Forums
Posted By: ludwigvan HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 1:05pm
I've heard a rumour that the HSBC bank opposite Sainsburys in Prenton is closing in September, can anyone confirm this?
Posted By: j_demo Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 1:09pm
can't speak for individual branches but i've heard a lot of HSBC branches are closing and the ones left will be renamed from HSBC to something else, First Direct is an option but nothing has been confirmed as yet.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 1:33pm
They are closing over 1000 branches, if they do close any in September its disgusting that they haven't announced it as its only two months away. The banking ombudsman should step in if this is the case.

"Midland" is also an option for those branches that are getting rebranded.

They are also reducing their investment arm, which makes me wonder what market they have found to screw somebody over for money. Lets wait for the next scandal.
Posted By: granny Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 2:17pm
Midland Bank was taken over by HSBC, originally.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 3:02pm
It is definitely closing. Received a letter for mother (I have POA for her).
Accounts moving to Grange Road.
Not an issue for me as i do all on line but feel for others affected.
Not sure of the date as i didnt read the detail in the letter.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 3:30pm
Thank you all for the information, it would be nice to be notified by them as I have banked with them in all their manifestations for nearly 50 years. Mind you, I've been thinking of changing banks for the last 20 years so this has just forced my hand. It's a rubbish bank in my opinion, it doesn't seem to bother them that people are queuing out onto the pavement while they have one till open and the rest of the staff are counting paper clips. Good riddance.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 4:16pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Thank you all for the information, it would be nice to be notified by them as I have banked with them in all their manifestations for nearly 50 years. Mind you, I've been thinking of changing banks for the last 20 years so this has just forced my hand. It's a rubbish bank in my opinion, it doesn't seem to bother them that people are queuing out onto the pavement while they have one till open and the rest of the staff are counting paper clips. Good riddance.

Is your contact detail up to date Ludwigvan as from what Blueskier says it sounds as if letter have gone out?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 4:34pm
Its a big chance for the Post Office to up their game as they do day-to-day banking stuff for most of the banks.

Unfortunately most post offices are in locations where parking isn't ideal - how short sighted!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 4:44pm
Hi Blue Skier, yes all up to date, I only got my statement through the post yesterday and no mention of them closing.

Hi DD, that's a good idea, I've got a few shillings saved in the P.O. I'll see what they can offer.
Posted By: plantpot Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 8:43pm
HSBC Prenton closes on the Friday 25th Sept.

Ludwigvan you would only get a letter if your account is held at the Prenton Branch,if your's is held there contact them for details as to what's happening if you don't receive a letter soon.

As for staff counting paperclips-- Fat Chance there are only 3 employees working dam hard.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: HSBC. Prenton. - 12th Jul 2015 9:10pm
Thanks for the information Plantpot.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral