Forums
Posted By: granny Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 6:56pm
. [youtube]sf5fEmEqJFk&feature=[/youtube]
Posted By: rocks Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 10:06pm
absolutely the biggest waste of time, a complete let down (im being polite) thumbsdown
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 10:08pm
Originally Posted by rocks
absolutely the biggest waste of time, a complete let down (im being polite) thumbsdown
withthat
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 10:22pm
I wasn't even sure when it had started it was so bad !
Posted By: Habdab Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 11:52pm
The Echo billed it as "a massive firework celebration". "It's going to be an amazing spectacle".

My kids said the most impressive fireworks were in someones garden on the way home from the river of light. Most of the Fireworks were on the Liverpool side and so far away that they couldn't hear them and they looked pathetic.
The amount of vehicles that arrived on the Wirral side to watch, gridlocked the Wallasey roads for ages after the event had finished. Reminiscent of the Tall ships fiasco in 1982. Let's get the Fireworks back in the local Parks next year, then at least half of Wirral won't be concentrated in one spot.
Nice planning by Wirral council, again!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 5th Nov 2016 11:57pm
And, ANd, AND - this!!!!!!

I live near a popular vantage point for #RiverOfLight. I placed bins in front of my driveway with a sign saying 'Do Not Park Here'.
Some selfish Grrr did so, anyway with no regard for why I needed my driveway clear!!! Moved my bins and just parked their car anyway. #Grrrs mad lamethrower somad
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 6th Nov 2016 8:11am
Trains off, buses missing as well, absolute chaos. Think Birkenhead side money was used to subsidise Liverpool's grandstanding. Heck of a lot of disappointed people I should imagine. People were leaving Woodside after 10 minutes. Total waste of tax payers resources. And to think you can't get your bin empties or your street cleaned because we're short of cash. The council are an absolute joke.

oldman
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 6th Nov 2016 12:28pm
I went to West Kirby Sailing Club's display, and it was very good; fireworks bursting over the water of the Marine Lake, and the sound bouncing off the flats along the prom, with the twinkling lights of North Wales in the background. Busy, but only a few minutes walk to where we managed to park the car, and all very good-natured. Can recommend it, and there's a collection for the RNLI.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 6th Nov 2016 12:32pm
How was the Mersey display compared to the others they had there over the last few years. One display I saw over the river was excellent..not sure if it was the millennium one or capital culture
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 7th Nov 2016 2:54pm
At the end of the day I would rather my bins got emptied and Duke St area was kept clean rather than see that amount of money go up in the sky. The people who travelled from further afield must be feeling right seen off, they might as well have stayed at home and set off a rip rap.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 7th Nov 2016 3:14pm
I think the logistics of barges, towing and anchorage would not be cheap and fire work money left out of the budget was well depleted.Whose been to a posh wedding, and had a cone of chips?.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fireworks Liverpool Live - 7th Nov 2016 5:36pm
Feedback Questionnaire

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Je...T2FGPnOBxpQ/viewform?edit_requested=true
© Wirral-Wikiwirral