Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 27th Jun 2016 1:22pm
Wirral - Remain

Parliamentary Constituencies:-

Birkenhead - Leave
Wallasey - Remain (just, very close)
Wirral West - Remain
Wirral South - Remain

Electoral Wards:-

Bidston & St James: Leave
Birkenhead & Tranmere: Leave
Claughton: Leave
Oxton: Remain
Prenton: Remain (very close)
Rock Ferry: Leave

Leasowe and Moreton East: Leave
Liscard: Leave
Moreton West and Saughall Massie: Leave
New Brighton: Remain
Seacombe: Remain
Wallasey: Remain

Bebington: Remain
Bromborough: Leave
Clatterbridge: Remain
Eastham: Leave
Heswall: Remain

Greasby, Frankby and Irby: Remain
Hoylake and Meols: Remain
Pensby and Thingwall: Remain
Upton: Leave
West Kirby and Thurstaston: Remain

I think I have all those right, apologies if there are any mistakes.
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 27th Jun 2016 2:51pm
Hi Were did you find the results as I would be interested for the Cheshire West and Chester figures, thanks
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 27th Jun 2016 3:57pm
One or two anomalies (but maybe I'm not aware of recent demographic changes). On the whole, what I would have expected: poorer areas, leave, wealthier areas, remain.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 27th Jun 2016 4:25pm
Originally Posted by nestonlad
Hi Were did you find the results as I would be interested for the Cheshire West and Chester figures, thanks
Sorry, I don't think most councils have released them yet, I've not seen any Cheshire ward figures.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 27th Jun 2016 5:18pm
What is interesting about those results is, many of the Remain areas, are predominately retirement or mature residences. That blows a hole in the pre-conceived ideas, that it was all the OLD folk who voted for Brexit.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 28th Jun 2016 9:33am
The higher the level of education, the higher the EU support

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ults-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 3rd Jul 2016 5:51pm
I think that the education theory is madness, surely educated people could clearly see the EU lacks accountability and democracy. I don't think we will leave, there's already talk of article 50 not being invoked. The EU will have a field day. If we did end up staying in, expect to be filling your car up with Euros in 5 years time. The opt-out was never permanent and the EU stated all EU countries should have it by 2020.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral Referendum Results By Areas - 3rd Jul 2016 6:48pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
The higher the level of education, the higher the EU support

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ults-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/

Doubt it---London and Scotland were big remainers--you need to be missing a few screws to live in those places. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral