Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Scamera van catches fire... - 12th Mar 2010 9:04am
Not an accident I suspect raftl

One down..... raftl

Originally Posted by Daily Post
AN investigation has been launched after a police speed camera van caught fire on a narrow lane in Gwynedd.

Fire crews were alerted to the blaze in Llanllechid near Bethesda just after 12.30pm on Monday.

Neighbours said the GanBwyll/Go Safe, formerly Arrive Alive, vehicle had been spotted several times in the area in recent weeks.

One local, who asked not to be identified, said: “It’s not the first time I’ve seen it here and I can’t think why it is here so often. I’ve noticed the camera window is sometimes open too.

“That’s the funny thing. This road is so narrow you can’t think about speeding. I’ve not heard about anyone being booked for speeding here either.”

Another local added: “I noticed smoke coming from around the van but thought it was just exhaust smoke from a car that had just gone past. The next thing I noticed was the sound of the fire engine.”

Firefighters from Bangor attended after the alarm was raised and quickly extinguished the blaze.

But the van was badly damaged in the incident and could not be driven.

Another neighbour said: “The firemen were very quick in putting the fire out but there were just a few smiles on their faces afterwards.

“I think quite a few people around here had a bit of a giggle as well.”

[Linked Image]

Full Story
Posted By: Wheels Re: Scamera van catches fire... - 12th Mar 2010 10:03am
Wah wah waaaah
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Scamera van catches fire... - 12th Mar 2010 7:09pm
off down to leasowe road with a can of petrol, be back later guys
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Scamera van catches fire... - 12th Mar 2010 9:21pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
off down to leasowe road with a can of petrol, be back later guys

Lol
Posted By: DavidB Re: Scamera van catches fire... - 15th Mar 2010 4:59pm
There's one of these hidden on the entrance through the Wallasey Tunnel on the Liverpool side, it's not even in Police livery, it's just a van. Not sure what they're doing, but there's cameras poking out the back.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral