Forums
Posted By: dizdazdoz Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 10:29am
Unbelievable this story, how can anyone even consider this in good taste Clicky
Posted By: Tilly Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 10:59am
it's outrageous. Surely the American Government wont let that happen.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 1:59pm
Whether it happens or not will be down to whether the yanks think the whole Islamic world were in on 9/11. Perhaps it would be strange to allow it. When the IRA flattened part of Manchester do you think we would have kicked up a fuss if they wanted to put a catholic church on part of the site. Even though the Catholic church never backed the IRA, a lot of people automatically thought they did and a lot of catholics took the blame for what they done. Muslims seem to be taking the blame for the nutters who are suppose to follow their religion.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 2:10pm
Good point Bert, you typed the words I was trying so hard to find to explain it with this morning when I first saw the post.

I dont think it will happen, American opinion wont let it happen, even if the reasons for building it are honest and genuine...

Id also say "no" to it, unless they agree to let westerners build a church in Baghdad or Kabul...
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 3:19pm
I agree with Bert. I know I posted the topic but loads do blame each other without understanding the main issues.

With religions I must admit to being naive, I feel that they are the main cause of wars to name a few things, however I can see the attraction and wish I had a belief.

I just find it in bad taste, the whole story.

Ignorant people like me don't know the difference between, say Muslim and Islam and it would make sense to have no religious links to ground zero.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 3:35pm
Do people therefore believe we should never allow Catholic churches in Conventry, or is this just more anti-Muslim preachers at work? Im Roman Catholic, but going on this analogy, I cannot understand why the same rule should not be applied for Catholics in Coventry...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 3:50pm
Everyone knows the only thing they will build at Ground Zero will be a McDonalds.

Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Mosque on ground zero - 17th May 2010 4:12pm
I think the person quoted in the NY Times article put it very well when he said:

"If the Japanese decided to open a cultural center across from Pearl Harbor, that would be insensitive," Sipos told me. "If the Germans opened a Bach choral society across from Auschwitz, even after all these years, that would be an insensitive setting. I have absolutely nothing against Islam. I just think: Why there?"
Posted By: raymondo Re: Mosque on ground zero - 18th May 2010 6:26pm
the only reson as i see it is to build a mosk there would be another triumph to them! why else chose there? there must be other land aroud that they can build on! there taking over the world like a cancer

but that is just my opinion sherlock
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Mosque on ground zero - 18th May 2010 7:59pm
Many people from many different religions and race died at ground zero including muslim,though the one fact remains (if we are to believe it) the muslim extremists were responsible.
To put a mosque on the site would be distasteful at the highest level.I personally can't see it going ahead and don't think it should,but like Raymondo that's just my opinion.I have some muslim friends and can vouch that most are decent polite people.
You can't blame ALL muslims for 9/11 just like you can't blame ALL catholics for the I.R.A,(speaking of the I.R.A) When Britain and Northern Ireland was being bombed by them the Americans could give a toss,yet when America gets bombed they expect the world to jump up and help??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral