Forums
Posted By: Mark 90mph police chief's driving ban - 5th Dec 2007 10:30pm
90mph police chief's driving ban

90mph in a 60mph Limit

Originally Posted by bbc
The former chair of roads policing at the Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) has been banned from driving for speeding at 90mph.

Meredydd Hughes, the chief constable of South Yorkshire, apologised after being caught on camera in a 60mph zone on the A5 at Chirk near Wrexham in May.

He stood down from his role at Acpo after he was summonsed for the offence, which happened when he was on holiday.

He was disqualified for 42 days and fined £350 by Wrexham magistrates.

More ------ Click Me

I'm Glad !
if you read the story you will see that he was the first
to pipe up about speeding and enforcing it.
Reap what you soe.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 5th Dec 2007 10:35pm
yer im glad he got what he got comming to him cause if he would of got away with that would of been a rule for one and a rule for others and i think it would of caused uproar.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 5th Dec 2007 10:38pm
lol saw this on the news - complete tool
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 5th Dec 2007 10:43pm
what comes around goes around
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 12:12am
Yeah big story on the evening news this is, quite funny really, the video of him telling people why they shouldnt speed etc...

And then months later he does the exact thing he is warning people not to do lol.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 1:07am
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Yeah big story on the evening news this is, quite funny really, the video of him telling people why they shouldnt speed etc...

And then months later he does the exact thing he is warning people not to do lol.

only to get caught TWICE lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 7:46am
How come this "person" (as this is a family show, I can't use the word that springs to mind) gets a ban of only 42 days ? You can be sure if it was you, me or other Joe Soap, it would be a somewhat longer period of disqualification !!

Doing 90mph on a single carraigeway road. MMmmmm....
Posted By: jonah Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 7:50am
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
How come this "person" (as this is a family show, I can't use the word that springs to mind) gets a ban of only 42 days ? You can be sure if it was you, me or other Joe Soap, it would be a somewhat longer period of disqualification !!

clap well said !
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 12:04pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer

Actually a 42 day ban and 350 quid fine for that IS quite a serious penalty..if you were just joe soap you wouldnt even get a ban probably!
Posted By: chriskay Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 12:16pm
Originally Posted by Auditastic

Actually a 42 day ban and 350 quid fine for that IS quite a serious penalty..if you were just joe soap you wouldnt even get a ban probably!

I was thinking that; a ban is unusual for under 100 mph, without any other factors.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 1:14pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by Auditastic

I was thinking that; a ban is unusual for under 100 mph, without any other factors.

i imagine it's more a case of how much over the limit (for that road)

ie: doing 80mph on a 30mph road etc... could be wrong tho
Posted By: chriskay Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 6th Dec 2007 3:29pm
Yes, you could be right Davey. I guess I was thinking about motorways, where less than 100 usually doesn't get a ban. Probably different on s/c roads, as you suggest.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: 90mph police chief's driving ban - 7th Dec 2007 4:04pm
i would still strongly suggest that they have made an example of him due to his job/position...
The Police are "supposed" to set good example..but they are human!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral