Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Further BOE Rate Rise - 5th Jul 2007 9:06pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
The Bank of England has raised UK interest rates from 5.5% to 5.75%, its fifth rate rise since last August.

Its Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) warned that inflation remains a danger, saying "most indicators of pricing pressure remain elevated".

Some analysts have taken that to mean there may be a further rise this year.

The higher rates will add between £15 and £20 a month to an average £100,000 repayment mortgage, but may be good for savers who should earn higher interest.

Hehe...

This country is going down!! Sooner or later people are going to pay the price for all their wreckless overborrowing on mortgages etc, and everyone will realise how weak our economy really is.

I still say it will be 6.00% by the end of the year.

grin

BBC News Report
Posted By: jonah Re: Further BOE Rate Rise - 5th Jul 2007 10:33pm
it will probably be matty, thank god i'm on a fixed rate for 2 yrs wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Further BOE Rate Rise - 5th Jul 2007 10:35pm
Originally Posted by jonah
it will probably be matty, thank god i'm on a fixed rate for 2 yrs wink

Yeah man, you got your head screwed on. I bet your glad its a fixed rate now, even if it is only for a couple of years, every penny is better in your pocket then the banks!

smile
Posted By: jonah Re: Further BOE Rate Rise - 5th Jul 2007 10:37pm
aint that the truth dude !
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Further BOE Rate Rise - 20th Aug 2007 4:03pm
Just listening to a financial and markets analyst atm and it sounds like the industry are predicting a further interest rise is imminent before the end of the year.

Also, interestingly, the London housing market has seen the first drop in average prices in over a decade.

It's only 0.1% drop, but its significant because the rest of the country will follow.

Also, given all the recent problems within the markets, and the UK housing market seemingly going to hit 6.00% base rates and the fact that it looks like house prices are starting to drop because the market in general is slowing down fast, he said the general feeling within the industry is that a recession isnt too far away, maybe 3 - 4 years...

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Further BOE Rate Rise - 20th Aug 2007 5:24pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
a recession isnt too far away, maybe 3 - 4 years...

I really hope so tbh, cant wait pray lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral