Forums
Posted By: MGCraig Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:49pm
Id like to apologise fully for an spellin mistakes etc...blah blah....but from the news ive heard, im owed a drink!!

The very man who got me into motorsport...Colin Mcrae...Dead in a helicopter Crash!!!

FFS...as ive already stated in another post.....couldnt ths have happened to someone more deserving of such an incient..like a chav or a rapist??
Colin Mcrae is one of the most important people in British Sport..and now hes gone..just like that....the worst thing is that my friend from uni's sister is married to an ex-technician his.....so this afectts me as well....If it turns out to be him....my full heartfelt condolences go out to his family......im not like 80% of the public who know or liked this man....i f****n loved this man...and im honestly gonna shed a tear if it turns out to be the greatest of legends himself
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:50pm
Its not confirmed yet fella. Wait, it may not be him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6996860.stm
Posted By: Wheels Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:51pm
I hope you are wrong frown
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:52pm
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article2461339.ece

confirmed.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:54pm
I will await the BBC to confirm it im afraid.

Too many independent news corps get dodgy information and report on it. Especially if its likely to help get hits and sell newspapers.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:56pm
fook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:56pm
well its clear im drinkin myself to sleep anyway
Posted By: Waddi Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:59pm
Gutted,

do you think codemasters will make a tribute, a final Rally Game for him or will they just drop his name from the series.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 10:59pm
Omg, 1st Richard Burns and now Colin Mcrea?
I don`t belive it, 2 of our best? frown
Posted By: Waddi Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:03pm
here you go Matty,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6996860.stm
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:04pm
Still not confirmed, read the article wink
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:05pm
2 of our best indeed....there isnt anyone that will be stepping up nytme soon.....Matt Wilson Is crap....as to codemasters....i personally think they should drop the series now.....theres no way to carry it on...unless they made Alistais Mcrae rally........god.......His 5 year old son as well.....how nice....right at the start of Freshers week as well......words cant actually describe how i feel
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:06pm
Matt....its gonna be them......theres no-one else
Posted By: Mark Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:06pm
I think it is a RIP Collin...

Like ckb said it was on the news.

Not a big fan of the fella but a sportsman in his own right smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:08pm
Guttered frown
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:16pm
well im goin to sleep;;;i think the best thing for me is to drink as much alcohol as possible then pass out....and hope for the best....R.I.P COLIN AND JOHNNY MCRAE
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:23pm
i would wait for bbc to confirm it over "timesonline" myself, but yea, if he was confirmed as onboard and they are only waiting for formal confirmation i imagine it was him - typical... gutted for the family n the rally, wont be the same without his presence... i was gonna order Colin McRae: DIRT today as well but never bothered (not that that really has any relevance lol)
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:42pm
Well Davey...its a brill game....ive completed it twice...its fun...and about cars...what more can ya ask for.....i say buy it in his memory....me....i have every single colin mcre game to date....and i ant gettin rid of any of em
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 15th Sep 2007 11:45pm
got a colin mcrae rally game on my pc, probs will buy t but buyin forza 2 first... been out months and still havent bought it yet!!
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 1:12am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/default.stm

headline says it all... 4 onboard, colin mcrae beng one of them - such a shame and loss to the world of motorsport
Posted By: Wheels Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 1:15am
frown

feel so bad for his wife Alison and his two children, Hollie and Johnny.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 7:24am
bloody hell just ben reading this how sad this news can not belive it r.i.p colin feel sorry for wife and kids cry
Posted By: Mark Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 3:51pm
http://www.colinmcrae.com/ frown
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 3:55pm
Originally Posted by whelan
frown

feel so bad for his wife Alison and his two children, Hollie and Johnny.

johnny was killed too
Posted By: spinking Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 4:49pm
So gutting feel sorry for his wife and daughter as they have lost a father/husband son and brother all at once so so sad.

He was a great person and a cracking driver such a waste and only young.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 4:55pm
RIP colin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 5:13pm
Why does everyone always make him out to be the best, this is one thing ive never understood??

Is it just because he is famous thanks to the computer games, is it cos he drove the famous Impreza in 1995?

I take nothing away from his ability and skill, he is a excellent driver and achieved a fair amount, but he only won the drivers world championship once, whereas the likes of Makinen, Loeb and Kankukknen (sp??) have won it more then 3 times each, and Gronholm looks like he may be about to.

Its like saying Hakkinen was one of the best ever drivers in F1, when in reality, he certainly wasnt, although he won two world championships, and was technically as good as they get, he was far lacking when compared to the likes of Schuey and Senna.

He too delivered numerous consructors championships, but its the drivers world championships that matter.

Just wondering, it seems as though its linked to the computer game more then him actually being the best.

But RIP, as I say, take nothing away from his achievements and the guy himself, very sad for sport, especially Motor Sport.

Was nice to see Rossi win in the MotoGP before, he was a good friend of Mcrae apparently and was deeply upset by his death. That overtake on the last lap was amazing hehe.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 5:30pm
matty, your a Grrr !
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 6:42pm
Matty...he was the last of a now dead breed.....no pun intended....there is now no-one who could even compete anywhere near the top level of rallying that had as much flamboyance as he did...no-one these days rallys sideways anymore...thats what truly saddens me..the worst part however is that his son was involved..and his best friend..which makes it extremely tragic..

The thing that will be interesting to see however...will anythng be given in rememberance to him....George Best managed an airport after he wasted his life and basically killed himself....non deserving in my view.....Richard Burns received hardly anything....so if the same thing happens here...its an absolte farce
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 16th Sep 2007 8:49pm
Its always a shame when such a talent is lost.

He was the first Brit to win the world championship in a generation, and his balls out - never give up attitude is what Ill miss watching.

He wasnt however alone in the helicopter, and thoughts go out to all families who lost some one in the accident frown

And as for..

Originally Posted by MattLFC
Is it just because he is famous thanks to the computer games, is it cos he drove the famous Impreza in 1995?

Colin was famous before the computer games - thats why they based a game on him, and he made the impreza famous!!

TBH I cant belive some of your recent posts regarding these talented people passing away - the best thing you could say about Pavarotti was that he went to jail!!!

How about appreciating some of the things these talented people have acheived with their lives, rather than questioning the negatives.

Would you like to be remembered as the negative, heatless CW poster if your cards came up think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 17th Sep 2007 1:50pm
I would agree that Colin may not have been the best driver, but it was his personality and driving style that made him so popular.

I also reitterate that the game was made because of this populatity, and Im pretty sure the Subaru is as well known as it is now, because of the World championship he won in it and the manufactures championships he helped them win for the following 2 years.

Originally Posted by MattLFC
im afraid I have a lot more important things in my life to even remotely give a shit what the few peeps on CW think.

...so why post then?

Any respect you ever had on this site is rapidly dropping with all the negative posts... [Linked Image]

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 17th Sep 2007 1:56pm
Thats fair enough Stuy, thats all I wanted to know. To be honest, you answered my original question in your original response.

Thats all I wanted to know. I never followed WRC until recently, and even now I am only really a casual follower since the demise of F1, not a hardcore fan etc...

I have taken some interest in the history of the sport though, and just wanted to know why he is regarded by many as the best etc...

Which I dont think was overly rude, and the context of the post I made asking the question, certainly in no way put him down, coming from a computer background, everyone I know loves playing the Rally games akin to his name, but dont actually follow rally, so you can surely understand why I linked his popularity more with the game then the sport itself.

I think this statement I made more then made up for any sense of negativity in the post:

But RIP, as I say, take nothing away from his achievements and the guy himself, very sad for sport, especially Motor Sport.

Was nice to see Rossi win in the MotoGP before, he was a good friend of Mcrae apparently and was deeply upset by his death. That overtake on the last lap was amazing hehe.

Ive always been of the "if you dont understand something, then its better to ask than not know" way of life, and thats why I asked.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 17th Sep 2007 2:00pm
Granted...

But a quick search would have shown that, and saved the post where people have felt they have had to justify their own posts to show their respect for the man.

RIP Colin - please can this be the end of the bickering frown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwb-RNbdx5U
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Colin Mcrae!!! - 17th Sep 2007 4:22pm
I am really sad he has died, wonder where Subaru would be today if he didnt drive.

Kind of freaky that the boss of Subaru was also in a helicopter crash the day after.

A sad day in Motorsports.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral