Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Pensioners' playground to be built in Hyde Park - 10th Feb 2010 1:38pm
Originally Posted by Telegraph
A ''pensioners' playground'' will be built in Hyde Park, London, to help the over-60s exercise outdoors, it has emerged.

The £40,000 facility will feature fitness equipment designed to provide gentle exercise, including a cross-trainer, body-flexer, free runner, sit-up bench, flex wheel and static bike.

Play areas for older people are popular in China and parts of Europe, but this is the first of its kind in London.

[Linked Image]

Source

...how long before the hospitals are flooded with hip replacement jobs raftl
free-running pensioners?? omg
£40 grand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oshocked
...and thats before they cost the NHS ££££ in broken hips / ankles / wrists.....
Originally Posted by Beaker
...and thats before they cost the NHS ££££ in broken hips / ankles / wrists.....

Similar to pre- pensioner aged people playing football, rugby, jogging and crashing cars.
...doesnt cost £40k to do those though wink

raftl Your just looking for an excuse for them to build one round here Bert wink
Bert,

I want one in New Brighton, preferably next to a pub!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Pensioners' playground to be built in Hyde Park - 10th Feb 2010 11:41pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
...doesnt cost £40k to do those though wink

raftl Your just looking for an excuse for them to build one round here Bert wink

But it does to fix the injuries and i don't need one to keep me fit, i have other activities. wink
I bet those young free-runners will cost a bob or two in injury cost, and that's before they start banging into people and causing them injury as well.
Pensioners who exercise cost less because it strengthens the bones and keeps them supple. Well that's what I read anyway.

oldman happy
It will cost the NHS a lot more in Ibuleve gel though...
Old Man: hey Doris look at me! i'm young again CRRIIICK! oh my f***in hip. Doris! call an ambulance i think i've pulled something on the monkey bars again.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Pensioners' playground to be built in Hyde Park - 11th Feb 2010 10:33am
I think it is a pretty good idea. Shame it will be vandalised in a few days though
..or taken over by drug injecting chavs!
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
Old Man: hey Doris look at me! i'm young again CRRIIICK! oh my f***in hip. Doris! call an ambulance i think i've pulled something on the monkey bars again.

If it's a pulling place then count me in.

thumbsup
Is that your special name for it "Monkey Bar" raftl
Special name for it? The mind boggles Stuy.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral