Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Fostering - 500 A Year In Wirral - 12th Jan 2016 4:07pm
I was astounded to find that 500 children a year require fostering in Wirral. I know there are a large variety of reasons but that seems like a huge number.

SOURCE
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fostering - 500 A Year In Wirral - 12th Jan 2016 5:21pm
could even be higher as some Wirral kids are fostered outside of the Wirral in safe houses.

Id be interested to know the number of physical and mentally handicapped people we care for on the Wirral. I see so many "care" buses go past with some poor people on board.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Fostering - 500 A Year In Wirral - 12th Jan 2016 5:24pm
Its mostly siblings that need fostered,social workers prefer to keep siblings together rather than separate them in other foster placements.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Fostering - 500 A Year In Wirral - 12th Jan 2016 6:38pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
could even be higher as some Wirral kids are fostered outside of the Wirral in safe houses.

Id be interested to know the number of physical and mentally handicapped people we care for on the Wirral. I see so many "care" buses go past with some poor people on board.

Official figure for Wirral children in care is 670.

Piecing together bits and pieces I get a figure of around 20,000 Wirral people are handicapped/disabled and about 60% of these are mental health issues. No guarantees on these figure, I've found nothing definite and some contradictions.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral