Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:09pm
This is horrific.

This is the shocking moment a car careened into spectators waiting to greet the Dutch queen, leaving an estimated four people dead.

The town of Apeldoorn in the Netherlands was waiting for the arrival of Queen Beatrix's motorcade amid celebrations for the nation's Queen's Day.

But as they waited a car sped through the crowd, sending around 20 people flying through the air.

Shocked onlookers speculated it was an attack on the Dutch royal family.

Shocking
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:14pm
Shocking
Posted By: Wench Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:28pm
That's bad!!
Was it deliberate or was the guy taken ill?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:30pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Was it deliberate or was the guy taken ill?
I'm beginning to wonder that now - the car is smashed up before it hits the monument - but is that because it just hit 20 people?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:31pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Was it deliberate

I imagine it will transpire to that being the case frown
Posted By: Wench Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 1:31pm
It apparently went through 2 sets of barriers so who knows. I'm sure it will all come to light soon enough.
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 7:38pm
Motives unclear

The driver of the car, a 38-year old Dutchman, survived the crash but sustained serious injuries.

Fire-fighters removed him from the wreckage of the car. Police then took him to hospital for medical treatment and questioning

Public prosecutor Ludo Goossens told journalists in Apeldoorn that the suspect's condition was life-threatening, and that he would be charged with murder and attempting to harm the royal family if he survives.

Police say the man confessed to attempting to ram the open-top bus carrying the 71-year-old queen as well as Crown Prince Willem- Alexander and his wife Maxima.

source
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Shocking moment car ploughs into crowd - 30th Apr 2009 8:03pm
Why was this mother fooker not killed by a sniper may i ask?

Ill my ass! Torture this ...! mad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral