Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 18th Jul 2007 11:58pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Fast food brands are getting around laws banning the promotion of unhealthy snacks online, research suggests.

New Advertising Standards Association rules prevent the online and offline advertising of fast food to children.

But, according to trade magazine New Media Age, fast food brands are targeting kids via games, videos and cartoons on their websites.

It accuses brands such as McDonalds, Kinder and Haribo of exploiting a legal loophole in the rules.

Huh?? WTF lol!!!

GOOD ON THE COMPANIES BREAKING THE RULES I SAY!! I mean all this crap about a certain type of food being judged as "unhealthy" by these do-gooder food "experts" really peeves me!

Why should a company be banned from advertising, why should a website lose some advertising revenue, just because some organic munching pig decided that its best for thou to eat cabbages and lettuce and tomatos!

Should parents not be watching what their children eat, why is it advertisers get blamed for everything... I mean take fags for instance, they are banned from advertising in every walk of life nowadays. But the funny thing is, one of the MOST SUCCESSFUL launches of a cigarette brand in the UK was a brand called........ DEATH! - lol, people know they can die and cause all sorts of damage as a result of smoking, advertising or not, they will smoke and should be allowed to if they want to, so long as it doesnt adversly affect other non-smokers.

This five a day fruit thing is just a bloody marketing scam developed by all the major supermarkets, not only do they sell more fruit as a result, but they have put their prices up considerably, but stealthly since the fad was introduced.

I dont eat all this "healthy" crap, never have done and never will do, and I managed to walk up Snowdon no problem whatsoever, and come back down and would have still had enough energy to give it another go!

People should be allowed to eat what they want when they want instead of the government and media dictating what should and shouldnt be eating.

I notice the consumption of school dinners has decreased massively since the government made them "healthy" haha up yours you fookin cheeky do-gooder food "experts" raftl raftl

BBC News Report
Posted By: scoop Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 23rd Jul 2007 1:02pm
my kids will be brought up the same way i was as that's what i consider "normal" and perfectly healthy

which means allowing fast food now and again but not going overboard. The parents that give theyre kids fast food regularly are the problem,not the advertising. Why cant it go back to the way it was when i was growing up?? just teach the parents a lesson somehow (i dont know how,i'd like to hit them)

Its all the parents faults this childhood obesity
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 23rd Jul 2007 4:32pm
same here mate i got a 3 month old she will be brought up same way only letting her have fast food as a treat now and again
Posted By: jonah Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 24th Jul 2007 4:05am
raftl comin from the man who lived on ali-burgers and pizzas and chippy meals.... grrrr
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 24th Jul 2007 5:14pm
di not hear you complaning mate when you were munching on them
Posted By: jonah Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 25th Jul 2007 3:57am
Originally Posted by fasterste
di not hear you complaning mate when you were munching on them

only cos we never paid for them lol raftl
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Fast Food Brands Accused Of Breaking Rules - 25th Jul 2007 4:57pm
that very very true mate lmao
© Wirral-Wikiwirral