Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 9:55am
Originally Posted by Telegraph
Cats have long been thought to be cleverer than dogs - and now it seems the same is true of their owners.

People with cats are more likely to have university degrees than those with dogs, according to a scientific survey of pet ownership.

The study also revealed that the combined cat and dog population of Britain is more than 20.8 million - 50 per cent higher than previously thought.

Researchers at the University of Bristol say that the superior intelligence of cat owners is unlikely to be caused by their exposure to the famously cunning and selfish pets.

Rather, more educated people tend to work longer hours and choose a pet to fit their lifestyles. Unlike dogs, cats require no walking and can manage with little human company.

Source
cats dont need to be walked? our one does all he does is sleep, eat and scratch the door next to his letterbox like an idiot.

Mowow cat says hi.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 11:54am
This also proves one more thing, the better educated you are, the less hygienic you must become, for cats do like to walk and lay on tables, worktops and cookers, all the places where food is prepared and eaten.
What if you own a cat and a dog - does it balance your IQ out? Does it mean you read Chekhov and the News of the World?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 1:13pm
I've had both. :Z
I don't have any pets does that make me Kim Ung-Yong?
Just because you have a pussy it doesn't mean you're clever at all. I knew a girl who had one and she was bottom of the class. It was a long time ago.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 7:02pm
Originally Posted by bert1
This also proves one more thing, the better educated you are, the less hygienic you must become, for cats do like to walk and lay on tables, worktops and cookers, all the places where food is prepared and eaten.

Only if you train them up that way, they do. None of my cat's ever have done, and have never shown any particular want to do so.

A dog would, if it was able to and you trained it to do so.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 7:21pm
wtf confused
Posted By: abcdefgh Re: Cat owners 'more educated than dog owners' - 9th Feb 2010 7:24pm
All I can say is dont believe everything that you read!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral