Forums
Posted By: StuyMac Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 14th Jan 2010 12:47pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Police officers filmed using riot shields to sledge down a snowy hill while on duty have been reprimanded.

The footage of a group of officers on Boars Hill, Oxford, was taken by Rick Latham on Tuesday. He posted it on the file-sharing website YouTube.

Mr Latham said they were only there for a few minutes and praised the officers for having a "sense of humour".

Supt Andrew Murray said those involved have been spoken to and advised that their actions were a "bad idea".

Source and video clip

Good on them I say grin They deserve a break from time to time with the job they do...
Them shields aren't cheap. They'll be using cop cars to go to the chippy next.
haha love it. thats class. shudda pushed him off a cliff backwards tho. woulda been well better laugh
lol, good on em! They prob deserved a little telling off from their SO but I think i'd of done the same too, especially with the lack of sledges about at the mo!
Nice big slope to get down. That's it...for my birthday I want a snowy slope and a riot shield grin
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

They all ready do! lol
Looks like fun. Obviously on duty, so deserved to be reprimanded. Keep it to off-hours, you're a policeman, ffs.
Posted By: Wench Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 14th Jan 2010 7:29pm
Good on them I say - they're only human after all. The snow brings out the child in most people. I know my Mum was like a child today telling me that she'd walked on the virgin snow on the golf course this morning raftl

At least it shows how solid and tough the riot shields are - he went a long way on such a little bit of plastic wink
Posted By: Tilly Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 14th Jan 2010 10:48pm
Originally Posted by Garygadge

They all ready do! lol

yep and macdonalds in Liscard laugh
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 15th Jan 2010 12:45am
Originally Posted by Garygadge

They all ready do! lol

I think Bandycoot already knew and was being abit sarcastick there wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 15th Jan 2010 12:53am
laugh lol, seen this on the news t`day laugh
Originally Posted by Wench
Good on them I say - they're only human after all. The snow brings out the child in most people. I know my Mum was like a child today telling me that she'd walked on the virgin snow on the golf course this morning raftl

At least it shows how solid and tough the riot shields are - he went a long way on such a little bit of plastic wink

What handicap does your mum play off then Wench?
laffin
Posted By: Wench Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 17th Jan 2010 12:12pm
Bandy - loon raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Oxford riot shield sledging police officers... - 18th Jan 2010 12:47am
It reminds me of that sledge bit in Lampoons Christmas Vacation film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo58oWW09qQ

cry
© Wirral-Wikiwirral