Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Nora Batty Actor, Kathy Staff Dies, Aged 80. - 14th Dec 2008 3:12pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Actress Kathy Staff, who played Nora Batty in long-running BBC One sitcom Last Of The Summer Wine, has died.

The 80-year-old, who was born in Dukinfield, Greater Manchester, also played cleaner Doris Luke in long-running ITV soap Crossroads. She also appeared in Emmerdale Farm, Coronation Street, and with David Jason and Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours.

Last of the Summer Wine producer Alan Bell told BBC News the actress had been ill for some time.

"We're distraught, but we have very fond memories of her," he said.

Battleaxe Nora Batty proved to be her most enduring character. She appeared in 243 episodes of the Yorkshire-based comedy, beginning in the very first episode in January 1973. She made her last appearance in August. Mr Bell said she often yearned for her character to be more gentle.

Nooooo! Gutted man, LOTSW is one of my all time faveourite programmes. Only Clegg to go now, realistically, before I think it will run out of time.

Ive still got the whole of the last series to watch hehe.

frown

BBC News Report
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Nora Batty Actor, Kathy Staff Dies, Aged 80. - 14th Dec 2008 3:37pm
she was the fitty of oap's

I caught my grandad havin many a sly one to that program
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Nora Batty Actor, Kathy Staff Dies, Aged 80. - 14th Dec 2008 3:39pm
raftl
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Only Clegg to go now, realistically, before I think it will run out of time.

Hope not, or we lose the voice of Wallace.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral