Forums
Posted By: Mark Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 30th Nov 2015 5:31pm
Liscard’s Christmas tree has been targeted by yobs just two weeks after over 1,000 people packed into the town to see it lit up.

The town’s festive centrepiece was designed to wipe away memories of last year’s decorations, which attracted widespread derision .

The tree – covered in baubles – had been paid for by council funds and local donations and more than 1,000 people had turned out two weeks ago for the official switch-on of the town’s lights .

Baubles taken from festive centrepiece and lights fused in attack condemned by Wallasey MP Angela Eagle

Source : click me
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 30th Nov 2015 5:38pm
Grrrrr, can't have nothing nice.

Did notice the missing baubles on Friday morning.
Posted By: starakita Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 30th Nov 2015 8:57pm
Wondered how long it would be before it would get vandalised,don't know why some people out there have to ruin nice stuff for everyone else.Probably why we don't have one in Birkenhead any more
Posted By: casper Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 1st Dec 2015 10:09am
Liscard has become the most depressing place, I visit as little as possible, the effort has been made and welcomed to try and give it some Christmas atmosphere, but its the attitude of the few that ruin it, walking to Wilko's last week with my wife and a voice from behind says can I get past love, a 30 year old lad riding a mountain bike wanting to get past, so I said to him you are not supposed to ride on the pavement, for my trouble I was subjected to a few minutes of foul verbal abuse, and well at least I now know I am an old barstard, unfortunately this culture is allowed to prevail in Liscard and is accepted and if ignored will only get worse.
Posted By: Mark Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 20th Dec 2015 12:45pm
Reports are saying after 2 weeks the Christmas Lights on the tree are still brocken and the tree lights are still broken.

Some reports are saying its because of the bulbs that were taken have caused internal damage. Which could mean its broken for this year.

Some Reports are saying that there is a outdoor junction box that provides power to thr tree is at fault and needs replacing as its shorting out as its filling with water.

Either way, Wirral Council should have had this sorted by now, its a shame all that effort thats gone into it.

Probably studying morrisons parking charges and plans.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 20th Dec 2015 6:47pm
Think they should move it next year to inside the cherry tree
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 20th Dec 2015 7:52pm
I'm with the duck, makes more sence.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 20th Dec 2015 8:57pm
looks like iam missing nothing back home, just thoughtless ... destroying it for everyone.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 21st Dec 2015 3:58pm
Liscard tree lights are working again.

SOURCE
Posted By: Mark Re: Liscard Christmas Tree Vandalised - 21st Dec 2015 4:44pm
The lights were initially damaged when the tree was vandalised recently. The damage was such that it impacted on the wider street lighting network in the area and the necessary repairs needed to get the illuminations working again reliably have been far from straightforward.

No ones heard of a 10m extension cable then.
Common sense, if your putting on a show, give the public what they want. A tree with working lights.

Vandalised but leaving such an expensive tree outside was pretty dumb really. . .

Its like parking your car and leaving it with the windows down, its only going to be a matter of time.

Pleased there back up and working.
Will they see Christmas out??

Description: From Facebook
Attached picture FB_IMG_1450717282204.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral