Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wogan to host final Radio 2 breakfast show - 18th Dec 2009 3:39am
Sir Terry Wogan to host final Radio 2 breakfast show

Sir Terry Wogan is set to host his last ever Radio 2 Breakfast Show later after 27 years presenting the programme.
[Linked Image]
Last week he was inducted into the Radio Academy Hall and also received the PRS John Peel Outstanding Contribution to Music award.

Wake Up to Wogan is the UK's most popular breakfast radio show, with 7.93 million listeners each week.

Sir Terry has asked that his legion of followers show his replacement, Chris Evans, the same "decency and devotion".

The veteran Irish broadcaster was set to stay in London overnight for the first time ever before the show, rather than heading home to Buckinghamshire.

He did not want any of the predicted snowfalls to interfere with his final broadcast.

The presenter is normally brought to his studio by a driver shortly before the show is on air.

Sir Terry said: "It would be typical, wouldn't it, to have it come down in bucketloads."

Evans paid a visit to Sir Terry's show on Thursday, during which he spoke of the daunting task he faced in following such a popular figure.

"They're massive shoes and a little me," he said.

He went on: "Can I just say that everyone in our business wishes you so well and thank you so much for being so brilliant.

"No one can come close to you. I know this is embarrassing for you, I know you don't want to hear it but it's all true."

Meanwhile, Sir Terry said he was pleased Evans would be his successor.

He said: "I hope that my listeners will treat you with the same respect and decency and devotion that they've always shown to me. I'm sure they will.

"I expect them to take you to their bosoms."

Sir Terry will host his final show from 0730 GMT Today 18th december.

THE BBC
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wogan to host final Radio 2 breakfast show - 18th Dec 2009 3:48am
Im gutted about this, but not cos of Wogan, instead cos Chris Evans won't be on drivetime anymore, and he is fkin ace!!

Im never likely to hear him again... im never up at such a stupid hour of day haha!

frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral