Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Speed Camera Fines Driver Of Parked Car - 22nd Jan 2010 1:17pm
A man from Nottingham has been caught "driving" at 0mph by a speed camera - not once but twice.
[Linked Image]
Jeff Buck, 55, has received two fines in the post and letters of intended prosection for the offences.

His parked car had been snapped by a speed camera on his street, apparently as other cars sped past.

The latest incident occured on 13 December 2009.

Nottinghamshire Police claimed he was snapped while driving his Vauxhall Zafira at 37mph in a 30mph zone.

When Mr Buck demanded to see the photographs, police dropped the case.

The problem for Mr Buck is the camera is situated outside his home where his car is parked.

When speeding drivers are caught by the camera, his car is snapped too and he gets sent the fine by mistake.

Mr Buck said: "The photographs must presumably show two vehicles, with mine parked halfway on the pavement and road

[Linked Image]

"It's amazing that whatever system is in place cannot tell the difference between a car that is motionless and one travelling at 37mph.

"I am amused by it, but also angry that I have to go to the trouble of contacting the police.

"My only option is to park the car on the road as I don't have a garage or driveway."

Police have since apologised for the mix-up. In a statement they said: "The software used to read number plates has captured his car’s number plate in the image.

"On both occasions the offending vehicle number plates were similar to those of Mr Buck’s vehicle registration number.

"We will examine the processes and see if improvements can be made to minimise the chance of this happening again in the future."

SKY NEWS
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Speed Camera Fines Driver Of Parked Car - 22nd Jan 2010 1:23pm
raftl
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Speed Camera Fines Driver Of Parked Car - 22nd Jan 2010 1:25pm
A grinder to the base of the camera would solve his problem grin

I wonder if he was in support of the camera when they put it up think
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Speed Camera Fines Driver Of Parked Car - 22nd Jan 2010 1:28pm
Originally Posted by Beaker
I wonder if he was in support of the camera when they put it up think

That would be a right kick in the head, lol.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral