Forums
Posted By: mikeeb Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 2:04pm
Free access has gone frown
It will not let me view anymore of their articles. They are charging £52 a year or £4.99 a month subscriptions.
No doubt they will lose out on advertising revenue.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 4:03pm
Ooh, sneaky! I used to nip on there from time to time to check local news stories. They won't be having any money off me...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:15pm
Still free, you get less ads and nags if you subscribe for £52 a year.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:19pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Still free, you get less ads and nags if you subscribe for £52 a year.

Well why won't they let me view any more articles?
Every article I viewed had a counter on it up to 40 as the limit. Now I can only view articles I have already read and not new ones.

Originally Posted by Greenwood
Ooh, sneaky! I used to nip on there from time to time to check local news stories. They won't be having any money off me...

You get 40 free articles then that's it frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:35pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
Every article I viewed had a counter on it up to 40 as the limit. Now I can only view articles I have already read and not new ones.

You must have really upset them, I have no counters just various nag screens that pop up but can still read the articles. I'm viewing with Chromium browser and "U-block origin" ad blocker.

Clear your cookies, if they are counting you they must be tracking you but may be done by IP address.

I'm fed up with companies that want you to pay to see the advertising that they get paid for.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:35pm
Here is a screen shot.

Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

You must have really upset them.

Hahaha! For being a regular on their website? That isn't fair

Description: Wirral Globe screen shot
Attached picture Screenshot (2).png
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:40pm
American owned, lets hope we get a British replacement.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:44pm
I wouldn't mind, there is only one website I have my ad blocker turned off, and it is the Wirral Globe website frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:46pm
I wouldn't mind, there is only one website I have my ad blocker turned off, and it is the Wirral Globe website frown

I'm definitely not turning it off now laffin
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Globe - 22nd May 2020 5:52pm
Still blocking me with ad blocker turned on and logged out somad
I clear my tracking cookies every couple of days as well. Like you say must be tracking my IP.
Aah well! I give up.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Wirral Globe - 26th May 2020 11:24am
I thought Wirral Globe (and Liverpool Echo) is just a news aggregation site with clickbait headlines. Liverpool Echo website even covers celebrity stuff from across the UK.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...-shocked-to-find-content.html#Post546272
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral Globe - 26th May 2020 12:30pm
The Globe doesn't have many clickbait headlines but is low on content, whereas the Echo has loads of clickbait headlines but is also high in content.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Wirral Globe - 5th Jun 2020 7:32am
I wouldn't agree it's high on content - drug dealers, Liverpool FC and 'trending from around the country'. It's as if the staff just gave up.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral