Forums
Posted By: daveybm New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 10:47am
The old Morrisons store in Church Rd opens on Saturday as a Home Bargain:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-home-bargains-store-open-10254070

About time the people of Seacombe had one.

Dave
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 5:10pm
woohoo Kevin is opening the shop bananalama
Posted By: suie1 Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 5:35pm
An Aldi would have been more use. Food shopping is more important than whether you can find the right picture frame cheap enough especially for the poverty stricken children in this area! You can go to Liscard, New Brighton or Birkenhead for Home and Bargains! Just saying.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 7:34pm
i heard the krankies and chesney hawkes will be on the tills
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 7:48pm
Originally Posted by suie1
An Aldi would have been more use. Food shopping is more important than whether you can find the right picture frame cheap enough especially for the poverty stricken children in this area! You can go to Liscard, New Brighton or Birkenhead for Home and Bargains! Just saying.
The newer HB are branching into selling fresh produce/ freezer food.
As a Seacombe-ite I doubt I will be doing my main shop there but will be handy for 'bits' in the week.

ps. Would have LOVED an Aldi!
Never did a full shop when the building was a Netto or Morrisons either, by the way.
Posted By: Dilly Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 9:09pm
Originally Posted by suie1

It was a Netto but the shoplifters complained that they couldn't make a decent living.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 9:42pm
Must be a reason why Kwik Save Netto Morrisons all pulled out so what would make it work any better for Aldi. I suspect housing catchment area is too small with not many houses towards river. Good luck Home and Bargains
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 10:44pm
My understanding of the closure of Morrisons- is that they did not sell enough 'high-end/ big profit' stock?! I do not know if that is true.

My personal view is that any chain-store/ large company in an impoverished area should be glad of any profit- but hey, Morrisons have long gone, now.

Seacombe is devoid of everything- there is nowhere to go, nothing to see, really. I don't see how the new HB are going to attract people to the area.

I have already stated that I did not do a 'full shop' in any of the buildings previous stores- The Kwiky, Netto and Morrissons.....

Seacombe needs somewhere where people can do a full weeks shopping and where, funnily enough, visitors want to visit!!

I spoke to to Our Corner Shop Lady at the demise of Morrissons, 'Bet you are made up', I said. No actually, she said- actually lost customers. Apparently, non-locals rocked up to her shop en-route to Morrisons.
Posted By: hagar Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 14th Oct 2015 11:24pm
dilly,bang out of order saying that.I worked in Seacombe for over 20 years until 18 months ago and agree there are some ... about but the majority of people living there are really genuine and good people.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 12:22am
I think 'dillys 'comment was meant to be 'Tongue in cheek' to be fair..
Posted By: Dilly Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 6:52am
Originally Posted by hagar
dilly,bang out of order saying that.I worked in Seacombe for over 20 years until 18 months ago and agree there are some ... about but the majority of people living there are really genuine and good people.

I know ! I have lived there and have many friends who still live there.
Just a bit of my sense of humour .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 7:34am
Hagar!!!! Dilly said the shoplifters, not the people of seacombe!!!!
Posted By: joeblogs Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 8:51am
hb will be a big hit in Seacombe but they never have security guards on? the stuff was walking out of Morrisons and thet had guards
Posted By: Dilly Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 9:05am
Originally Posted by joeblogs
hb will be a big hit in Seacombe but they never have security guards on? the stuff was walking out of Morrisons and thet had guards

watch what you say Joe, some people are easily offended smile
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 9:46am
Originally Posted by joeblogs
Can you substantiate that derogatory slur on the good people of Seacombe with facts,or is it merely your prejudiced perception?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: New Home Bargain in Seacombe - 15th Oct 2015 11:42am
Ha! Lud!!!! You've raised your hairy head. I knew you wouldn't be far away when you seen something to get your teeth into. Xxxx
© Wirral-Wikiwirral