Forums
Posted By: Mark New Olympic 2012 Logo - 4th Jun 2007 11:46pm
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bbc
The logo for the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics has been unveiled in a star-studded ceremony in London.

The jagged emblem, based on the date 2012, comes in a series of shades of pink, blue, green and orange and will evolve in the run-up to the Games.

The word London and the Olympic rings are included in the first two digits of the new logo.

"This is the vision at the very heart of our brand," said London 2012 organising committee chairman Seb Coe.

Posted By: Wheels Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 11:27am
me no likey frown
Posted By: Pomp Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 1:00pm
yup not my thing.
Posted By: Wheels Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 2:35pm
it has been mentioned that it looks like Lisa Simpson giving head smile
Posted By: jonah Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 4:11pm
just doesnt inspire u does it, its crap, like our atletes, not very 'spirit of the olympics is it'
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 4:46pm
hmm I dunno. It does look crap, but its started to grow on me a little, but not much, and I still hate the flashing version

It is very different from past 'traditional' ones like sydney and spain.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 6:56pm
what a load of crap
Posted By: Mark Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 7:13pm
it is shite, and i wonder how much it cost to commision that one lol
Posted By: Pomp Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 7:23pm
Originally Posted by bbc
New 2012 logo: Iconic or awful?

What do you think of the new logo for the London Olympics?

The new jagged emblem which took a year to research and cost £400,00 was unveiled on Monday.

Organisers said it would "live" for the next five years and chairman Lord Coe described it as "edgy".

But critics have called the brightly-coloured depiction of the date 2012 "ghastly" and an online petition is calling for it to be scrapped.

Petition to Change the logo
Posted By: Pomp Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 7:24pm
I think thats suppose to cost £400,000 but they made a mistake and missed one "0" out.
Posted By: Mark Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 5th Jun 2007 7:32pm
28,262 signatures lol
Posted By: krisGTi Re: New Olympic 2012 Logo - 6th Jun 2007 9:53pm
looks crap an the flashin version is even craper
Posted By: Pomp Olympic logo epilepsy warning - 7th Jun 2007 12:37am
Originally Posted by The Daily Telegraph
ANIMATED footage promoting the ill-fated logo for the 2012 London Olympic Games was removed from the organisers' website today amid concern it could trigger epileptic fits.

The video clip shows a diver plunging into a pool as part of a campaign to promote the jagged Olympic logo, which is a graffiti-like blow-up of the number 2012 in a range of colours including hot pink and electric blue.

A London 2012 spokeswoman said the concerns surrounded a four-second piece of animation shown at the logo's launch yesterday and recorded by broadcasters.

Emphasising it was not the logo itself which was the focus of health worries, she said: "This concerns a short piece of animation which we used as part of the logo launch event and not the actual logo.

"It was a diver diving into a pool which had multi-colour ripple effects."

Critics of the emblem have described it as "hideous" - while organisers called it powerful and modern.

The clip's removal follows comments by Professor Graham Harding, an expert in clinical neurophysiology who developed a test used to measure photosensitivity levels in animated TV material.

"The logo should not be shown on TV at all at the moment," Harding said. "It fails the Harding FPA machine test which is the machine the television industry uses to test images."
Posted By: Mark Re: Olympic logo epilepsy warning - 7th Jun 2007 12:50am
What Professor Graham Harding is saying between the lines
if i get the jist of it, is that its errrr

SHIT !!
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Olympic logo epilepsy warning - 7th Jun 2007 12:16pm
i honestly dont think its that bad....different to thwe norm..and if thats what the country wants..let em ave it.....dusnt bother me tho...never watch the olympics...no motor racin in it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral