Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 22nd Jul 2008 7:04am
Originally Posted by BBC News
Some prisoners are living and sleeping in toilets because of jail overcrowding, a report says.

HM Inspectorate of Prisons found Doncaster jail held almost 200 more inmates than it had been intended for.

Two-man cells had been turned into three-man cells by putting an extra bed in the toilet area.

Meanwhile, a separate report from the Commons justice committee says the government's sentencing policies are adding to overcrowding in prisons.

Hmmmmm... I fail to see what the problem is exactly??

BBC News Report
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 22nd Jul 2008 7:10am
Fackin `A`!

Do their rip, little rats deserve it! mad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 22nd Jul 2008 7:14am
Originally Posted by Totopop
Fackin `A`!

Do their rip, little rats deserve it! mad

Exactly; my idea is that prison life is far too comfortable for them anyway, hence there is a lack of deterrent in the system as a whole, criminals see prison as a modern Butlins Holiday Camp!

I say bring back dungeons personally, with only bread and water for food and no access to radio, newspapers, TV's or games consoles, just intellectual books, a small basic gym for excercise and access to training courses to help them for the future... oh an make them work for the country, without pay! It's about time the prisoners paid for themselves and a financial debt to society instead of costing the taxpayer billions each year! And forget the private sector, bring back our troops from Iraq and have them run the places, with a "bad lads army-esque" military regime.

Having to sleep next to a toilet is luxury compared to the treatment they should be getting!!
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 22nd Jul 2008 10:19am
It's not fair that these people get looked after better than we do.. all these sodding do good people saying it's not fair that they have to share cells.. they are criminals, like Matty said they should be thrown in a dungeon. "oh you cant do that to them, it's not fair on their human rights", like crap it's not.. tell that to the familys of the people they kill, rape, mug and beat up.

My dad was telling me when he was in jail (long time ago, back in his younger days) he had to share a cell loads smaller than the ones now with 3 other people, they didnt have all the luxerys, just gym, meal, shower and work time. Playstation, internet and Sky TV werent available.. Gawd i hate these human rights people lol
Posted By: hoseman Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 23rd Jul 2008 7:20pm
I say toilets are too good for the ...! What a luxury, all that free running water and soft absorbant paper!!
Do away with all the do gooders!!! somad
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 23rd Jul 2008 7:44pm
Do my original Idea I said many a moon ago..

Bring back Prison Ships, hard to escape from, if they catch fire and sink, no big downer on any loss of life...cram them into the smallest places possible, no real amenities, make life hell for them, as they sure as hell ruin lie for others...

Thats the only way people might be coerced from committing crime

Chant with me people..

Prison Ships !!
Prison Ships !!
Prison Ships !!
Prison Ships !!
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 2:53am
i agree with craig
Posted By: jonah Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 2:56am
they commit petty crimes like shoplifting, so they can go to prison where they know they can learn a real trade like armed robbery..........
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 2:57am
the criminal justice system in the uk is a load of crap
Posted By: jonah Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 2:58am
did u mean to use that play on words ? lol
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 3:04am
no, but it fits quite well
Posted By: jonah Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 3:08am
as would a prisoners head in the toilet pan, just before it was flushed.....
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 25th Jul 2008 4:38pm
Originally Posted by jonah
as would a prisoners head in the toilet pan, just before it was flushed.....

raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 29th Jul 2008 12:08pm
would you still think the same if you had a friend/lovedone/family in prison?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 29th Jul 2008 12:32pm
Yes, if someone I knew, friend or Family, had broken the law, in such a way that they were to be punished as badly as going to jail...then they deserve to be punished. Just because it would be someone you know, doesnt mean they should get special Treatment..

Crimes like speeding etc, arent the sort of thing to get you thrown in Jail...but if youd murdered someone etc etc...then No Playstation for you
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 29th Jul 2008 8:28pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig

Crimes like speeding etc, arent the sort of thing to get you thrown in Jail...but if youd murdered someone etc etc...then No Playstation for you

Ah but what if you killed some one because you were speeding?....
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 29th Jul 2008 10:13pm
True, but if you killed someone via speeding, and it was an accident, ok youll go to jail, but surely you wouldnt be put in with rapists and peadophiles etc etc...as you wouldnt be deemed dangerous??
Posted By: Wheels Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 30th Jul 2008 8:01am
jail is jail.. people are in there for allot of different reasons. you are just pointing out the ones most talked about.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:17pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig
True, but if you killed someone via speeding, and it was an accident, ok youll go to jail, but surely you wouldnt be put in with rapists and peadophiles etc etc...as you wouldnt be deemed dangerous??

hmm..but someone will still want to play mommies and daddies...with your ass! lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:20pm
lol laugh
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:27pm
hmmm yeah...SQUEAL LITTLE PIGGY!!!!!!! SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:33pm
you sound a little too into that idea for my liking!!!! seeyu
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:33pm
zeds dead baby....
Posted By: Wench Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:41pm
Originally Posted by Tony_1985
the criminal justice system in the uk is a load of crap

I have to say, as much as I agree with this, it is not the fault of the Judiciary.

The Law as the layman knows it is not established by the Judges, or the Police for that matter - it's done by the Government, with a few old Judges on the panels.

This is why I can't give the Police grief, as they are only doing the job they have chosen within the constraints issued to them by the Government via the Laws that they create.

As Legal staff, we can only do our best to prosecute/defend within the Law too.

As for the sentencing - this is effectively established in the same way. I know some Judges who would love nothing better than to sentence people to life for certain crimes, yet their hands are tied.

Before I get lamethrower for this, I have to say that personally, I think that prison is far too easy!! They should be 10 to a cell, a bucket between them, locked up for 23.5 hours a day with only 10 mins per meal which should be a basic meal that they have to work hard for - without pay (like Brady is complaining about). If prison were a true deterrent, there would be less re-offending IMO.

Professionally, I believe everyone is entitled to representation and is innocent until proven guilty or they confess. shifty

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 9:54pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
would you still think the same if you had a friend/lovedone/family in prison?

tough shit mate, been there done that.
dont break the law and it wont happen wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:00pm
withstupid yes
Posted By: Wheels Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:00pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:02pm
lol laugh
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:04pm
eh man whats that for?
hit a nerve?
Av been in nick ok, i know what its like for family n shit, deal with it, thats life hand
Posted By: Wheels Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:10pm
[Linked Image] lol

how long was you in for?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:14pm
6 months, not funny man, not nice and nowt to be proud of.
hurts family more than the prisoner.

frown

Causes a lot of disruption.

Dont matter how long, should`nt be there anyway.

Some learn, some don`t, theres lots in there that have it as there way of life, i dissagree to the genuine `lifers` being in these conditions though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:20pm
7 times for me to learn the hard way like toto said not funny not nice and nowt to be proud of.
hurts family
Posted By: Wheels Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:22pm
i know. i am "the hurting family"

7 years...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Prisoners "Sleeping In Toilets" - 19th Aug 2008 10:22pm
sorry man, no offence frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral