Forums
Posted By: Morseman I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 8:30am
Sorry but I am mad. Not mad in the bonkers sense but mad with anger at the insensitivity of the BBC once again.

Ross and Brand are being villified and quite rightly in my humble but this morning on "Breakfast" who do the BBC bring out to comment on this? None other than the man who caused more grief to people than Ross or Brand could ever hope to emulate. Yes Mr Kelvin MacKenzie former editor of the Sun. It's like Ian Brady being invited to comment on Herod's treatment of children.

I know the BBC have had thousands if not hundreds of thousands of complaints about employing this man in any capacity yet they seem to delight in seeking controversy and drag him out periodically. I can only assume that they do it on purpose? I have emailed Breakfast, and the complaints department of the BBC. Nothing will be done as usual but I have to try.

I had to get it off my chest so apologies if in the wrong place or shouldn't be posted at all.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 10:23am
Have you seen Andrew Sachs's grand-daughter?
Posted By: jonno40 Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 12:59pm
this is her

Attached picture 087n[1].jpg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:07pm
dunno

Attached picture manuel.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:07pm
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! raftl

I have to say this whole thing has made me mad for different reasons. This country is full of people who wish to complain about anything and everything!

In the grand scheme of things, it concerns nobody but the Sachs family.

His Grand-daughters' career will no doubt take off because of this - after all, publicity is publicity. Who had actually heard of her or her music career before this whole hoo-harr??

Get a grip is my reply - nobody died so what's the problem??
Posted By: AX_125 Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:11pm
It is just because it was done in bad taste.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:15pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! raftl

I have to say this whole thing has made me mad for different reasons. This country is full of people who wish to complain about anything and everything!

In the grand scheme of things, it concerns nobody but the Sachs family.

His Grand-daughters' career will no doubt take off because of this - after all, publicity is publicity. Who had actually heard of her or her music career before this whole hoo-harr??

Get a grip is my reply - nobody died so what's the problem??

withstupid whistle withstupid

no i had never heard of her or her music
Posted By: scoops Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:21pm
What's really annoying me is the way the complaints have increased.
After the broadcast 1500 complaints
Lunchtime yesterday 5000 complaints
Teatime yesterday 10,000 complaints
Lunchtime today 18,000 complaints

Did all the extra people wait to complain or is it a case of jumping on the bandwagon.

I can just imagine the calls now.
"Hello is that the BBC? I want to complain about something that I didn't hear but it was on the news that people were complaining and I'm sure that if I had heard it I would be offended.
I don't pay my license fee to be exposed to filth such as this, even though I wasn't actually exposed to it but I could have been and that's the whole point" etc. doh smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:22pm
Tbh, for a radio programme to provoke upwards of 20,000 complaints, it must have been extremely distasteful. When something bad on TV occurs, the most you ever see even from the likes of EE and Corrie (which gain 12million+ viewers per episode) is a few hundred complaints.

From what I understand, the language used was obscene as well, so that may have prompted some anger; I have seen many radio stations, even the biggest ones like talkSPORT sack presenters who have used foul language on air.

The BBC should not, as the only publically funded PSB, be seen to endorse such behaviour, both the language and content where out of order for the BBC Code Of Conduct, and I believe the BBC Trust and Ofcom should come down heavily on the situation, if the BBC are not seen to deal with it in an effective manner.

Russell Brand will be no loss to anyone, I hope Jonathan Ross don't go though.
Posted By: Morseman Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:35pm
I think some are missing the point. It is nothing to do with Ross or Brand but the fact that the BBC used Mackenzie to comment on it.

This is the guy who accused Merseysiders of some terrible things at Hillsborough which were proven to be false.

I am not a band wagon jumper and don't care about this woman whom I note has already been interviewed by the Sun. Personally I would rather choke on my own vomit than have anything to do with that rag but no doubt they are paying her a fortune.
Posted By: scoops Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 1:50pm
You're right Morseman, sorry about going OT.
I agree with you about the ... I mean Sun. Hang on I was right the first time.
If it was a choice between wiping my a*se with that rag or a handful of broken glass and rusty nails I say bring on the glass and nails.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 2:00pm
what a lot dont know is that mr Mackenzie is the chairman and chief executive of The mirror.
Posted By: Morseman Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 4:18pm
Originally Posted by _jase_
what a lot dont know is that mr Mackenzie is the chairman and chief executive of The mirror.

Which Mirror would that be? Sly Bailey is the Chief exec of the Daily Mirror from what I have found. I am making more enquiries but somehow I doubt this to be true. No more Mirror for me if so!
Posted By: Morseman Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 4:49pm
Just had an email from one of the Mirror's well known columnists. He confirms that MacKenzie is nothing to do with the Mirror and is a columnist for the ....
Posted By: Wench Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 6:23pm
http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvsho...-dancer-goth-centre-BBC-radio-prank.html

Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 6:24pm
Well at least this means the girl can now afford to buy herself a washing machine - dirty bird always seems to have the same basque on!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 7:44pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698417.stm

For someone to quit over it speaks volumes about the seriousness of the incident imho. Maybe the 18,000+ complaints were justified...

wink
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 9:35pm
maybe people should get over themselvrs! if i see or hear something I dont like I turn it off or over. Thease peopole should get out more!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 9:41pm
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
maybe people should get over themselvrs! if i see or hear something I dont like I turn it off or over. Thease peopole should get out more!

I hear exactly what you are saying, and agree with it; however, the BBC is a publically funded service, and should not be seen to endorse this type of crap from their staff.

Whether people had complained or not makes no difference to what the consequences should be. The fact of the matter is, people are allowed to complain, and they have. I know a lot of people are too comfortable and have nothing better to do in their sad little lives than complain about stupid things, but 18,000 complaints is almost unprecidented, so it must have been extremely out of order.

The Brits are known for being too relaxed, too stubborn/stupid to complain in most situations etc, yet the moment people do, they are frowned upon by those that dont.

If nobody ever complained, the media would get away with murder, its the only thing that keeps them in check. However there are a LOT of stupid complaints, such as the 118 complaints Ofcom recieved regarding a gay kiss on Eastenders a few weeks back, I mean wtf!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 9:50pm
edited, bit heartbreaking for the gay community raftl
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 9:52pm
the most appropiate punishment would be to hang Russell Brand methinks!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 10:00pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
edited, bit heartbreaking for the gay community raftl

Thought original comment was better!!!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: I'm mad - 29th Oct 2008 11:23pm
what percent of actual listeners are so disgusted? not heard it but it might have had high comedy value. entertaining for us paupers who aint made a fortune from saying k?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:05am
Its all a publicity stunt

I say good riddance to them all

And a merry Christmas to you
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:19am
I couldnt care less what was actually said. It may have been distasteful, but end of the day, only one good thing can come from this....

That Hopefully Russel Brand realises that he is an utter C.ock, and desreves to..
a)Die in a Fire
b)Choke on Barbed Wire
c)Fall on broken glass etc etc...

Hes not funny, he wears horriffically gay clothes, and has needed a haircut since the age of 7. Good Riddance...

Hope Johnathan Ross doesnt get dealt too bad a hand though...
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:22am
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
I couldnt care less what was actually said. It may have been distasteful, but end of the day, only one good thing can come from this....

That Hopefully Russel Brand realises that he is an utter C.ock, and desreves to..
a)Die in a Fire
b)Choke on Barbed Wire
c)Fall on broken glass etc etc...

Hes not funny, he wears horriffically gay clothes, and has needed a haircut since the age of 7. Good Riddance...

Hope Johnathan Ross doesnt get dealt too bad a hand though...

raftl

I like your multi choice - a.) please - as its seems like a thorough resolution - you could still live from the others
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:24am
Ill see what can be arranged. Being good friends with many Pasty faced street Urchins around Camden, and on good speaking terms with Julien Barrat and Noel Fielding (Of The Mighty Boosh fame), Im sure something can take place
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:25am
ok - i'll donate a fiver to the cause

*name dropper* lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:26am
Ill see what can be arranged. Being good friends with many Pasty faced street Urchins around Camden, and on good speaking terms with Julien Barrat and Noel Fielding (Of The Mighty Boosh fame), Im sure something can take place

Yeah man happy get me their autographs wink
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:28am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Yeah man happy get me their autographs wink

Bum-sucker
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:30am
WOW !!!! Another Boosh Fan....

When I was helping my bro do his deliveries one month last year in London, we were in Soho. I saw Capello leave the F.A Building, ust being named England Manager, but even more exciting, saw Julian Barret walk past our Truck at some traffic lights.

I wound down the window, and shouted "Im stuck in a Metaphorical box"..and he simply turned round Laughed and gave me the thumbs up.

Happiest day of my life laugh
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:37am
my claim to fame is seeing sinbad walk out a pub in Liverpool

oh and of course sharing a pint with Kelly Jones in the Lomax just before they signed to Virgin - that was the best gig ever.

*name dropper*
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:38am
Holy !!!!!!!

The Coolest man in Rock....

How was he to talk to ???
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:39am
lol. madness, we actually bought series 1,2 asnd 3 before from tescos laugh

Let the mighty crack fox live on laugh

Description: Yerrrrr!
Attached picture DSCF3129_650x487.jpg
Posted By: MissGuided Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:40am
Holy f.u.c.k !!!!!!!

The Coolest man in Rock....

How was he to talk to ???

Short and Welsh - quite sweet and quiet actually compared to the gravel voice on stage - the floor rocked that night
Posted By: MGCraig Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 12:41am
Too Right..... Series 1 is the best... Best Character by far though....

Tony Harrison - "Ohhhh.....this is an Outraaaaaage....."

Or, The Hitcher.. or Old Greg...dammit..theres too many to choose..

I wouldnt mind meeting mr Jones sorry
Posted By: Shambo Re: I'm mad - 30th Oct 2008 1:32pm
My turn to namedrop then.
I've met Kelly Jones.. at the same time I offered to punch his ex drummer Stuart Cable. He'd just thrown my radio mic off the stage, in a drugged up rock and roll stylee, at an awards ceremony in Cardiff town hall.
I left the mixing desk at the back of the room, walked through the tables to the front of the stage, picked up the shattered and expensive mic, (for which the promoter was invoiced the price of a new one), and mimed in front of the audience..."me", *points to myself* ,"and you" ,*points to Mr Cable* ,"outside you c*nt". (I'm not an aggro man but I was about 15 hours into a 24 hour working day and in a foul mood). He laughed nervously and slinked off stage with his minder, while the paying guests waited whilst I retrieved a spare mic from backstage so the evening could continue. Mr Jones just looked abit embaressed.
By the time I got to the VIP/hospitality area to find him he was long gone.

Good times. raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral