Forums
Posted By: hoseman BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 12:08pm
It is now a case of Brittania doesnt rule the waves....or even our coinage soon.
The Royal Mint is removing the image of Brittania from our coins in the future. Scarey to think this may actually be because it upsets another culture or country....Heavens forbid we dont want to rock the world boat do we???
We are British, we live in Britain and Brittania is the symbol of our country!
The Royal Mint is selling 40 yr old pennies, plated with Brittana infull colour for £2.50 inclusive of carriage!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 5:58pm
Who says this country isn't going down the pan bigtime ?? Anyday now we will be "told" that we will be going over to the Eurocrap (or whatever it's called) system "to fall into line" or somesuch dog's vomit. The rant alert lamp is flashing so I'll bite my tongue.
Posted By: samus493 Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 6:00pm
I'm not a racist or anything. But when we're not allowed to hang our national flag out of fear of offending some bloody foreigners, There's something wrong there.
Posted By: lansyp Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 6:41pm
there is no great in great britain any more .we are paying to have people who hate our way of life to live in bloody mansions in london and they rant and rave over us putting up flags and christmas decorations sorry i am not raciest in any way i am just sick of this country being taken for a ride and helped along by our own shithouse government rant over sorry if i have offended anybody
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 6:53pm
here here
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 6:56pm
So...................
What are people doing to stop the rot?
Would this happen in France?????
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 7:22pm
i have to agree peeps !
Posted By: samus493 Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 7:24pm
Something needs to be done. We're being worked over by foreigners who come over and think they're gonna get a free ride. They need to know its not.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 7:42pm
I think eventually the good old British reserve, tolerance (read "mugs")etc. is going to run out. Then we are going to have to nail our colours to the mast and say enough is enough.

Without going down the racial road, am I alone in experiencing my jaw dropping on the carpet when you see snippets on the box of schools ("darn sarth mate")with maybe one white pupil in the class of gawd knows how many ??

I'll get flamed for this I'm sure, but it would be interesting to know if anyone else would stick their head above the parapit and "maybe" agree ??

No, I'm not a member of any extreme group, right or left and that Mr Hilter bloke is not a mate either !

Diving behind the sofa.

Yours etc..........
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 7:51pm
Just thought (that'll be a first). Please ignore my username when listening to me rattling on about non-British persons!

(It's the vehicle I drive - ask Chris Kay. He's been in it !)
Posted By: bert1 Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 8:08pm
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=455

The above will give you some idea of the state of play. I think the TV take political correctness over the top and give the impression we are actually overrun by foreigners, i don't think that is the case, however i don't agree that we should lose our Britishness and should fight to preserve it.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 8:12pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Without going down the racial road, am I alone in experiencing my jaw dropping on the carpet when you see snippets on the box of schools ("darn sarth mate")with maybe one white pupil in the class of gawd knows how many ??

Yours etc..........

I believe this to be the exception rather than the rule and hasn't been isolated to the south. The tabloids are very good at finding these stories and using them to inflame emotions.
IMVHO it isn't the colour of peoples skin which is an issue but a lack of intergration into the local culture - that is human nature - look at all the Brits living in Spain or France who don't / won't mix with the local and can't speak a word of the local language.

The problem these days is other 'Europeans' having the freedom to come and go as they please claiming here there and everywhere along the way but I bet the number of those is still less than the full blooded English white chav leeches that see bleeding this country dry as their rite of passage

*steps down off soap box and tip toes away quietly*
Posted By: davew3 Re: BRITTANIA - 7th Nov 2010 8:38pm
The Royal mint in it's "wisdom" is getting rid of Brittania,blame Brown and co for hating the English and for the idiot's voting for him,it's a private company that's flogging the coloured and gold plated ex British legal coinage and not the Royal mint,you have to listen to what that stuffy woman says in the advert.
Posted By: woodley Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 5:19am
Sydney, Australia is exactly the same. Banned Christmas carols and decorations in shopping centres (not all), public swimming pools closed to males one day a week (figure out why) even tho' it was built by WW11 returned soldiers and they can call me a "bloody pom" and it's not considered racist. Multiculturism is an absolute joke - me thinks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 8:29am
Kill em all!
Posted By: polo_phil Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 10:11am
That 'roo riding, shrimp barbecuing ruthf is right...
In fact I agree with all of this topic. We can't say or do a lot of things now without offending someone and the blame is entirely down to that electrical, computer retailer...

PC world.
Posted By: davew3 Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 11:23am
Oh I don't know bert,have you to go to Bradford ,Birmingham
,parts of Sheffield,Manchester you don't get an area called the curry mile in many places ,you would have a hard time in wondering if you were still in the once "Fair and Pleasant Land",what with the shops signs and dress suggesting your in some foreign land,we may have been kicked out of lots of countries that we once ran,but the children of these same countries appear to think 1: we owe them one,2:they liked what they saw and wanted more than the own country can give them.

As far as Londonistan is concerned,you only have to wonder where all the young Londoners have been pushed out to,I know Liverpool and Leeds seem to be the favoured places these young ones have gone to live in,
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 11:57am
Bloke in Sweden just been done for shooting foreigners, which you can't agree with, but then he is living in a city of which 40 per cent are of foreign extraction. There's one bloke who's flipped his lid obviously. As for UK, take a trip to the eastern side of Leicester and be prepared to be gob smacked.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 12:37pm
Back in the early '70's I used to go to Bradford a lot - mainly so I could ride on the trolleybuses (sad git). All the drivers and conductors were from India/Pakistan. Interestingly ALL were unfailingly polite, smiling and wore FULL uniform and took a pride in their appearance. Just as interestingly, if I had to use a motor bus, a lot of the crews were white, slovenly, no tie and wore the ticket machine on the hip like a bleedin' cowboy !

The trolleybus crews obviously had pride in the job, a trolleybus takes a LOT more skill to drive. A work ethic thing ?

Even then, I used to joke to a mate about seeing a white man across the street and shouting "Snap". Tut-tut. Very non-PC nowadays.

Maybe another generation has grown up now - both coloured and white, and both seem to think the world owes them a living.

Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 12:50pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Maybe another generation has grown up now - both coloured and white, and both seem to think the world owes them a living.

How true frown
Posted By: DavidB Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 1:00pm
I can't say any of this bothers me at all, as it usually stems from the hatepress like The Daily Mail. I'm born British from German family and I have an Asian missus, but being British doesn't really mean a lot to me apart from lousy weather and people obsessed with football, and a populace that only seems to be bothered about fickle little things that an 'expert' spent a couple of hours writing about in a newspaper.
Brittania was removed in 2008, but the coins still have the Queen on it, the notes have the people who contributed in the past. I can't see the country losing any of it's identity, we still are still world leaders in many things like education, science, engineering and industry which is pretty much what made the country matter centuries ago. I can understand why people think the country is 'going down the pan' (copyright Daily Mail) if they think that an icon on a coin really matters.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 1:49pm
Im not sure is what has gone that bothers people, but the reasons for it going....

...if those reasons are indeed true think
Posted By: bert1 Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 2:25pm
As mentioned previously there are lots of places who have a large immigrant populace, thats understandable, people who come here from abroad are bound to be wanting to settle near to relatives and people similar to themselves, not forgetting thats where they were directed to for industries and whatever skills they had. The British do exactly the same, Would it be more acceptable if 1 immigrant family lived in every hamlet, that way perhaps it wouldn't be as noticable to some. What are immigrants trying to do, as i see it and always have done, they are trying to make a better life for themselves and their children, had i had a harder life i might have even considered emigrating myself, so i can't knock them for that.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 3:12pm
I think we are loosing sight of the topic of this thread, that a national symbol may have been discontinued to avoid insulting such immigrants.

...when in Rome and all that.....
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 3:15pm
Also, and I hate to stay off topic after my last post smack

Yes, immigrants may come over to improve their life, and they may be willing to do tedious jobs for minimum wage, but these are jobs UK residents on the dole are rejecting!

In turn the tax payer pays for these people to sit on their arses whilst immigrants are taken to do the jobs.

Tougher immigration laws are needed to only allow those with additional skills, and get those on the dole doing more tediuos jobs to save taxpayers money!
Posted By: DavidB Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 3:25pm
The thing about immigration, you get loads of ex-pats in Spain who expect the Spanish to speak English. I know loads of people round here who are livid about foreigners taking all the jobs, yet they're on the dole, it doesn't make sense. They are the crappy jobs the English won't do! raftl You always see Asians delivering those leaflets through your door which pay about 45 quid per 2000 deliveries.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 3:28pm
The thing about Ex-pats in Spain though, is they generally go over there to retire, or at least have enough money to support themselves without saturating the Spanish job market and depriving spaniards of jobs.... think

Fair enough, there are some ex-pats that go over in the summer, for summer jobs in bars, but when was the last time you heard of someone moving to Spain to flip burgers or sort household waste....
Posted By: hoseman Re: BRITTANIA - 8th Nov 2010 5:22pm
The Summer workers tend to work in clubs and bars as most English holidaymakers (hoodilums!!) like a brit voice serving them, same in Greece!
I am NOT racist, even if my first post swayed that way, just fed up with the way this country is going!
I have lost a lot of friends, especially my sis/brother in law and kids (went to OZ 2 yrs ago!!) to emigrating abroad. Their reason in ALL cases is this country has nothing to offer them and they want a better way of life for themselves and mainly their kids!
As mentioned, we have lost a lot of our heritage, industry, culture and tradition so as not to offend others.....But to be perfectly honest i recon fook `EM!!!!
Posted By: Tatey Re: BRITTANIA - 9th Nov 2010 8:39am
If I moved to Pakistan, would I be able to have a Christian church built, send my children to an English speaking school & get on benefits?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: BRITTANIA - 9th Nov 2010 8:41am
Would you fook.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: BRITTANIA - 9th Nov 2010 10:58am
Smartarse (Scottish Area) Ltd. Issued a statement at 1051hrs UTC today:

The subject line of this thread should read "Britannia" not Brittania.

Message ends.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think WE had better get it right before any of our friends from the wrong side of the English Channel point it out ! No, I didn't notice it before either !!!!!
Posted By: davew3 Re: BRITTANIA - 9th Nov 2010 11:32am
I don't really see immigration as the main problem,I see our main problem as the EU-SSR,our masters along with the unions have destroyed our industries,fishing,steel,cars etc,by turning the country into an expensive place to produce anything,it's ok for a while to get added value by employing people in the service industries but they don't make much foreign cash which we need to survive,we are now on the steep slope of borrowing to buy foreign made goods and foodstuffs to live,which will eventually lead us to bankruptcy,the EUSSR won't help as they have what they want the UK on it's knees after centuries of warfare.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: BRITTANIA - 17th Nov 2010 11:51am
Don't you think we are ready for a politician to come along who has the charisma and the clout to get us up off our knees. It's the gits in charge who are to blame, we are still up for it if they would only let us.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral