new EU expansion countries, which meant almost a million jobs went to Eastern European citizens instead of pushing the scroungers into them, and they finished off all hope of them ever getting job, by screwing the economy and not having saved a bean, during the boom years, for when the inevitable bust happened, but instead getting us into unsustainable amounts of public debt.

And now finally we have a coalition prepared to stand up for the hard working people for a change, and take on the scroungers, but unfortunately the timing is bad, and there is no longer jobs to put them into.

I hope to god im wrong, but I have a sneeky suspicion that the same scrounging folk who were long-term, permanent unemployed over the past 7 years, will still be long-term, permanent unemployed in 7 years time.

frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 5:50pm
what this got to do with if the granddad as got a job or not, so if he had a job she wouldn't be pregnant, wow I can see it now 100s of men 'It ok love we don't need a comdom I"ve got a job' LOL
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 5:53pm
have to agree zippy, this thread should be about the fact that too many young girls, barely in high school, drop their drawers ....
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:18pm
So it should be Rocket, but as you know we always get blown of course. Matt makes a valid point, so is it time to stop outsiders filling British jobs?
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:21pm
lmao bert....but it is the taxpayer who is footing the bill for their "behind the bushes" indiscretions lol
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:24pm
Who ever you are zippy you are right up my street sence of humour is boss
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:32pm
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
lmao bert....but it is the taxpayer who is footing the bill for their "behind the bushes" indiscretions lol

The morality of fourteen year old girls and boys for that matter has nothing to do with what benefits are available, otherwise we are suggesting that young boys and girls from working families don't get in to trouble, of this nature.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:54pm
no bert, as usual this has been turned onto a employment vs unemployed and who should have what thread....

i am talking from the point of teenage pregnancy, despite social backgrounds or employment status....think britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in europe....

considering there is;
better and improved sex education in schools
free condoms
free contaception and advice
from centres who do a brilliant job like the brook...

young girls are still getting pregnant....

why is this
is it because

this country
provides housing with free rent and council tax
provides benefits
provides so many hours a week, free childcare places to 2 year olds

hey if the girls attend college they get full time free childcare, as soon as the mother wants to go on a course.....

some young girls view this as a meal ticket....a way to get away from home and have their own money......

am not disputing the fact that young girls need help, there should be choices...not a smorgasboard of benefits and free help,

this just shouldnt be left to the young girls neither, the young lads responsible for dipping their wick should face the reality of the situation and be responsible for their own actions

go on facebook and you will see them going on about what tattoo they are going to get next week, or how many fosters and lads they have around their home...

thanx courtesy to the taxpayer

Posted By: MattLFC Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 6:57pm
no bert, as usual this has been turned onto a employment vs unemployed and who should have what thread....

i am talking from the point of teenage pregnancy, despite social backgrounds or employment status....think britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in europe....

considering there is;
better and improved sex education in schools
free condoms
free contaception and advice
from centres who do a brilliant job like the brook...

young girls are still getting pregnant....

why is this
is it because

this country
provides housing with free rent and council tax
provides benefits
provides so many hours a week, free childcare places to 2 year olds

hey if the girls attend college they get full time free childcare, as soon as the mother wants to go on a course.....

some young girls view this as a meal ticket....a way to get away from home and have their own money......

am not disputing the fact that young girls need help, there should be choices...not a smorgasboard of benefits and free help,

this just shouldnt be left to the young girls neither, the young lads responsible for dipping their wick should face the reality of the situation and be responsible for their own actions

go on facebook and you will see them going on about what tattoo they are going to get next week, or how many fosters and lads they have around their home...

thanx courtesy to the taxpayer

Amen that lady!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:06pm
I can't believe that girls under the age of consent get pregnant with a view of getting what you have described above, older ones maybe, but 14 year old, no, thats got to be down to lack of education, background, etc.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:12pm
believe me it is true bert, it has nothing to do with lack of education as all schools teach sex education, they supply mentors to help them and offer advice on all tops of subjects...
there are campaigns..
there are visitors from the brook or other contraception advice bureaus offering advice...
talk to frank and other web campaigns

bert teenages have more help now than ever and yet this problem persists.....

watch now because the EMA has stopped..the rise in teenage pregnancies......
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:20pm
So whats the answer, forced contraception at a certain age, forced abortion if out of wedlock or below a certain age. Someone somewhere is going to have to get pretty barbaric.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:27pm
gosh no that all goes against my principles.....

maybe a good look at the government and all political parties to come to some consensus regarding the benefits system as a whole...because it is becoming a farce

the benefits system was designed to help the vulnerable in our society...not to provide tattoos or carlsberg...or benefits to go abroad..

it needs a major overhaul

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:28pm
Originally Posted by zippy
what this got to do with if the granddad as got a job or not, so if he had a job she wouldn't be pregnant, wow I can see it now 100s of men 'It ok love we don't need a comdom I"ve got a job' LOL

raftl
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 7:34pm
So stopping benefits may stop below the age of consent pregnancies, I'll have a think about that while i watch the football.

Behave yourself while I'm away. wink
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:01pm
wench, some of the 14 year old girls today look older than 16 to be honest...and the wicker dippers will only scream "she told me she was 16"...

i think it needs to be tackled holistically from the parental responsibilty to the wicker dippers
Posted By: Anonymous Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:12pm
rocket I can't see wenchs' post ??
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:15pm
it has been removed for some reason zippy, wench thought maybe the little sods should be charged with rape if they have sex with a minor
Posted By: Anonymous Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 8:20pm
kk thanks hun
Posted By: endoxr4x4 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 9:36pm
discipline has gone from the homes and the school's as kids go you can't touch me i'll get you done and that is down to the goverment saying that you can't hit your kids but getting hit by your parents or getting the cane never did me any harm or any of my freinds that i went to school with as i had left long before they changed the law to no hitting so if anyone is responsible it's the goverment.

Being in work or claiming benefits has got nothing to do with it it's about 14 year old girls having sex when they are far to young to be doing that and should still be playing with dolls or whatever 14 year old girls used to do,when was that age i was out playing football with my mates and girls were the last thing that we thought about.
Nobody has the respect that they used to have for others these days and we are all guilty of that as bet you all say get out of the way in your head when someone is in the way when you drive or even if you are out shopping etc.

Posted By: Wench Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:12pm
it has been removed for some reason zippy, wench thought maybe the little sods should be charged with rape if they have sex with a minor

I removed it by accident - went to edit it and the pc had a hissy fit. They should be charged IMO, or at least make an example of a few to get the message out there.

I'm with endo - a clip round the ear never did me any harm either. No criminal record, not turned to drugs or alcohol and I'm not a violent person.

There's really no need for such a high level of unwanted/unplanned pregnancies - it's not like you have to buy condoms or any other form of contraception or be embarrassed about it like "in the old days". It's freely available and free. If you're not adult enough to use contraception or discuss it, then you're not old enough to be having sex!

I have quite extreme views when it comes to breeding, those that know me know what I mean raftl
Posted By: jimbob Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:37pm
Go back to the 40s and 50s. Unmarried girl gets pregnant, removed from her family home and put in a home for unmarried mothers. Be it RC or CE, baby born, girl comes home without baby, baby put up for adoption. ITS SIMPLE {END OF STORY}
Posted By: TheDr Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:45pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
Go back to the 40s and 50s. Unmarried girl gets pregnant, removed from her family home and put in a home for unmarried mothers. Be it RC or CE, baby born, girl comes home without baby, baby put up for adoption. ITS SIMPLE {END OF STORY}

Not even that far back, this happened all the way through the 60's as well.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 10:51pm
Originally Posted by zippy

I just feel that a happy child all the way up to its teens should feel that it is a stable enviroment with no worries about were its next meal tocken it coming from. Yes I agree all you need is love to make a happy family, but that dont always put steak on your plate.
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:39pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
There's been plenty of jobs over the past 15 years, the same people won't help themselves, they will forever want to sit at home, getting up at 14:00 just in time for Jeremy Kyle, after a heavy night on the weed/ale playing the Xbox etc, with of course the weekly inconvenience of visitng the dole office, every day for the rest of their lives... And the rest of us are just going to have to keep paying for it, till we die.

Labour did nothing about it, instead they made life more and more comfy for the scroungers than ever before, and then they walloped any hope of these people ever getting jobs, by promoting immigration and indeed made it easier than ever for immigrants with the abolition of the Primary Purpose rule a few months after they came to power in 97, and stupidly left an open-door for the Eastern-Europeans in 2004, when most other EU countries had locked down their boarders to citizens from the new EU expansion countries, which meant almost a million jobs went to Eastern European citizens instead of pushing the scroungers into them, and they finished off all hope of them ever getting job, by screwing the economy and not having saved a bean, during the boom years, for when the inevitable bust happened, but instead getting us into unsustainable amounts of public debt.

And now finally we have a coalition prepared to stand up for the hard working people for a change, and take on the scroungers, but unfortunately the timing is bad, and there is no longer jobs to put them into.

I hope to god im wrong, but I have a sneeky suspicion that the same scrounging folk who were long-term, permanent unemployed over the past 7 years, will still be long-term, permanent unemployed in 7 years time.

frown

agree with everything you have said.I know several peeps on benefit and ther life just revolves around, playing world of war craft on the computer, smoking weed, playing x box, or play station, getting pissed at the weekend. these type of people arnt intrested in getting a job, why should they, when ther lived are quite happy as they are, and in order to stay like this they manage to get sick notes of the doctor, for depression, or bad backs, when ther is nothing wrong with them > I actually only know 1 person who is legitematly out of work, and thats my uncle mike, who has gone for every consevable interview going, and has never been out of work in his ife, he was made redundant befor xmas. The whole system is an eyeopener for him. x
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:46pm

My mother had a child befor i was born , i only found this out a couple of years ago, and im 42 now. she was an unmarried mum, and had no means of looking after the child, he was born in july 1966, in liverpool, and was taken by a catholic adoption society that existed at the time, she kept him 6 weeks, and has never heard or seen him since. Im very sad to learn i have a brother out ther in the world somewer, and so far i have been unable to locate him, its like looking for a needle in a haystake. I dont know what his adopted name is, and because of confidentiality. i can,t find out any details.

If anybody knows of a man born in liverpool in 1966, who was adopted, please let me know.Its a long shot, but i thought if i put this on here, you just never know.and it fitted with the thread.

My mothers name was janice vick, and she called the boy rupert vick, and he was born in july 1966 in liverpool.he was adopted through a catholic or christian church adoption society at the time, and my mother thinks he went east.

thanks sarah x
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: uk's youngest grandad - 26th Jan 2011 11:57pm
As for 14 year old,s becoming pregnant, well its happend befor, and im sure this girl won,t be the last to become pregnant at that age. I don,t really know what to think about it, other than, the girl, will have a shock when she goes into labour, because it hurts, and then she will have a little dependant.Her teenage years have gone then really.
But i hope she gets plenty of support, and maybe she will be a good little mum. She wont get housed or benefits of the state at that age, so it will be down to her parents or partner to support her.

It sounds like the way she has been brought up, and the possible influences around her, havent shown her any other way of living. If its a deprived area, maybe thats all she knows.?

Maybe the state should suggest that all girls when they start there periods, could take the contraceptive pill, if they are in aggreeance, and with the parents concent, although im sure that would be highly contraversial.

sarah x
Posted By: hoseman Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 12:06am
1 Cammel Lairds
2 British Leather Co
3 Champion Sparks
4 Cadburys
5 Sqibbs
6 Steelworks
7 Docks
8 Girlings
9 Vauxhalls (barely alive!)
10 abattoir (birkenhead)
11 brickworks
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 8:55am

lets not go back to the dark days ffs.......

as endo and wench say a clip round the ear, did us no harm......

AND CONTRACEPTION IS FREE

sarahdavo you say that at 14, a young mum isnt entitled to benefits....am pretty sure the young mum will be entitled to tax credits, travel expenses and also whilst she is at school or college, the childcare will be payed for by the state...this could be up to £200 a week in childcare cost alone ....this is around £10k per year..a salary most woman dont earn...

every child is under the parental responsibility of an adult until they reach 18, this is part of the united nations conventions on the right of the child....why not make the parents of the teenagers responsible if something like this happens and the parents and the wicker dipper have to pay for the upkeep of the child...I can hear the scream of the parents now " why should I blah blah blah" well it is called parental responsibility......

be responsible for your own child and teach them some values, morals, ambition and principles and as well as feed, clothe and shelter them...educate their child on respect for their own body, themselves and other ppl....

i have 3 daughters and by the age of 14, i dragged their backsides down to the gp for the pill, even though they werent having sex at that time and my son when too embarrased to go for condoms he came to me and i went to the brook with him in tow, just to show him it wasnt a place where he would be taken the piss at... this was to ensure they had ambition and a right to their individual career choices being achieved, amongst other things...

they all did and they thank me for it now.....am not saying this is the way to go but each parent has to show some level of parental responsibility...
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 9:48am
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits. Its not that this is something new, this is something that has happened since time began.
It is more out in the open, there doesn't seem to be the shame attached to it like the past, blaming the benefits system, like most things seems to be the easy way out, to some, most social problems stem from the fact we have a welfare system, that can not be correct. Any child under the age of consent is still under the responsibility of the parents and therefore i agree with Rocket that parents should accept full responsibility and consequences for whatever actions their child undertakes. Some would argue, by putting under age girls on the pill and encouraging young boys to wear condoms they are giving them the blue light to be promiscuous, is this braking the law of the land?, better than an unwanted pregnancy though. I still think for this problem to be solved someone somewhere is going to have to get pretty barbaric and none of us want that.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 10:16am
Originally Posted by bert1
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits.

Im afraid, without wanting to come across horribly, that is simply due to your age and old-world beliefs Bert. And quite right too, but unfortunatly the world is no longer like that, times have moved on and attitudes have changed, for the worse.

Having lived around people, girls especially, under the age of consent within the last decade (im only 24), and having friends and cousins who have mates that are now experiencing the same things with their peers etc, I can assure you, that whilst the number is probably not as high as sometimes the media and people in general like to portray, there is disgustingly high percentage of girls (and in some cases, even lads) who see the best/easiest/only way to get through life is by having a child every few years (whenever the benefits system stipulates they must have them to remain eligable for full benefits), and there are plenty of girls who have these plans from before the age of consent. Within the past few months alone, I have heard of a girl whose sole aim in life was to have children and never work, and thats what she did - and yes its for the money, because the children are, imho and that of child protection, neglected (and have been reported). There is another girl I know, who has always maintained she wanted kids since before she was 16, to get the benefits on offer, so she never has to work nor worry about life financially, and she is now pregnant, with a boyfriend who has no intention of working, and looking forward to reaping the fruits of her labour!!

It's a sorry state of affairs Bert, but remember kids arnt playing with dolls past the age of 8 in general anymore, and by the age of 13, girls especially, want to be seen hanging around with girls much older than them, dating (and for want of a better word, shagging lol) lads as old as possible etc...

If one of their peers at the age of 16 or 17 has a kid, and gets lots of benefits (seeing the sacrifices that SHOULD be made when a person/family has a baby, should be enough to put anyone off, but these girls are not wise and usually not particuarly intelligent), a nice house etc, things that without the child, they would have to work hard for, and would not in a million years get a council house etc, then what sort of influence do you think that has on them, live a normal life and get nothing in return, just taxation through the roof as thanks for working hard and no way onto the council housing system, or a comfortable life, supported entirely by the state, whereby you never have to work, you get a house and all your bills paid for, which, given the age of the girls in question, do you think seems more appealing - and thats not forgetting that girls in generall, always want to have a baby, the idea is all very cute and cuddly etc...

Its an epidemic, ive seen it so often, on Facebook there is girls younger than 20 announcing how proud they are to be scrounging off the state, how they will never have to work and feel sorry for those sad fookers that do, ive seen one girl get pregnant one week, then within 6 months, her two sisters and the majority of her mates are all up the duff, and all under the age of 20, having done nothing with their lives and not done a days work, with no intention of ever doing a days work. There is a reason the BBC Panorama was in Birkenhead last week, and it wasnt solely because of Frank Field's welfare reforms.

And don't for one minute think these problems and attitudes are confined to just deprived area's, they affect middle-class area's as well, it is a growing problem that girls from "well-to-do", stable and secure backgrounds, are popping kids out as soon as they can, so they too can have a taste of benefit dependency. Sometimes, the best will of their families and even opposition by their families, does little or nothing to discourage them, because they are at the age whereby they will do what the media and even moreso, what their peers are all doing/saying is good.

Attitudes are totally wrong, there is a distinct lack of aspiration by the next generation, regardless of what opportunities are placed in front of them, and the only way to even begin curbing the problem, is to start making life VERY hard, and very unappealing for these girls (and lads), if they next generation of wouldbe "pregnant sluts" see their mates on their arses, struggling, not getting everything on a plate, having to wait in line for a council house like everyone else, with no advantages over the others in the queue, no more free childcare for those that dont work etc, then maybe, just maybe, the idea of getting pregnant as an easier alternative to working and earning an honest, decent living, could start to become unappealing, to the point of scary.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 10:40am
I can't accept that children under the age of consent plot and get pregnant because they see it as a means of forming some sort of life on benefits.

It is true, over half the girls I went to school with now have kids and all of them did it to save ever having to work!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 10:48am
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash

It is true, over half the girls I went to school with now have kids and all of them did it to save ever having to work!

Lol, and you went to school with your mate Becky who was featured the Panorama programme didnt ye!! tease

And there was two other girls you saw on it from your year??
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 11:09am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Lol, and you went to school with your mate Becky who was featured the Panorama programme didnt ye!! tease

And there was two other girls you saw on it from your year??

omg She was not my mate! tease And no it was her and another girl (Louisa in case dad's reading this, haha) and yeah she was my best friend once, haha!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 11:23am
At the end of the day it is a matter of how close you are to the action, how you react to it and what that does to colour your perceptions of how to solve the problem. It aint easy but obviously education hasn't solved it because the kids get all the information they need about it at school and a lot do at home. I think it all boils down in a way to kids learning their responsibilities as well as their rights and also the fact that there are consequences to every action. There, I've got that off my chest.
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 11:39am
Your quite right Matt i have got more years behind me than i have in front and i am a great believer in, one is never to old to learn. I also believe one can learn a lot from history, even when i was growing up, young girls got pregnant and before that when my parents and grandparents were growing up and so on and so on. I don't believe human nature has changed that much, so how do we tackle it, stopping benefits may stop a few, so what then, is it a case of forced contraception or forced abortions.
Remember when you do get around to having a family, hope for boys and remember the old saying, with a boy, you only have one cock to worry about, with girls you have thousands. wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 12:12pm
I guess the problem I really see, is a mixture of the benefits culture that does exist in this country at the moment, whereby people see the benefits system as a way to make a living, an alternative to working, and many young girls view having a child as the easiest way to exploit the welfare system and avoid ever having to work, and also the fact that other European countries such as The Netherlands, can get it right, and we seem simply unable to.

Something must be wrong in this country, because I know for a fact forced contraception and the like does not happen in other EU countries, some of which have the lowest rates of teenage pregnancy and the like, in the world.
Posted By: bert1 Re: uk's youngest grandad - 27th Jan 2011 1:33pm
I have no idea how other countries go about avoiding under age pregnancies, even in this country there are regional differences and social differences in the figures, I don't believe there is a political party in this country who would be willing to take the food out of babes mouths, so to speak, The answer what ever it is has got to be before it reaches benefit level, if that answer is place full responsibility on parents, that would be fine, but all children will reach an age were parents are no longer responsible for their children, That then leads us back to taking the food from babes, also having to be taken in to consideration, who decides who and who isn't deserving.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 31st Jan 2011 2:18pm
Report this morning that where morning after pills have been available there has been no decrease in youngsters pregnancies but there has been an increase in STD's. Happy were the days when all you had to worry about was mobile dandruff.
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: uk's youngest grandad - 31st Jan 2011 2:32pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Report this morning that where morning after pills have been available there has been no decrease in youngsters pregnancies but there has been an increase in STD's. Happy were the days when all you had to worry about was mobile dandruff.

teenagers are an ignorant bunch....even free raincovers cant stop them getting the chylam....
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: uk's youngest grandad - 31st Jan 2011 2:33pm
The increase in STD's can surely be the widespread PUSHING of chemical contraception. It gives out the wrong message concerning barrier contraception.

I've come across girls boasting that they have had an implant contraceptive - basically saying its alright for anyone to screw me because I won't get pregnant.

The only defence is that implants are more reliable than expecting these young girl to take oral contraceptives every day.

I still think its wrong that a 12 year old girl can be given contraception and even an abortion without the parents knowledge. How can you be legally responsible for someone who is known to be sexually active at an age that it is against the law.

A few more people should be prosecuted for statutory rape, instead the government watered down the laws on this matter, pathetic two-faced response!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: uk's youngest grandad - 3rd Feb 2011 12:18pm
If I was a youngster I think I would worry more about my bits rotting and dropping off than getting humped. If the thought of that doesn't stop them being irresponsible then there's no hope. When I was a boy sailor they used to show us films of rotting gonads and that was enough to get the message across to most of us, maybe the schools should be doing more of that. Brutal but effective.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral