Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Be Very Afraid - 30th Oct 2009 4:47pm
Schools now have to record "racist incidents" where kids get down to a bit of name calling, I think we've all done it when young. These incidents are usually playground exchanges among children so young that they have no concept of race. All of this used to be dealt with by teachers.
A new database is being set up called "ContactPoint" and its being setup to hold the details of every child in the land, including information as to the existence of any cause for conern in relation to them. This is seen to be a subjective and open-ended phrase which is almost bound to include very sensitive information about a child. People are wondering if it will include "racist tendencies" which are in the forefront of the news at the moment. Since the information on "ContactPoint" is not erased until kids reach the age of 24 an accusation of racism could follow a child from nursery to adulthood.

We really are turning into East Germany.

busted
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Be Very Afraid - 30th Oct 2009 4:50pm
Kind of worrying, but it may do some good, who knows tbh. I think the schools would be better placed to educated children about respecting other races, cultures and religions rather than just creating "racist" databases.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Be Very Afraid - 30th Oct 2009 5:07pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Kind of worrying, but it may do some good, who knows tbh. I think the schools would be better placed to educated children about respecting other races, cultures and religions rather than just creating "racist" databases.

It's not just the "racist" bit that will be on there, it will be a full record of that kid except for when he goes for a crap. Little kids have no concept of race but an awareness of who is winding them up and say the first thing that comes into their heads. It won't only be white kids on this thing. To have something round your neck until you are 24 is a bit ott. I've got a record for drunk and disorderly when I was 18 (and I wasn't) but I've had to declare it on every application I put in because I was involved in National Security stuff. It never leaves you and kids shouldn't be saddled with it, I reckon.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Be Very Afraid - 30th Oct 2009 5:15pm
When my son was in year 4, we got hauled in to see the head because of 'serious concern' that would be recorded and sent on to secondary school. The crime? He had called a white boy a paki. He did not know what a paki is, just knew it was an insult.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Be Very Afraid - 31st Oct 2009 3:13pm
MODERATOR NOTICE: all topics that are posted in the news forums must have a link to the source.

if you could please BandyCoot smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Be Very Afraid - 1st Nov 2009 11:37am
Fine jase, just something I read in the paper and put my own spin on it.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Be Very Afraid - 2nd Nov 2009 8:36pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Fine jase, just something I read in the paper and put my own spin on it.

"Citation needed" grin
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Be Very Afraid - 2nd Nov 2009 8:59pm
"this article is a stub. you can help wikiwirral by expanding it."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral