Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Giant Madaleine Poster Unveiled - 28th May 2007 3:11pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
The parents of four-year-old Madeleine McCann have been to see a giant poster designed to publicise the appeal for their missing daughter.

The inflatable billboard, made in Glasgow, was unveiled on a beach at Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal, near to where she was taken on 3 May.

Gerry and Kate McCann thanked people who have been going through "absolutely extraordinary lengths" to help them.

The couple are set to attend a general audience with the Pope on Wednesday.

The fund set up by the McCann family to help find their daughter, and highlight the issue of missing children, has now raised more than £320,000.

One cant help but think that whilst the intentions of the Sun/News Of The World seem honourable on the surface, they didnt need to place their logo on the poster.

However at the end of the day any publicity that can be spread is all the better, but I dunno how many people they expect dont already know what the girl looks like and whats happened now. I suppose it just helps to keep the story alive.

BBC News Report
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Giant Madaleine Poster Unveiled - 28th May 2007 3:26pm
Its just extra publicity for the news of the world.

It's terrible that she has gone misssing, but persoanlly, I don't think she'll be found, but if she is, she won't be alive.

I also think, everyday a lot of other children go missing in the UK and around the world so why not publicise them too?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral