Forums
Posted By: xxbad_babexx New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:45pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7822176.stm

this is bad please read
Posted By: MissGuided Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:48pm
Maybe it wasn't a woman, maybe it was a teenager. Very sad. I hope the mother is found ok.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:50pm
yeah me 2 why leave a new born in a bush tho mad
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:54pm
That is sad,well done to them 3 lads.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:55pm
Lots of reasons - fear being the biggest. She may have been hiding her pregnancy from her parents and couldn't exactly bring a baby home out of the blue. She may have been raped or even sexually abused by a relative, friend or boyfriend, hence a pregnancy that she felt too ashamed to reveal. She might be underage and afraid that her boyfriend could get into trouble - especially if he is older. It could have been a woman having an affair having to hide her pregnancy and baby from her boyfriend/husband. A woman recently tried to flush her stillborn baby down the toilet to hide it from her partner.

I doubt that when a girl/woman does this kind of thing she is not in her right mind - especially having just endured labour - a shock for anyone, especially first time.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:58pm
thats the point i wouldnt even do that if my ex got me prego
Posted By: MissGuided Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 5:59pm
who knows what goes through people's minds when they find themselves in a desperate situation.
Posted By: xxbad_babexx Re: New born found in bushes - 10th Jan 2009 6:01pm
yeahhhh
Posted By: Anonymous mother of dumped baby 'questioned by police' - 11th Jan 2009 3:12pm
The teenage mother of a newborn baby girl found abandoned in a school playing field was helping police piece together what happened.

She contacted officers following their appeal to trace her and has been given medical attention.

The baby was a few hours old when she was found on Saturday afternoon in a school field in Kempston, Bedford.

She was unclothed apart from the pink blanket wrapped around her, and also partially covered by twigs and leaves.

Police took her to Bedford Hospital South Wing where nurses named her Chloe.

A Bedford Police spokeswoman said: "The mother has been found.

"She has come forward today and made herself known to the police.

"She is a teenage girl who does live locally to where the baby was found."

The baby remains in the care of the hospital.

She was found at 1.30pm on Saturday and had not spent long out in the cold, police said.

The two teenagers who found the child, along with an older boy who drove them to the hospital, were praised by police for their "quick and speedy efforts".
omg just imagine what could of happened to the baby tho
Sounds like this story is coming to a happy ending.Both mother and baby are fine.
ok thanks you guys and gurls smile laugh smile laugh
Posted By: Anonymous No charges over abandoned newborn - 11th Jan 2009 7:06pm
The mother of a baby girl abandoned on a school playing field in Bedford will not face charges, police have said.

Baby Chloe, who was less than three hours old, was left wrapped in a pink blanket and covered with twigs at Daubeney Middle School in Kempston.

She was discovered by teenagers and taken to Bedford Hospital South Wing, where police said she was doing well.

The newborn's teenage mother contacted police on Saturday night and is now being helped by social services.

'Social Services matter'

Bedfordshire Police said the baby was progressing well.

She was named Chloe by the nurses who cared for her after the two 16-year-olds who found her on Saturday afternoon brought her to the hospital.

Police said she weighed 6.5lbs (2.96kg).

A spokeswoman said police would take no further action against the mother, who she said lives locally.

She said: "She won't be facing charges. This is now a matter for social services."

Officers appealed for help in tracing the mother after the baby was found.

They feared she could have been in need of urgent medical treatment.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral