Forums
Posted By: Pomp NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 9:38am
Originally Posted by news.com.au
A FILM clip made for the UK's National Health Service has drawn criticism for its graphic depiction of a schoolgirl giving birth in a playground while being watched by students.

The film's shocking content saw it pulled from video-sharing website YouTube, but it has since reappeared on the site in several forms.

The video clip was made for the NHS in a bid to cut the rising number of teenage pregnancies across the UK, and appears to show real footage shot on a mobile phone.

Shocked viewers responded strongly to the playground birth video, with comments ranging from "pretty sick" to: "Are they that bored in Leicester?"

Tim Rideout, chief executive of NHS Leicester City, told UK website Metro.co.uk: "We know this film is hard-hitting but so are the numbers of under-18s getting pregnant in Leicester.

"Nearly half the city's wards are classed as teen pregnancy 'hotspots'."

He said that traditional marketing, such as leaflets and posters, did not get the teenage sex and pregnancy message across to many of the target demographic.

Warning: Video contains graphic content!

[youtube]frHOZn3tpdQ[/youtube]

Source

Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 9:47am
IS THAT REAL!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 11:11am
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
IS THAT REAL!!!!!!!!!

smile
Originally Posted by Pomp

The video clip was made for the NHS in a bid to cut the rising number of teenage pregnancies across the UK, and appears to show real footage shot on a mobile phone.
Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 11:14am
I did read it, i promise i did Jase!

I still thought it might of been real blush like it happened and then the NHS was like can we use it!

Haha i failed!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 11:45am
laugh
Posted By: MGCraig Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 11:49am
Fake, but still sickening raftl
Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 11:54am
I know its fake now, and even by looking at it now it doesnt look that real, still affective!
raftl Only in Leicester...
Posted By: Token Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 19th May 2009 5:29pm
I have a feeling that the children they are attempting to target, have unfortunately become so desensitised that I dont think that video will do much more than make them laugh....
Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:06pm
i know when i was in school, they showed us an actually story about a young girl, and watched her give birth and you seen it all, was sick! [but at the same time amazing, i guess?]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:09pm
We had a video in biology that must have been at least 20 years old as the woman and her partner looked like total hippies. She had the hairiest chuff this side of Kazakhstan.

Most kids in the room were probably 'sick in their mouthes'.
One lad decided from that moment on that the word 'afterbirth' was a good insult for people.
Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:34pm
hahaha!! Yer we watched loads of videos in school!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:36pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
She had the hairiest chuff this side of Kazakhstan.

Its strange, the things we remember raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:39pm
It was literally like a hairy-faced man with no teeth spitting a baby out.
Posted By: Peachy Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 20th May 2009 12:42pm
Stuy she's no lying i remeber a women like that! And they zoomed right in!
Posted By: Token Re: NHS releases YouTube playground birth video - 21st May 2009 4:00pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
It was literally like a hairy-faced man with no teeth spitting a baby out.

raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl

© Wirral-Wikiwirral