Forums
Posted By: Blueskier UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 8:58pm
What just went over Wallasey Village? Very high, very loud, very bright. Quite disconcerting. 15 minutes ago.
Came pretty much over our heads from the centre of Wallasey Village and we watched it all the way in line with our roads out to the sea. Even when the light was gone we could hear it loudly.
No way was it a fighter. It was an extremely bright light. A constant light. Lasted a good 90 seconds, staying on the same track. Surely not part of Perseid. Came from the wrong direction.
My first thought was honestly that it was the space station and it was coming down.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:11pm
People saying the Eurofighter with afterburners on.
If thats the case i wouldnt want to take one on.
Posted By: Catsick Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:11pm
Heard it, watched it head over the bay northwards then the light went out but the sound stayed, maybe experimental stuff, or Birkenheads got a space programme!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:25pm
Facebook pages are going MENTAL over this!!! sherlock
Posted By: cools Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:27pm
Ooh I'd have liked to see that...
Posted By: granny Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:27pm
Comet .
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:52pm
I seen the same thing! all the neighbors were out in the street, the noise was so loud it shook the house! at first i thought fighter jet, but the sound was so loud, it was definitely traveling faster than Mach 1 - the speed of sound. i highly doubt a fighter jet would be permitted to fly at that speed at such a low altitude. so i am left clueless, heaven knows what it was. it burnt with an extremely bright white/ orange light and looked only a few thousand feet above the sea level!
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:54pm
Love it! 'The Birkenhead, Council run, Space Programme'
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 9:55pm
Love it! 'The Birkenhead, Council run, Space Programme' haha
Posted By: GaryFromWirral Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:05pm
I was having a sleep and was awoken by what I thought was a plane in distress .. definitely sounded like a plane but it lit up my room which is pitch black normally ,So I went downstairs and asked my Mum if She saw it as I was in bed and She said that She also thought it was a plane going to crash , but had looked out and said it was a weird bright light that wasn't a plane !!! Must admit here in New Brighton I've noticed a lot of weird low flying airliners recently and the obvious fighter jets increasing their training flights ... hmmmm hope someone in the know posts the right information
Posted By: granny Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:08pm
It was Jesus.
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:08pm
Originally Posted by GaryFromWirral
I was having a sleep and was awoken by what I thought was a plane in distress .. definitely sounded like a plane but it lit up my room which is pitch black normally ,So I went downstairs and asked my Mum if She saw it as I was in bed and She said that She also thought it was a plane going to crash , but had looked out and said it was a weird bright light that wasn't a plane !!! Must admit here in New Brighton I've noticed a lot of weird low flying airliners recently and the obvious fighter jets increasing their training flights ... hmmmm hope someone in the know posts the right information

I have found the governtments timetable for LFA (low flying aircraft) over our area and theres nothing permited to fly at this time ! oshocked i guess we'll never know, unless of course it was something significant crashing to earth. but who knows i bet the governtments up to all sorts without our knowledge!heres the link by the way for the timetable https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._data/file/449718/OLF_10_14_Aug_2015.pdf
Posted By: tedmus Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:13pm
It was a Tornado going through JLA, put the afterburners on over Wallasey, very loud!

The Typhoon at the weekend was based at JLA and displaying at Blackpool and N Ireland.
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:16pm
Originally Posted by tedmus
It was a Tornado going through JLA, put the afterburners on over Wallasey, very loud!

I'm impressed! how do you know what it was? eek
Posted By: Blueskier Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:31pm
Wouldnt have thought anything could get that high from JLA to Wallasey without doing an extreme climb. Dont see them allowing it in general airspace without good reason. Especially at night in a heavily populated area. Accept it was a Typhoon but something more to its actions.

But i have always loved an X files story.
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:34pm
Originally Posted by Blueskier
Wouldnt have thought anything could get that high from JLA to Wallasey without doing an extreme climb. Dont see them allowing it in general airspace without good reason. Especially at night in a heavily populated area. Accept it was a Typhoon but something more to its actions.

But i have always loved an X files story.

Well to us, i guess by definition, it was technically a genuine UFO!
Posted By: tedmus Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:36pm
Originally Posted by Sam94

http://derbosoft.proboards.com/thread/19080/lpl-12-o8-2015?page=2
Posted By: Blueskier Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:40pm
Great link Tedmus. The burners were lit before getting over the water. So loud.
Posted By: Massa16 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:41pm
Originally Posted by Sam94

http://derbosoft.proboards.com/thread/19080/lpl-12-o8-2015?page=2

Nice, thanks for the link smile
Posted By: Santos Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:41pm
It was military alright - no trace on Flight Radar and it appeared to be heading for Valley.
Posted By: tedmus Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 10:55pm
Originally Posted by Blueskier
Great link Tedmus. The burners were lit before getting over the water. So loud.

I nearly bumped my other half off the back step rushing into the yard to go have a look laugh
Posted By: fish5133 Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 11:31pm
Originally Posted by granny
It was Jesus.

Nice try Granny-- but "every eye will see" and I missed it.
Posted By: granny Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 12th Aug 2015 11:39pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
It was Jesus.

Hmmm.........Back to the tea and buns then smile
Posted By: Nigel Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 7:48am
So nobody was watching the 6pm news? last night (Meteor shower).
Posted By: Dilly Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 8:31am
Nigel I can tell you, that was no meteor.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 8:48am
Originally Posted by fish5133
It was Jesus.

Hmmm.........Back to the tea and buns then smile

Wit and repartee at its best !! yes
Posted By: Catsick Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 11:25am
well.. .so much for this theory then!

Attached picture maxresdefault.jpg
Posted By: venice Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 12:45pm
lol, You never know Catsick! pigs might fly and all that.
Posted By: sunnyside Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 1:39pm

Attached picture animals-pig-fly-flight-pigs_might_fly-unbelievable_event-rskn8_low.jpg
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 2:44pm
[youtube]1oojzyytK-8[/youtube] it was one of these
Posted By: j_demo Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 4:03pm
I was watching it while on my bike on my way home up leasowe road, it was certainly a fighter jet. Had twin afterburners and a shape/silhouette that was resemblant of a eurofighter typhoon.it was flying very fast and over land which leads me to believe it was scrambled to intervept something as a matter of urgency.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 4:20pm
I don't know why the RAF send a fighter screaming down the Mersey at low altitude every day. It makes an almighty row, terrifies our dog and seems pretty pointless to me.

Perhaps they feel they have to check the river's still there every day, but I wonder what they will do if it disappears. Bomb it back into existence maybe?

It is certainly a UFO - Unwelcome F***ing Object!

Posted By: Santos Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 6:36pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
I don't know why the RAF send a fighter screaming down the Mersey at low altitude every day. It makes an almighty row, terrifies our dog and seems pretty pointless to me.

Perhaps they feel they have to check the river's still there every day, but I wonder what they will do if it disappears. Bomb it back into existence maybe?

It is certainly a UFO - Unwelcome F***ing Object!

It is for pilot training. I am quite sure that people would expect our air defence to be manned by highly trained pilots and they would be the first to moan and complain if it was not. Simple answer really if it bothers you that much - move................
Posted By: tonyh Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 6:39pm
Where does the boss of raf valley live? Yep Merseyside what a hell of a taxi ride back to work. It used to be Friday night into jla then pick up on Monday morning.

Posted By: Moonstar Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 13th Aug 2015 11:17pm
The training sweep down the river every now and then is OK and a sight to see. But, whatever it was had me clutching the arms of my chair waiting to see if my time had come or it would miss! Very scary.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 14th Aug 2015 11:35am
Camping in Anglesey can give you a few surprises, when the jets from Valley zoom by - likewise Betws-y-Coed. They fly low through the valleys. I've seen transport planes flying low too - though they are rather more ponderous and lack the shock factor. They have to train somewhere.
Posted By: tedmus Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 14th Aug 2015 12:35pm
Originally Posted by Greenwood
Camping in Anglesey can give you a few surprises, when the jets from Valley zoom by - likewise Betws-y-Coed. They fly low through the valleys. I've seen transport planes flying low too - though they are rather more ponderous and lack the shock factor. They have to train somewhere.

We holiday in the Dolgellau area which is by the Mach Loop so see allsorts there. One place we stayed at was right under one of the entry points to it, two Hercules came thundering over one night at about half ten, whole house was shaking.
Posted By: starakita Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 14th Aug 2015 1:00pm
Bala is another place these jets come over & we saw one of those transporter planes
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: UFO Wallasey Village. - 14th Aug 2015 1:38pm
It is amusing around the Bala area (afterwards) - you're halfway up a rock face and a jet flies past beneath you.

Great to see them but its a shame the government use them for murder and not just war.

The worst thing on Anglesey is the engine tests, loads of noise for long periods of time but no corresponding action.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral