Forums
Posted By: Anonymous SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 30th Dec 2008 2:43am
THOUSANDS of Brits are refusing to look for a job because they can rake in more than £30,000 a year in benefits.

An amazing 20,000 households collect more than that figure and a whopping 140,000 families claim over £20,000 a year.

And it means some will not even consider hunting for work because it’s so much easier to sit back and let the state support them.

Shadow Work and Pensions Secretary Chris Grayling branded the figures “shameful”.

He added: “I think most hard-working people will find it astonishing.

“To have a situation where so many households are getting such great sums of money from a welfare state just serves to undermine the vast majority of people who work hard for their money.

“It creates a shameful situation where people can live a life on benefits. It really is time the Government got a grip on Britain’s benefits culture.”

The Conservatives said many families – like telly’s Royle Family – collecting handouts were better off than those with somebody in work.

It’s a kick in the teeth for British workers, half of whom take home less than £20,000.

The shock figures come weeks after it emerged that even shamed kidnap mum Karen Matthews was collecting more than £400 a week in tax-free benefits before she faked her daughter Shannon’s disappearance.

Half of all full-time women workers earn less than £21,424 a year. And one in ten full-time workers earns less than £13,613 a year before taxes.

Britain’s total benefits bill is now £61billion a year.

Whitehall poured scorn on the figures last night, claiming the numbers were mainly families with disabled adults or children.

A spokesman for Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell said the Government was bringing in new rules to make life on benefit less easy.

He said: “This is classic Tory hypocrisy. It’s time Chris Grayling got serious on welfare reform,” he added.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 30th Dec 2008 11:33am
here here, to any one here claimin benifits with out real need........give your heads a wobble.
Posted By: jonah Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 30th Dec 2008 1:39pm
u mean brits actually get benefits, i thought they were just given to all the foreigners and illegal immigrant ... coming to sponge off us all.......
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 30th Dec 2008 2:17pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
here here, to any one here claimin benifits with out real need........give your heads a wobble.

withthat
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 30th Dec 2008 2:57pm
Originally Posted by jonah
u mean brits actually get benefits, i thought they were just given to all the foreigners and illegal immigrant ... coming to sponge off us all.......

It is the foreigners who is getting all the benefits,they are referred to as Brits cos they "apparently" are British citizens.
Posted By: Shambo Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 31st Dec 2008 9:45am
Conservatives sticking the boot into the poor and disabled shocker...
Posted By: SoundLad Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 31st Dec 2008 11:28am
That is disgusting so im slaving away cleaning a shop and looking after it for £6.00 an hour and all i get is a smack in the face when i see shit like this in the paper cause i know some of my tax money goes on the likes of this. GET back to work you lazy f*****s and give people with disabillty who actually need it a chance to get money cause i can gurantee the social look after smack heads more than every day people they jump the queues and always get 1st class service we normal people who work get told to f*** off anyone ever been told your unsucessful ?? terrible
Posted By: hoseman Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 31st Dec 2008 2:51pm
I hate work dodgers n benefit scroungers!! I work 24/7 running my own business, then get walloped with TAX and NI payments!!
ALL YOU FOOKING SCROUNGERS CAN KISS MY ARSE!!! somad

I must have about 8 families around me who i know DONT / WONT work! I will not talk to them, treat them as human or piss on them if on fire!
Im with you Lee, £6.00 an hr is a kick in the balls!!
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: SCROUNGERS WON'T WORK FOR LESS THAN £30K - 31st Dec 2008 3:56pm
... BAGS

I hate benefit scroungers, get off your lazy fat arses and get a job !!

My mate is exactly the same, he's on disability, so getting benefits and driving a brand new car just because he's over weight
© Wirral-Wikiwirral