Forums
Posted By: Pomp Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 10th Feb 2008 6:55pm
Originally Posted by bbc
An online bidding war is taking place for a five-year-old Wispa bar.

Student Rebecca Wells, from Stoke-on-Trent, found the out-of-date Cadbury bar down the back of a sofa.

She has put it up for auction on the eBay site to raise money for the charity LAM Action, which funds research into a fatal lung disease.

The Birmingham firm stopped making Wispa bars in 2003. It brought them back as a trial in October following an internet campaign.

So far bidding for the bar has reached more than £200 - hundreds of times its original sale price.

'Childhood memento'

Ms Wells said she initially wanted to eat the bar - which was best before 28 April 2004 - when she found it.

She said: "It kind of went through my mind but I knew it was probably going to be years out of date.

"I didn't know what to do with it. I was looking for things to put on eBay when I found it so I thought I might put it on eBay and see what happens."

Peter Bonner, who led the Bring Back Wispa campaign said the auction might appeal to be people who want a memento from their childhood.

He said he thought it might sell for as much as £50.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7237724.stm

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pomp Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 10th Feb 2008 6:56pm
Holy cow!! more than £200!!!! for a gone off wispers bar omg
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 10th Feb 2008 10:06pm
Id buy it.. Put that stuff over it that keeps cakes Fresh.. Then Frame it smile but aint got the money heh!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 10th Feb 2008 11:13pm
cant find the ad on ebay???
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 10th Feb 2008 11:46pm
lol
Posted By: jonah Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 11th Feb 2008 7:57am
bet you'd still eat it tho matt, with it being chocolate !! raftl
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 11th Feb 2008 8:12pm
of course laugh
Posted By: chiccy Re: Online bids for 'rare' Wispa bar - 11th Feb 2008 10:20pm
mmm chokklitttt!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral