Forums
Posted By: StuyMac The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 30th Jun 2008 8:51am
Anyone else think Iraq's oil stocks had anything to do with the Gulf war?????

BBC News Link
Posted By: Anonymous Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 30th Jun 2008 11:48am
yes happy
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 12:46pm
well they wont go marching in to zimbabwe to get that dictator will they? if iraq has so much oil, why do we not now benefit?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 1:00pm
Fortunatly, Mugabe hasnt invaded another country, and shown himself to have chemical / nuclear weapons to be enough of a threat to do anyhting about..... yet..... think

Iraq is producing oil, but I belive the profits are being used to rebuild the country, rather than supply the west with cheap oil frown
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 1:07pm
nato and the government should take note of the human cost and their own will about who should govern them. being forced at gunpoint to vote for a man who has scared off the opposition with violence and is the only candidate anyway is a huge deprivation of a basic human right, i thought that was what nato was for
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 5:44pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
nato and the government should take note of the human cost and their own will about who should govern them. being forced at gunpoint to vote for a man who has scared off the opposition with violence and is the only candidate anyway is a huge deprivation of a basic human right, i thought that was what nato was for

i totally agree with this as this is a fair comment as nato need to start lookin more closer at the human cost and the job there out there to do and as for bein forced to vote at gunpoint well lets just say im glad im not over there but then the lenghs you go to just to make sure of winnin mmmmmmmmm can anyone imaagine labour doin that lol
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 6:05pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac
Anyone else think Iraq's oil stocks had anything to do with the Gulf war?????

BBC News Link

well first things first....

The gulf war happened 2 August 1990 – 28 February 1991 .....what happened in 2003 wasnt the gulf war....it was an invasion "to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people."

As for Iraq asking for help in developing oil - all middle eastern countries are struggling to produce oil - Saudi is the biggest provider and even their oil counts are dropping, so it isnt just Iraq. However, I dont quite feel the invasion to Iraq has caused the drop in oil globally - to be honest it is just the fact that our world is running out of oil - it was due to happen some time or other....

Saddam Hussein stopped and barred certain oil companies from buying into their oil - now that Iraq have been given their freedom back, they are doing whats right for their country.

The oil reduction in Iraq has nothing to do with either The Gulf War, or the invasion into Iraq in 2003.

Also, do bare in mind, that Saddam was taken from power due to the harsh punishments he had, and how he made mass graves all over his country - how he didnt give the freedom to his people...and the fact he supported terrorism, so maybe him loosing power and maybe a (slight)natural decrease in oil isnt a bad thing in the bigger scheme of things.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 1st Jul 2008 10:44pm
Ahhh, thats what the Government said, "to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction (WMD), to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people." But the fact that no WMDs were ever actually found, sounds a bit suspicious. Also, the fact that Saddam had been treating the country so badly for so long, and No Allied forces did anything about it Originally also sounds a bit weird.

The main reason, is that George Bush Jnr wanted to finish what Bush Snr had started. For that, he needed an "Excuse", aka the WMDs. Also, remember that Saddam wasnt the only one who supported the Terrorist actions, so why "Pick on him"???

Seems a bit fishy that as soon as the Allied forces landed in Iraq, the Oil Fields were set alight, and the first thing the British and Americans did was to extinguish these fires.

If the Allied forces really cared about those sort of actions, how come nothing has been done as of yet about North Korea??????
Or even Iran with its own Nuclear Program????
Posted By: mike849 Re: The real reason for the Gulf War..... - 4th Jul 2008 11:57am
most wars have a hidden political agenda gone are the days when we went to war with a country because they were a threat now its mostly for comodities like oil and for leaders to gain political momentum when an election is due i was posted to the falklands last year and theres nothing there so why fight for it? i heard thats theres a load of oil under it but they just dont know how to get to it yet but was the price of cheaper oil really worth all our boys dying in iraq? lets just see if obama keeps to his word and lets the troops leave iraq when they are needed in afghanistan. we wouldnt go to war with north korea as its to risky everyone there is willing to die for their leader and whats there to gain theres no oil.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral