Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 30th May 2008 7:18pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
The cost of the average supermarket food shop was 5.8% higher in May than at the beginning of the year and will continue to rise, a study suggests.

The cost of fruit and vegetables has risen the most - up 16% since January, according to retail analysts Verdict.

The price of branded goods increased more than the supermarkets' own brand goods, the report said, while the cheapest ranges saw little change.

Retailers were absorbing some of the impact of price rises, Verdict said.

What I find the most dispicable, is the brand names who are obviously taking prime advantage of the media reports and increasing the price of thier goods to increase profits!!

If the non-brand name goods arnt increasing there is no reason why they brand names, whose goods are already massively overpriced to the point of being a rip off, should be increasing!!

mad

BBC News Report
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 30th May 2008 10:04pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
What I find the most dispicable, is the brand names who are obviously taking prime advantage of the media reports and increasing the price of thier goods to increase profits!!

If the non-brand name goods arnt increasing there is no reason why they brand names, whose goods are already massively overpriced to the point of being a rip off, should be increasing!!

mad

True, brand name food already takes advantage and to again raise thier prices is disgusting.
I used to work on the Jacobs biscuit factory in Liverpool and what i found out while i was there was astonishing...

Brand name Jacobs actually make the biscuits, crackers and cheese sandwiches for sainsburys, tescos and the like. omg

So in theory the people that prefer to buy the `brand named` products are actually wasting money.
You buy sainsburys `own` and what your actually getting is a `brand named` product with a cheaper name and shabby designed packet.
So the people that say "ewww i wouldn`t buy or eat that crap" are actually eating (in their eyes) `the crap cheap stuff`.

Now you know, buying own brands makes sence wink

(Just don`t buy own branded tea or coffee wink )
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 30th May 2008 10:07pm
This is the sole reason most of the stuff I but is not brand named, apart from the likes of Tea as you correctly state - the cheap stuff is utter turd!!

There are a few things that you can't really buy non-branded cos they dont taste right, but for the most part, non-branded food is ace. And at the end of the day, its all going to make a turd!

smile
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 30th May 2008 10:14pm
lol wot pisses me off in work is they put a great deal on say jersey royal potatoes (down from 4 quid to £1)... then increase the price on other things like grapes (usually black or red), and cherries, £7-8/kg for fooking cherries omg haha - y would u pay that?

supermarkets and every food store infact is a fooking rip off these days lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 30th May 2008 11:27pm
Yeah, think they got onto the fact that a lot of peeps use pack lunches these dayas too because i noticed the other day that the price of bread is astonishing omg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 12:59am
we are paying more for branded foos, because the top brand companies are havin to pay more for better quality ingreadents, were as supermarkets own branded cheap shiit is well, cheap shiit.

Its the same for the fuel, you'll pay more at shell because they use better fuel properties. were as supermarkets use shiit !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:00am
Originally Posted by sanchez
we are paying more for branded foos, because the top brand companies are havin to pay more for better quality ingreadents, were as supermarkets own branded cheap shiit is well, cheap shiit.

Its the same for the fuel, you'll pay more at shell because they use better fuel properties. were as supermarkets use shiit !

Ive never paid more at shell mate, their usually cheaper than the Tesco down the road!!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:01am
not havin that matt
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:02am
Nah it is seriously, Tesco in Bidston always seems to be a penny or 2 dearer then the Shell in Moreton... makes me laf seeing all the muppets queuing for hours to get in the place at rush hour, knowing that just over the flyover, they can get better stuff, for cheaper, and with less hassle.

tease
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:06am
Originally Posted by sanchez
not havin that matt

ur sig reminds me of texaco - the biggest fraudin fuks. yeahhhhhhhhh lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:07am
yeah they are a rip off but wtf, my sig omg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:09am
man, you baffled the shiit out of me, I've also just eaten 12 kindereggs, and the toys are all shitee
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:09am
raftl
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:10am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
yeah they are a rip off but wtf, my sig omg

u know wot, i dunno

nah shandy baby's sig reminds me me of the texaco thing... it's hard to explain lol
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:11am
maybe ur just warped
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:12am
lol, i think i know what you mea

but do you know what i mean

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:12am
im uber warped
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:13am
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

shudda got a happy meal instead Shandy!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:13am
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin
im uber warped

u said it mate haha
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:15am
i should of, I want one of them now though. cheers mat
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:17am
haha sorry mate tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:17am
24/7 @ The Rock matey smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:18am
jog on matty smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:19am
lmao
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:20am
right im of to bed, night bud !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:21am
cya matey, sleep tight!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 1:21am
And dont let the Pomps bite!
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 2:00am
urrr deffo off to bed now smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Supermarket Food Is Getting Costlier - 31st May 2008 2:15am
lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral