Forums
Posted By: Mark Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 11:09am
Lost 25m people's personal details

Now beware of identity fraud on a Huge Scale !!!!
You have been warned.

Originally Posted by www.bbc.co.uk
The government's "basic competence" has been questioned by the Tories after the loss in the post of computer discs with 25m people's personal details on them.

The child benefit data on them includes names, ages, bank and address details.

Tory George Osborne said ministers had failed in their duty to protect people, and questioned whether Alistair Darling "is up to the job" of chancellor.

Read More Click Me

Strangely enough this was highlighted on Watch Dog
but about how the inland revenue can get 2 people mixed up.
And the struggles and the problems they have had.

IMO this is Massive this storey and its implications,
25 million personal identities missing on 2 CD's out there some where.

Forget Big Brother is watching, its more like Big Brother has Lost your ......................
Posted By: chiccy Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 11:13am
apaprantly this happened a few weeks ago...duno if thats true
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 11:41am
It happened a month ago actually the goverment kept quiet.. Apprantly it was with that laptop that got stolen.. Not so sure... But yep it happened a month ago... And you only need to be aware if you claim benefits i.e. Child Benefit and so on.. Ive alerted my dad who is on DLA cause he cant do anything with his ilyostmy bag (cant spell it properly) so hes on that so ive alerted my mum and dad to keep vigilant and report any dodgy goings on with her or his accounts.. But what gets me is so much for Data Protection Act..!!! The goverment are the worst culprits i wonder if this disk is Encrypted and password protected ? Cause youd think the goverment would do that.. If its not BANG!!! big problem...!
Posted By: chiccy Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 11:44am
how will they know that its your details that have been lost? if u get me!?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 11:46am
Exactly. smile but who nows.. 25million people is alot of peeps..
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 7:52pm
I am suprised 25 million records fitted on only 2 discs. I wonder how many filing cabinets that is equivalent to
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 9:12pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
I am suprised 25 million records fitted on only 2 discs. I wonder how many filing cabinets that is equivalent to

same here
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 21st Nov 2007 10:48pm
Originally Posted by AX_125

text files are tiny, which i imagine is wot format they would have been burned to

-

as for the earlier question, everyone claiming child benefits details would be on them...

wot a great crock of shit lol
Posted By: Waddi Re: Lost 25m people's personal details - 27th Nov 2007 11:14pm
According to all the press, they were lost in the post, not stolen with a laptop.

the disks are password protected but not encypted, and we all know how quickly a password can be hacked with the right software.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral