Forums
Posted By: Pomp Nine NHS trusts lose patient data - 23rd Dec 2007 1:40pm
Originally Posted by BBC NEWS
Nine NHS trusts in England have admitted losing patient records in a fresh case of wholesale data loss by government services, it has emerged.

Hundreds of thousands of adults and children are thought to be affected by the breaches, which emerged as part of a government-wide data security review.

The Department of Health says patients have been told and there is no evidence data has fallen into the wrong hands.

It follows losses of millions of child benefit claimant and driver details.

Archive records

The Sunday Mirror reports that one of the breaches was thought to involve the loss of names and addresses of 160,000 children by City and Hackney Primary Care Trust, after a disc failed to arrive at an east London hospital.

Another, lost by Gloucester Partnership Foundation Trust, consisted of archive records relating to patients treated 40 years ago - none of whom is still alive.

The details of what data has been lost by the other trusts have not been disclosed.

The other trusts involved are Bolton Royal Hospital, Sutton and Merton PCT, Sefton Merseyside PCT, Mid-Essex Care Trust, and Norfolk and Norwich.

The East and North Hertfordshire Trust reported a loss but has since found its missing data.

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust has reported two breaches - meaning that 10 cases have occurred in total.

Lol what are they playing at, its just getting ridiculous now.

For more information click the link below:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7158019.stm

Posted By: Pomp Re: Nine NHS trusts lose patient data - 23rd Dec 2007 1:46pm
Originally Posted by BBC NEWS
NINE TRUSTS INVOLVED
City and Hackney
Bolton Royal Hospital
Sutton and Merton
Sefton Merseyside
Mid-Essex Care Trust
Norfolk and Norwich
Gloucester Partnership Foundation Trust
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells
East and North Hertfordshire

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Nine NHS trusts lose patient data - 23rd Dec 2007 4:53pm
Oh well, whats new hehe.
Posted By: Mark Re: Nine NHS trusts lose patient data - 24th Dec 2007 1:30pm
I think the world of Fraud is the business to get into now,
as its got to be the easiest money maker now.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Nine NHS trusts lose patient data - 24th Dec 2007 1:55pm
Just realised my NHS records are kept under Merseyside & Sefton NHS as my official hospital's have always been Alder Hey till I was 18 and now Broad Green...

Gutted! grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral